Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

Hi all, I was sleeved on 27th and as of th10th down 20 lbs...however...hospitalized on Thursday night for a leak so with all the fluids and picc line I feel like I'm up 20 lbs. this really sucks! I'm glad so many are doing great though and look forward to some support someday when I am able to put something in my mouth again! LOL!

Hi all' date=' I was sleeved on 27th and as of th10th down 20 lbs...however...hospitalized on Thursday night for a leak so with all the fluids and picc line I feel like I'm up 20 lbs. this really sucks! I'm glad so many are doing great though and look forward to some support someday when I am able to put something in my mouth again! LOL![/quote']

Oh my will say lots of prayers for you!! How did they realize you had a leak?

rybecca20

I was told on Wednesday at my post op that was I wasn't getting enough fluids so on Thursday I was trying to drink as much Water as I could and it keep giving me the chills so I checked my temp and noticed a mild temp that went from 101.2-102.8 in 30 minutes. Called Dr and he told me to come back to the clinic. They hooked me up to more IV thinking it was dehydration but during the entire time my heart rate stayed 114-116 which is ultimately why he admitted me. A CATSCAN revealed a small leak at the top. They are hoping it will heal on its own so I can't have any food or drinks, I just hope it doesn't take as long as what I have been reading online!

rybecca20

I was told on Wednesday at my post op that was I wasn't getting enough fluids so on Thursday I was trying to drink as much Water as I could and it keep giving me the chills so I checked my temp and noticed a mild temp that went from 101.2-102.8 in 30 minutes. Called Dr and he told me to come back to the clinic. They hooked me up to more IV thinking it was dehydration but during the entire time my heart rate stayed 114-116 which is ultimately why he admitted me. A CATSCAN revealed a small leak at the top. They are hoping it will heal on its own so I can't have any food or drinks' date=' I just hope it doesn't take as long as what I have been reading online![/quote']

Awwwww that is so scary. Will they leave you in the hospital the whole time? Do they estimate how long?

k9 sorry you are going through this. do you think you drank to much Water at one time and it opened up the stich line

i want some cheetos

No idea yet...they are doing another catscan on M or T so hopefully will kno more by them.

I have no idea why it happened, it may have been there all along and it just wasn't bothering me until I started really pushing the Water? ??

Hopefully you will heal quickly and all will be well. With a bit of luck and care they may not need to go back in and add a staple. But if they do, at least you know it will be closed. Hang in there!

It's my hunny's birthday....and I have to go bake a cake. So weird. Won't even be able to eat a piece of it. Totally awesome. A couple bites will do me!!!

i want some cheetos

haha i wont lie as bad as it sounds i had some baked cheetos..they are the devil and go down WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to easily. I had a bunch before i realized it so i threw the bag away and wont buy them again lol I wish i didnt have an Iron sleeve with no difficulties. I still have the restriction in the amount of food i can eat but no issues eating anything so far.

Hopefully you will heal quickly and all will be well. With a bit of luck and care they may not need to go back in and add a staple. But if they do, at least you know it will be closed. Hang in there!

It's my hunny's birthday....and I have to go bake a cake. So weird. Won't even be able to eat a piece of it. Totally awesome. A couple bites will do me!!!

It was my twin daughters' birthday party this past weekend and the first year ever to not have a piece of birthday cake and ice cream. Kinda sad, really. I waited until I got home to take TWO bites of cake (without frosting) but then ended up eating a small ball of fondant as well. I am so totally worried about "dumping" so didn't want to risk it at the party. But nothing happened. And it just tasted OK to me. Not great like usual. So that was Saturday. Last night I took two more bites and had a bit of frosting and no harm done. It is a weird life though.

Yippee! I made it to my 4 week surgiversary! Hard to believe that 4 weeks ago right now I was lying in that pre-op bed waiting for my i.v. to be started. It has been one hell of a rough month to say the least. I finally feel like I am on the road to getting back to my normal self although still having episodes of shakiness (like right now), puking, and acid reflux. Saturday was probably my best day thus far. Hosted my twin daughters' bday party, my other daughter had a sleepover, and TMI warning: had sex again for the first time! The hubby says that skinny sex is better! Ha! Ha! I go for my one month post-op on Wednesday and then I think I am cleared for solids. I am ready but not so much. I am so bored with my mushies but scared of the unknown. Supposed to go camping with family and friends this weekend but still on the fence about that one because I am not sure I am ready to be around all the yummy camp food, s'mores, and beer. Any tips for me on camp friendly food for sleevers? OK, need to get going with my day now. I get to go pick up my new set of SMALLER scrubs for work as I am returning to my first shift at work (ER nurse) on the 27th. My 3X scrub top is too big now. Yay!

CAMPING, yes!! We are also planning a camping trip soon. Packet oatmeal, dutch oven cooking...anything (not like you're gonna eat alot anyway). A cooler with ice to hold cheese sticks, and fruit cups and cottage cheese with dressing. That should get you by. You can do eggs. I am also just slightly over a month out and I had scrambled eggs with like 2 strips of bacon the other day. Everything is better with bacon. But not cooked too hard or too soft. It was de-lish! Of course all these things you can cook in your dutch oven. Blueberry pancakes. You can even add a scoop of vanilla or non-flavored Protein Powder to the pancake mix and you get that extra Protein punch. Canned Soup, like the no add Water chunky kind.

Coming up with all these ideas is making ME want to go camping sooner. Make sure you have something comfy to sleep on. I still have issues sleeping. I sleep all twisted and so I get myself into a bit of pain sometimes.

haha i wont lie as bad as it sounds i had some baked cheetos..they are the devil and go down WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to easily. I had a bunch before i realized it so i threw the bag away and wont buy them again lol I wish i didnt have an Iron sleeve with no difficulties. I still have the restriction in the amount of food i can eat but no issues eating anything so far.

Hey girl... This may sounds crazy... But go to he baby food section of the store and try the Gerbers Mild Cheddar Graduates Crunchies. 35 calories for 18 pieces of it and it totally satisfies the craving. It's like Cheetos for babies. hope this helps!!

not much to say right now. feeling a little overwhelmed and down i need my money. i get paid from myjob wednesday but its not enough grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr