Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

through my state. it sucks im already at work and still no check im frustrated

Oh ok, I see - yours thru the state - wow I hope that comes thru soon... Mine is specifically thru my insurance.... Have they said whats take'n so long??

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I get short term disability but it is only above what they estimate state to give me.... I am still not in the Ca disability system! Tomorrow will be 5 weeks! Did you check with Kaiser? What did disability say? I am getting really frustrated!!!!!!! My check was 995 short today expecting the disability to come through!!!!!

What is everyone eating that is high in Protein? The shakes are the easiest way to get all the protein we need but I can't stand the taste anymore. I am forcing turkey chili down now since its 23 grams protein for 1 cup. So tired of eating!

What is everyone eating that is high in Protein? The shakes are the easiest way to get all the protein we need but I can't stand the taste anymore. I am forcing turkey chili down now since its 23 grams protein for 1 cup. So tired of eating!

Haha! I just tried Vegetarian Chili for the first time. But I am not supposed to have tomatoes yet or peppers so I tried to just pick the Beans out. 1 cup is 11gm protein but I couldn't even do 1/2 cup. I also could not finish 1/4 cup of yogurt. Too full from my Water. I am really pushing my liquids more and more each day since I have been feeling dehydrated. Think I am doing pretty good. 36oz down by 1:30pm. Gee, only 28oz to go....puke....

Yesterday I had a string cheese stick and it tasted good. Also, lots and lots of cottage cheese (A little Breakstone's 4oz container has 10gm protein in it. Haven't been brave enough yet to give greek yogurt another whirl yet.

There are some clear Protein Drinks you can buy at places like GNC or Vitamin Shoppe. Come in ready-to-drink bottles. Look at Isopure (40 gr Protein/20 oz bottle) or CytoSport whey isolate (32 gr Protein/17 oz). I think they have a very strong taste (not unpleasant, just strong). I'll take a bottle of the Protein Drink and pout 1/2 into an empty bottle. Fill both bottles with a flavored water (SoBe, Propel, Water w/ something like Crystal Light). Sip on these throughout the day.

ready they say they have a new system and they are back logged my paperwork was mailed on aug 17 really

nellie no one can tell me anything. this is ridiculas they take our money every month but takes forever to get it

mdm how have you been girlie. im tired of the shakes myself. i eat cottege cheese greek yogart and fish.

well i tried wendys chili last night and it went well. the only problem is i could get more than 1/2 cup in but i stopped after a litle over a half. ate the other half for Breakfast. i need more calories and my nut said chili is ok. i chewed it very very very well.

its 4 weeks today wow. ive lost 17lbs

I called today and they said they have my paperwork and that all Should be approved by Friday... And to call back them. We shall see!

Isopure makes me sick and I don't like fish so I've been eating mostly string cheese, cottage cheese and some chicken but the chicken still gets stuck. I can't get all my Fluid in so I'm dehydrated. I really want to be able to eat again but most of all drink a diet coke with my meal. I can't believe I signed up for this but I didn't really have any other choice.

I hope you are all doing well, it seems like everyone is learning to adjust to their new lives.

Isopure makes me sick and I don't like fish so I've been eating mostly string cheese' date=' cottage cheese and some chicken but the chicken still gets stuck. I can't get all my Fluid in so I'm dehydrated. I really want to be able to eat again but most of all drink a diet coke with my meal. I can't believe I signed up for this but I didn't really have any other choice.

I hope you are all doing well, it seems like everyone is learning to adjust to their new lives.[/quote']

It's goin to be ok, we've all had those moments - I just ate an original Chickfila sandwich minus the bread & I'm so thirsty right now I could almost die seems like - I don't like the idea of not be'n able to eat & drink @ the same time - ik someone people who do anyway but anyway - hang in there girl-ik how you feel..

I am also having hard time getting my fluids in these past few days. Can only eat 1-2 bites of any food I have tried. Just ate 3 bites of chicken breast and chewed it like crazy.....super miserable right now. And I am still burping like a frat boy at a keg party! Three weeks and 2 days post-op and have lost 11 lbs since surgery. I hope this eating thing gets better cause I am miserable, my program doesn't want us to drink any Protein Shakes at this stage....they want us to eat 3 times a day soft Protein foods. I am only able to eat 1-2 times a day. I am sure if I could up my calorie intake I would feel better and lose more weight. Figured I am averaging about 300 cal/day.

Hope all our you are doing well. Hope the ones waiting for their disability money to come through get good news quickly!

I am also having hard time getting my fluids in these past few days. Can only eat 1-2 bites of any food I have tried. Just ate 3 bites of chicken breast and chewed it like crazy.....super miserable right now. And I am still burping like a frat boy at a keg party! Three weeks and 2 days post-op and have lost 11 lbs since surgery. I hope this eating thing gets better cause I am miserable' date=' my program doesn't want us to drink any Protein Shakes at this stage....they want us to eat 3 times a day soft Protein foods. I am only able to eat 1-2 times a day. I am sure if I could up my calorie intake I would feel better and lose more weight. Figured I am averaging about 300 cal/day.

Hope all our you are doing well. Hope the ones waiting for their disability money to come through get good news quickly![/quote']

I am having a hard time eating chicken as well. I am staying away from it for the next 2 weeks. A friend suggested that when I'm ready for chicken to try thighs as the breast was too rough, dryer than the thigh or leg.

Hope you get your disability check soon.

nellie at least you got that they wont tell me anything, when was yours sent out again

mdm you need to call me ive been worried about you. i left my number for you

bukki im sorry you are not feeling this. each program is so differant kaiser makes us drink to protien drinks a day since surgery. try some bars

scared and bukki i cant do chicken anymore it taste spoiled to me also eggs. im going to try again this week also eggs.

i need my money i wont get paycheck till next week and the most of that goes to rent that is past due i need money to buy my food, luckly at work they feed us for free and we get fresh Soup daily so i might have to depend on that for awhile.

today im ok felt sick at work after my lunch but it passed. at least im not starving anymore.

scared and bukki i cant do chicken anymore it taste spoiled to me also eggs. im going to try again this week also eggs.

i need my money i wont get paycheck till next week and the most of that goes to rent that is past due i need money to buy my food' date=' luckly at work they feed us for free and we get fresh Soup daily so i might have to depend on that for awhile.

today im ok felt sick at work after my lunch but it passed. at least im not starving anymore.[/quote']

I will be praying you get your $$ soon - ik how that past due rent goes, b/c the insurance starts a few days after I had the surgery my 1st check I got 2 weeks ago was short, today was a full one so I also had to play catch up on rent ahich included late fees which I hated to have to pay... Seems like any time you have to deal w/ the any state on anything they seem to drag they feet... I hope it comes thru for you this week... I'm no where near rich so & I'm a single mom so ik all about struggle all to well...

@NG I think I might have that same issue w/ chicken as well - the eggs I do fine hard boiled & soft scrambled but the other day I fixes a taco bake w/ ground beef, cheese & etc which was so good & it went down fine & didn't feel sick.. Yesterday cooked chicken quesadillas b/c my daughter wanted them & I ate one triangle size piece & although it went down ok, after my tummy didn't feel so good but I wasn't just sick & didn't throw up or anything & then today I had Chickfila an original sandwich minus the bread & pickle - I ate almost the whole thing & again I felt even more bad - still feel weak in the stomach as I lay here... So I don't think I'll be eating chicken for a while either & I loved chicken before... Oh I swear some days I feel defeated & then other days I feel I can take on the whole world - lol... I'm looking forward to be'n 6months out & looking back & being like thank God I made it thru...