Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

Can you have a scrambled egg? They are OK on my pureed diet list. I make one (don't overcook) and chop it up really well.

I can have eggs butbi don't like the taste of whites or beaters and I have tried them with salsa cheese and other stuff but they all leave a nausea feeling. Don't want it. And I used to love omelette

I use a regular, whole egg.

Four weeks out now and was cleared for soft foods. Yeah no more puréed foods. I cooked a pork roast with apples in the crock pot. Was very good. Ate about 2 oz of it with 1 tbls of mashed potatoes. Last night for dinner I had my first egg since surgery. Scrambled it with 1/4 cup turkey sausage crumbles and 1/2 oz of cheese. Was the best thing I've had since surgery. Nice to get things with some flavor.

Today is 1 month since surgery and I gained another pound grrr. My stomach was flattening and now it's round again, so frustrated. I'm happy for everyone else that is losing weight.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I am 5 weeks out!!! Honestly I wonder on some days if my surgery was even done! I seem to have an Iron sleeve! I have not had an issue with any food yet. Too scared to try salad but other then that it is trial and error so I try almost everything! They were steak fajitas by the way! :)

Today is 1 month since surgery and I gained another pound grrr. My stomach was flattening and now it's round again, so frustrated. I'm happy for everyone else that is losing weight.

Check your Protein levels...how much are you getting each day? AND your Fluid....almost more important than the Protein. Also, and not to share too much tmi....could it be your TOM? And it could just be that something you ate, just did not sit well inside of you and caused you to bloat. Water, Water, water. Try to not eat too many processed things. Just because you don't know exactly what is in it unless you cook it yourself. I'm just trying to give you different ideas to help. May just be something with you. You may still be bloated from surgery. I am also 4 weeks out from surgery and there are days I feel more "puffed" out than usual. Honestly for me, those are days when I haven't had enough water. And my body is holding on to what it has and not giving it up.

Hang in there:)

I had a little teriyaki chicken today...2 TBS, and about the same amount of rice. Then I went to the bathroom and threw 90% of it all up. Bright side: apparently I am chewing my food really well. Downside: my stomach is sore now, and I'm afraid to eat anything else. Not that I'm even remotely hungry.

Think I'll just drink some juice or something. Maybe some saltines later.

something you ladies may enjoy!!

Beef Stroganoff:

cooking spray,2 cloves garlic,1lb lean eye round cut into small cubes,1 6oz Tomato sauce,1/2 c dry red wine,1c fresh mushrooms,1 bay leaf, fat free sour cream

coat pan w/ cooking spray and saute garlic until soft then add meat and brown while stirring

add tomato sauce,wine,mushrooms and bay. bring heat down to a simmer, covered and cook for an hour

remove from heat and add sour cream, salt and pepper to taste

228 cals

30g Protein

3.64g fat

10g carbs

.98 Fiber

one month out and my nut has ask me to try regular foods. she also suggested a book with great recipes "Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery" this book breaks down all the nutrition facts and how you should prepare and eat depending on what type of surgery and how many weeks out you are.

hope all of you are doing well. my stall broke on my 4 week sleeveversary and im back at it. :)

I have been trying to get my Water in but I can't. I finally decided to go to the ER. I'm sitting here now getting fluids while they run tests. My veins are flat from dehydration so it was a struggle to get the IV in and it hurt like hell.

I have been trying to get my Water in but I can't. I finally decided to go to the ER. I'm sitting here now getting fluids while they run tests. My veins are flat from dehydration so it was a struggle to get the IV in and it hurt like hell.

Oh no! How far out are you? How many ounces WERE you getting in? I am 4 weeks out this coming Monday and am still only getting 40 oz on a good day. Called my doc but they didn't seem concerned about drawing labs. So, I will see them on Wednesday and they will make a decision then I guess if they feel like I am dehydrated or not (even though I know I am!). Anyway, good luck and keep us posted.

My surgery was 1 month ago today, I drink 4-5 cups of Water a day. I've called the surgeons office a couple times about my dizziness and my legs aching so bad at night that I couldn't sleep. I was told that I was probably dehydrated and to drink more Water. I drink as much as I can but still getting worse so I decided to come to the ER.

I had my surgery on September 25 and have had little to no problems, except for being tired and trying to figure out if I'm actually hungry or if its my brain! The hardest part is not drinking while eating and getting enough water! I'm just wanting to move on from puréed diet to normal food. I am happy to say I've lost 24 lbs so far and it has helped my knees and sleep app enough that I am able to sleep in my bed again without waking hubby with my snoring! All of you keep up the good work ! For once. There is a light at the end of my dieting tunnel!

My surgery was 1 month ago today' date=' I drink 4-5 cups of Water a day. I've called the surgeons office a couple times about my dizziness and my legs aching so bad at night that I couldn't sleep. I was told that I was probably dehydrated and to drink more Water. I drink as much as I can but still getting worse so I decided to come to the ER.

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

I experienced the same thing a week after but now I can nearly gulp water down - it actually taste good to me again - I stayed in over night & was pumped full of fluids, you will feel better afterwards...

Hi Everyone!

So it has definitely been a while since the last time I shared. I am 26 days out... 4 weeks to be exact on Monday. A week prior to surgery I weighed 245 lbs., the day of surgery I weighed 234 lbs and as of last Monday I weighed 219 lbs. I am 15 lbs. lighter since surgery and wildly confused about my latest eating experiences.

For the first two weeks, I was basically on all fluids, Soups, Protein shakes, sf popsicles and Water was not well tolerated at all.

After my two week follow-up appmt with the surgeon and the NUT I was cleared to eat "pureed" foods. I was given the green light on lots of different types of food, except rice, bread, Pasta, and other "carbs" that my NUT didn't think would help my supposed "high Protein diet" that included Beans, oatmeal, Cereal, cooked carrots, corn and potatoes. Also, she said no to creamed Soups, because they have too many preservatives or additives.

I tried to be good and so far I've been cooking almost every night pretty healthy meals including baked skinless chicken with veggies including carrots and corn (lol), baked salmon with veggies, ground beef with red, green peppers, small pieces of potatoes, onions, sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese, parmesan crusted- pan seared salmon fillet and veggies and soups including creamed soups. For fluids, I am still having the "stuck" feeling with Water and yet sf popsicles are super easy to eat and my personal favorite drink green tea with unsweetened lemonade and two splendas goes down super easy as well.

Plus, since I commute to New York City for work Monday through Friday, I walk about 30 minutes at day at a fast pace (in other words, that is my exercise)...Lol

Soooo, for the most part I stay on track not eating those "no no foods" however, lately it seems like I've been more relaxed with the rules and I've eaten everything from popcorn (at the movie theatres), to an 8oz slurpee, and a few Oreos (without the cream). I've taken bites of some junk food here and there, though I steer clear of bread, rice and Pasta no matter how much I want to chomp down on them....and finding accompaniments for meat and fish has become a creative process. Lol. Sort to say.

So with all this said, I am pretty worried, because many times I have been able to eat everything that I wanted at pretty high portions like 6oz of meat or fish and 3 or 4 oz of veggies even though it takes me a few hours to finish, but I get it down.

Lately I've been asking myself if I'm even sleeved?? Geez! I'm almost sure I am. Lol, but I am so scared to gain weight, I have gone through the weight loss/ weight gain thing wayy too many times and I should be sure that since I'm sleeved I will go down, but I am not 100% confident. Is it possible to dialate my tummy already???...

Our sleeve is a tool, I just hope I'm using it the right way.

I'm sure that I don't even get half of the liquids that I am supposed to be drinking, TMI ALERT: my pee is way dark and definitely no enough at all times due to my lack of liquid in take, but I'm sure eating.

My goal is to be 160-165 lbs. much sooner than later. I hope it happens.

Good luck to all of you out there, reading your posts helps me immensely. I wish all of you that are having serious complications and financial issues blessings and that all gets better soon. I'm having financial issues too. But it will get better! ...and to all of you that are doing good/great keep it up! =)