Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

Kaiser sent mine in Sept 6th the day of surgery. They admitted today that they started processing it on the 1st but haven't completed it yet! WHAT THE HECK? So ridiculous!!! She laughed when I told her today I am already back at work! They feel bad too. At least some of them do. Getting someone in the phone is hard enough!

ready im so broke right now. its really bothering me because i have to get food and stuff gas for my car so i am hurting right now my dad has helped me so much i cant ask him for more money my sis has really been there for me and i cant ask her i dont like asking anyon for anything. but i might have to

i spoke to kaiser and the guy was nice enough to fax my paperwork to sacramento today he said they will process in a few days. i pray they do this really sucks.

nellie i get that feeling they didnt send my paperwork off. the man told me today that he faxed it directly to sacramento today. somelthing is not right it shouldnt take this long i can understand the two weeks but longer than that and i dont even have my name in the system. that sucks

NG, sorry I haven't called yet, I've been having a hard time as I know we all have.

I finally paid rent today and thankfully my manager was nice and waived the $100 late fee since she knew I had surgery.

So frustrated that I can't enjoy food anymore, it's now a chore to eat. I'm still dizzy and sore from being dehydrated and now I'm sick. Plus this week has been emotional for me since Saturday is the 20 year anniversary of my dads death. I know people think I should be over it since its been so long but it bothers me that he's been gone longer than I had him in my life, and now I can't even eat the pain away.

The scale hasn't moved lately and I'm disappointed with my weight loss, I'm losing slower than a lot of people on here and I've got 100 pounds more to lose than anyone I've seen on here, I would think with soooo much to lose it would come off a little faster.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

NG, sorry I haven't called yet, I've been having a hard time as I know we all have.

I finally paid rent today and thankfully my manager was nice and waived the $100 late fee since she knew I had surgery.

So frustrated that I can't enjoy food anymore, it's now a chore to eat. I'm still dizzy and sore from being dehydrated and now I'm sick. Plus this week has been emotional for me since Saturday is the 20 year anniversary of my dads death. I know people think I should be over it since its been so long but it bothers me that he's been gone longer than I had him in my life, and now I can't even eat the pain away.

The scale hasn't moved lately and I'm disappointed with my weight loss, I'm losing slower than a lot of people on here and I've got 100 pounds more to lose than anyone I've seen on here, I would think with soooo much to lose it would come off a little faster.

Sorry for your loss of your Dad. Sometimes that still gets harder as time goes on cause you really realize not just how much you miss them, but how much they've missed. It's good to know that we will be able to see them again someday.

As for your weightloss, or slow weight loss, I honestly think you're not losing as much because you aren't getting enough Fluid in. My doc told me while I was still in the hospital that the fluid was way more important than the Protein. Lower protein wasn't going to kill me, but lack of fluid would. Get that Water, shakes, Soups, whatever liquid you can in....IN! You will feel much better when you do. And the weight loss will pick up. And more than a 100 pounds to lose? Oh honey, you're NOT the only one. I'm right there with you girl:)

Went to see my NUT yesterday. Not the original lady, but a different one....liked this one better. The other was kinda cranky. At any rate, apparently I'm not getting enough carbohydrates in. Okay, give me a freaking break! Kind of hard to get in carbs when you're eating pureed stuff. Then she pulls out the booklet that they gave me (her copy) and was going over the sample menus in it (like I'm an idiot and can't read) and starts adding up the carbs in the menus.....HA! Hardly any there either. So I'm not the idiot she thought I was. I'm sitting there thinking how in the world do you expect me in the last couple of weeks to get in between 90-120 carbohydrates EVERY DAY? I don't know how to do that NOW. Now that I'm on the "forever" diet with no more restrictions. Are you kidding me? I've still got the Atkins, low carb way of eating, rolling around in my brain. And now the NUT wants me to eat that many carbs every day? I'm freaking out. I'm worried that my blood glucose will just go crazy. I'm worried that I will gain weight. And I've been focusing on Protein and Fluid, and now I have to count carbs too. Oh joy.

Seriously, may have to take this carb thing slowly. I'm skeptical. I was before I even started this wls stuff. That is alot of carbs when you're used to eating hardly any. I told the NUT that I was eating about 20 per day before the surgery. She just about had a heart attack. I'm thinking: "Hey, genius, you guys are the ones who told me to do this so that it would shrink my liver for the surgery!" Carbs have always been the enemy. And it's not like with the new "tiny tum" I can eat 90 carbs of veggies. Not in one day. Maybe in a week. Gonna have to think about this.

Any thoughts from the rest of you on this topic?

ready im so broke right now. its really bothering me because i have to get food and stuff gas for my car so i am hurting right now my dad has helped me so much i cant ask him for more money my sis has really been there for me and i cant ask her i dont like asking anyon for anything. but i might have to

i spoke to kaiser and the guy was nice enough to fax my paperwork to sacramento today he said they will process in a few days. i pray they do this really sucks.

Trust me ik the feeling - I pray you get it in a few days...

Went to see my NUT yesterday. Not the original lady' date=' but a different one....liked this one better. The other was kinda cranky. At any rate, apparently I'm not getting enough carbohydrates in. Okay, give me a freaking break! Kind of hard to get in carbs when you're eating pureed stuff. Then she pulls out the booklet that they gave me (her copy) and was going over the sample menus in it (like I'm an idiot and can't read) and starts adding up the carbs in the menus.....HA! Hardly any there either. So I'm not the idiot she thought I was. I'm sitting there thinking how in the world do you expect me in the last couple of weeks to get in between 90-120 carbohydrates EVERY DAY? I don't know how to do that NOW. Now that I'm on the "forever" diet with no more restrictions. Are you kidding me? I've still got the Atkins, low carb way of eating, rolling around in my brain. And now the NUT wants me to eat that many carbs every day? I'm freaking out. I'm worried that my blood glucose will just go crazy. I'm worried that I will gain weight. And I've been focusing on Protein and Fluid, and now I have to count carbs too. Oh joy.

Seriously, may have to take this carb thing slowly. I'm skeptical. I was before I even started this wls stuff. That is alot of carbs when you're used to eating hardly any. I told the NUT that I was eating about 20 per day before the surgery. She just about had a heart attack. I'm thinking: "Hey, genius, you guys are the ones who told me to do this so that it would shrink my liver for the surgery!" Carbs have always been the enemy. And it's not like with the new "tiny tum" I can eat 90 carbs of veggies. Not in one day. Maybe in a week. Gonna have to think about this.

Any thoughts from the rest of you on this topic?[/quote']

I was also told carbs are not the enemy - I think we are all stuck on all these rules & really it comes down to whatever works for you... As long as the lbs are still coming off then something is being done right...

Although I have my days I haven't been worried so much about carbs anymore, I try to get my Water & liquids in & try to eat Protein then drink shakes - I'm sick of shakes, seems like in the last week & 1/2 I've waisted my $$ on shakes that end up tasting not good to me...

You'll be fine, just start eating what you can & do the best you can & do what works for you...

Update on my story.. I was doing really well up until friday night.. Started feeling very weak.. Started with diarrhea Saturday continued until Sunday which by then I ended up in hospital... I was dehydrated' date=' potassium and magnesium levels low, low BP, a lot of acid, burning sensation and pain... Been in hospital since then... Drs were concerned bc i lost 30lbs in 10 days.. is this normal? Going home today and need advice.. How does everyone keep hydrated. My surgery was in Mexico so I was wondering What Vitamins are suppose to be taken? Feeling a bit discouraged but not giving up.. Any advice? Thank u in advance

Janie (sent from my iPhone using VST)[/quote']

Hey im also a Mexico surgery. Sounds like ya lost a serious amount of Water weight there. Ask your general doctor to follow your lab work that's what I did. That's how I found out I was a little anemic. My daily supplements are: Gummy Multivitamins, Calcium chew, chewable Iron with vit C, sublingual B12, hair/skin/nails Vitamins, and pepcid complete chewables.< /p>

I am also having hard time getting my fluids in these past few days. Can only eat 1-2 bites of any food I have tried. Just ate 3 bites of chicken breast and chewed it like crazy.....super miserable right now. And I am still burping like a frat boy at a keg party! Three weeks and 2 days post-op and have lost 11 lbs since surgery. I hope this eating thing gets better cause I am miserable' date=' my program doesn't want us to drink any Protein shakes at this stage....they want us to eat 3 times a day soft Protein foods. I am only able to eat 1-2 times a day. I am sure if I could up my calorie intake I would feel better and lose more weight. Figured I am averaging about 300 cal/day.

Hope all our you are doing well. Hope the ones waiting for their disability money to come through get good news quickly![/quote']

300?? Way too few cals! What did they say when u told them that? I would think they would make am exception on the shakes until u can physically eat more. I'm averaging about 800 cals a day and have noticed a huge spike in my energy levels. Take care of yourself! As we learned from another sleeve sister here the doctors aren't always right!

Momofthings1-3 - I'm in my 2nd week of "mushy" foods and my carbs vary from 30ish/day to the highest which was a whopping 65 one day (who knew BBQ Sauce had so many carbs?!?). Typically, I'm in the 25-40 range. I'm averaging about 480 calories/day - and no clue how I could get much more in than that at this point.

Right now, I'm focusing on Protein and fluids. The rest will take care of itself I hope.......

I haven't weighed since my 1st post-op which was on 9/18 (my scale at home isn't very accurate and I don't want to get bummed). From my 1st ever appointment to my first pre-op, I lost 18 pounds. No clue how much I've lost since. My next post-op is on 10/18. I KNOW I've lost more because of the way my face looks and the way some of my clothes fit - but still have a big, poofy tummy that is really bugging me - just not seeing it shrink like I think it should.

Feeling a bit bummed that I'm not seeing the loss more than I am. I'm drinking 60 oz daily, getting at least 60 grams of Protein and walking (though probably not enough - especially this week since I have a cold).

Hopefully I'll start to see results in my tummy soon........

I wonder if I am not eating the right things. I am on purée mushy foods. I am reading how people are eating BBQ deli meat etc. I am eating cottage cheese Protein Shakes Soups maybe oatmeal. I am getting in about 300/400 cal a day I get my fluids and walk everyday bout 3-4 miles per day. I was having a problem with Constipation but not now. I don't weigh myself. I was sleeved kn 19th September. I am hungry(I think ) how are you guys coking this food you are eating during the purée. Soft mushy stage. Almost to my more solid food stage and a little worried about moving forward.

mdm. hang in there sleeve sister. it will get better it has to. have you called the nuts for support. and you might be at the 3 week stall i hear a lot of ppl go throgh that. i have my days also i seem to think the weight will just come off but i know deep down i have to work also. you should really try to get down here for at least one support group its uplifting and helpful at least one. hang in there andpray and call me so we can get through this ok. and its ok to mourn but also turn it over to god just let go and let god.

momof all i can do is laugh wow im so tired of all these mixed instructions and rules.

im suppose to get in 1200 cal aday how in the heck will i do that with soft foods. i average 600-800 a day i get in over 100g of protien. and under100g of carbs. i hate having to think before i eat funny

hey guys looks like everyone is doing awesome. i feel much better today i spoke to the nut and she said it will happen oftern what i was feeling. i know it was the banana and Peanut Butter yuk.

i cooked talapia today lets see how that taste had to give my salmon to the dog gross man.

today is my first day back to work im so excited and scared at the same time i packed all my foods for today lets see how the day turns out

still waiting on the state for money grrrrrrrrrrrr that sucks thats why i have to hurry back to work i need a paycheck lol

How long were you off ?

Hi! Congrats all! I'm almost three weeks out sept 25 was the day :) dealing with a ton of head hunger because I'm on liquid for a month - that part is kinda crapy but we suck it up right lol. Anyways no pain no nausea no issues at all! Praise god! I'm just hungry ( in my head) . I have a great supportive system so it's been An easy transition. I'm very ready to graduate up! Down from 244 per op to 233 day of surgery and now 223. Lost nothing week 2, a lil freaked but trying to focus on positives . Good luck everyone