Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

Well I am experiencing a lot of things with sleeve that I had with the band. Mainly issues with eating. Right now I am sitting here walking in place becuz I ate a piece of beef to fast and now it feels stuck in my throat. I had same exasct issue with the band. So I am familiar with alot of things like that. havent encountered any food intoletances yet (knock on wood!). Not many other differences other than the healing process is longer... I dont have issues with chicken at all which is good bcuz I love chicken breast. I have not been cleared for exercise yet tho so hopefilly when I am I can jumpstart my weightloss!

I'm a cheater as well' date=' it's hard to get back on track. I guess this is why I'm losing so slow. The strange thing is that on days I cheat and I'm mad at myself for eating so much I wake up to a nice surprise of weight loss. I lost 2 pounds today and 2 on Sunday so I'm not sure if my body is so use to the fast food and crap that it holds onto the weight if I don't eat that stuff, any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

What do u mean by cheating? What would u eat in a bad cheating day?

I hear everyone talk about cheating and wonder what they mean too.... My NUT said I am cleared to eat anything I want. We have to go on with as normal of a lifestyle as we can. She said as long as I am getting in my Protein and fluids etc.. it is OK to have a treat once in a while.

If we deprive ourselves all the time we will just want it more often. I think back to the amount of food I would consume in a meal and am shocked! We are still eating far less than we were before. We don't have the ability at a couple of months out to eat like we used to. I am so happy that I am satisfied with just a bite of something when I used to always want so much more.

Don't be so hard on yourselves. Look at your life now compared to a few months ago. We are rockin' our sleeves!!!

Keep up a positive attitude and if you slip up... tomorrow is another day. I can't wait until we are a year out. We are all going to look fabulous!!!

I don't really know if anyone ever reads my post since I never get much feed back but I still want to share.

It's been 2 months today since I've been sleeved. I've been blessed to have given another chance at life since I had diabetes. Yes HAD its been in remission since day 3. I've lost a total of 22 after surgery and a total of 42 lbs. I am 30 lbs away from goal.

Hope everyone else is doing good.

I read your posts, I was also sleeved on Sept. 13th. You are doing a lot better than I am, I've only lost 27 pounds and have a ton more to lose. Congratulations on your success!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

By cheating I mean unhealthy, fattening food. Saturday I was at a party and had a little cake/ice cream and lost 2 pounds the next day. Monday I had Chinese food that was really high in calories and again lost weight the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

momof 1st you are excersiing muscle weighs more than fat, check measurments. 2nd you might be excerising to much and not eating enough your body will hold on to what it has thinking its starving. log your food and see how many cals you are getting in and how many cals you are burning. hope that helps

mdm yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

i cheated today i had a good day. my dad sent me money and told me to get out of the house and go to lunch, so i did and walked the mall in century city man that is a huge outside mall. i also had pinkberry twice 2 oz each time for lunch i had bj's i had the half of flatbread pizza witha side salad could only eat half and ate the rest later. did a little shoppig not much but it felt nice. went to my daughters in van nuys had tea with her drove home and stopped at that dang del taco for a macho taco which wasnt bad but it added onto my already 1000 cals today which put me at 1400cal man oh man. i did a little bit of squats just now like that will really help lol.

i too feel ignored and feel no one reads my post. i read everyones post shoot i started the thread. but sometimes it do get overwelming, sorry if i ignored any post here it is not my intent.

suepeeps thank you so much that was well said and i forgive myself because normally i would have an appitiezer a margarita main course and dessert. i only had a dish which was under 500cal. but i had pinkberry 4 ozs with some toppings and than the macho taco. you are right tomorrow is another day.

but man i saved money becaue my pinkberry the first time was 1.50 and the second time 1.19 im proud of myself for that oh and i got diarria tmi lol

What is pink berry?

I havn't posted for awhile, but here I am tonight: I am doing great, or was until I came home from being gone all day ( trying to do my internship hours for a class I took) and was really hungry. Heated up a chicken thighs I had cooked and ate fine yesterday. Well I think I ate too fast, and maybe too much 1 thigh and a bite from the other; and got that intense full feeling. A hour later it all came up. First time since surgery that I've done that. Just saw my md on Friday and got to tell him no I never vomitted ever. Guess that shows me. Now just an intense headache. This may be a rough week. I was going to try to do 4 days of internship. I havn't worked since March 15th because of back surgery and still need knee surgery on both knees. How do you get back on track eating after?

Whenever I feel I am overeating or eating too fast, I make it a habit my next meal to chew, chew, chew. NO Water with meals. I still throw up on occassion when I eat to fast. Every day is a new start so just follow your Dr.s guidelines and you will do great.

Ive never thrown up but did try an inch if beef short rib yesterday and ooooh boy! Smh. It was very tender so I thought itd b ok but I still obviously didnt chew well enough cuz it still (12 hours later) feels like sumn stuck in my throat/chest :-(

I read evetyones posts i just dont comment much .... i too have cheated and found a dangerous slider food. I have found i can eat more than half a bag of popcorn in a sitting...im sitting there thinking wtf! Then i realized it mushes down to nothing so takes up no room...need to b more careful lol

I also havent worked out at all which is prob y i am only down 28 since surgery...no regrets tho as i am down 52 total. I find i lose about two pounds a week now...would love it to be more. Also eat about 1000 to 1200 cals a day and can eat everything.:-)

I read evetyones posts i just dont comment much .... i too have cheated and found a dangerous slider food. I have found i can eat more than half a bag of popcorn in a sitting...im sitting there thinking wtf! Then i realized it mushes down to nothing so takes up no room...need to b more careful lol

I also havent worked out at all which is prob y i am only down 28 since surgery...no regrets tho as i am down 52 total. I find i lose about two pounds a week now...would love it to be more. Also eat about 1000 to 1200 cals a day and can eat everything.:-)

POPCORN, yummy. I ate close to a whole bag myself!! I do not buy it anymore AT all. It was soo good and went down like air. Very dangerous for me too.

Why is is so hard to re-train ourselves to eat slow and chew well? Geez! This is harder than I thought it would be. I was starving so went to Arby's and got a Beef n Cheddar. Came home and took off the top bun and cut the bottom of the sandwich in half. Ate half of it and was immediately at the trash can. Sigh.

The popcorn pop it and Get one cup out and dump the rest in the trash that's what I have to do. ;)

I'm kind of unsure how many Cals I'm supposed to eat at 7 weeks. Any input on that lady's ? I am down 32 from my highest weight :) 22 from surgery.

9/26/12 sleeved