Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did any one have to have open surgery due to messing up bad during the pre-op stage?

Did any one have to have open surgery due to messing up bad during the pre-op stage?

Come on, Goldie! Don't even consider needing an open procedure, too much pain. Just do it, you can do it!

I didn't have a pre op diet, doctor wanted me to lose 10lbs during 3months with NUT, but i was able to eat normal food up until 6pm the day before surgery. I was told my stomach was larger than he anticapated so the whole my stomach came out of is maybe 1/2 in larger than he had planned. but no other problems.

I messed up during my diet we didn't get to this point from having great self control... I was terrified that they would cancel my surgery or it would be open. I got lucky try your best and when you mess up start over and try again!!!

My surgery is tuesday. I just have a few days left so I will try better.

You can do it!

My surgery is tuesday. I just have a few days left so I will try better.

If surgery is Tues, you only have 3 days left of this! You can do it!!

My surgery its on tuesday too. Im hungry all the time and fail my preop too. I hope everything will be ok.

You can do it! Stick to your pre-op plan. My surgery is thursday. My dr. has me on Optifast, but i can have Decaf coffee, crystal light, sugar free Jello, and sugar free Popsicles. It helps take the edge off. Good luck!

The point of the pre-op is to shrink your liver. If you can't stick to the pre-op you may want to re-consider having the surgery. It is a life changing event when it comes to your eating. Don't go into this expecting a miracle. You have to do a lot of work to make it happen. Good Luck to you.

. If you can't stick to the pre-op you may want to re-consider having the surgery. ou.

That's a crappy thing to say and there is always someone who says this when someone says they're having trouble. Geez.

Nobody loves the pre-op diet and everyone has moments where they feel like a failure.

I don't think it is a crappy thing to say! When my MD told me i needed to drink Protein Drinks 2 weeks prior to surgery, i thought to myself if i could do this i would't be here. I' m 2 weeks post op and was afraid of complications if I didn't adhere to my MD's advice. So far nothing about my journey has been easy but I know thing s will get better with time

I accidentally hit send in the midst of my thought. It's amazing what you can do if you put your mind into it! Just try yor best and if you slip get right back on! Best of luck ...you can do it!

I think that was a Jerky thing to say amazon! Obviously you never struggled with food? ?? If your so perfect why did you need the surgery. We all have messed up and this is a sight for support and information if your just gonna cut people down I would look for another place to hang out.

When I look back at my experiences, every "diet" I started failed, that's why I am overweight and using surgery to undo the damage. I was being proactive by begining 3 weeks out thinking I would Iron out the bumps ahead of time. I did the meals perfectly to the letter and lost 7lbs the first week. But week two is when it went down hill fast and hard, lol. I don't want anyone to think I have not been trying. This morning I gave myself a good kick and have been on point thus far today. It feels good to have others understand the experience.