Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Southern Illinois Sleevers?

I'm from southern Illinois, but I've just started the process. Still waiting on insurance. Have you had it done yet?

I am from Southern Illinois. I was wanting to have my surgery in Herrin but being self employed & no Ins. the private pay fee here is way more than I can afford so I am going Oct. 25 to Mexico to Dr.Lopez & Dr.Osana.

If all goes well it will be at Des Peres in St. Louis

My sister had her RNY in 2009 at SSM DePaul. It was a great place. I cant remember who her surgeon was off had but I went with her & was very happy with the place.

Im so excited to get this started but so nervous as well. Im worried that i might have too much scar tissue for them to perform this lap. Im hopeful though. I was could go to Herrin in town here but because i might be a more difficult case, i chose St Louis... had a co worker go there she loved it!

I'm close to you. I'm in Cape Girardeau MO. I've started the process with a doc in St Loius, and I really like him. But I would be self pay. My insurance is starting coverage next year, but only at the hospital I work at. I'm going to schedule an appt with the local doc, then make my decision.

Im going to be using herrin, il im too just getting. Started go to seminar on 9/24 nervous and excited to get this started... scared im gonna chicken out

Southern il here. Having mine done in Herrin il!!

Granite City?

Im from So IL, but I am having mine done in St.Louis at DesPere!! Dr. Scott is my dr. & he is great. I just went yesterday for pre op testing & nutrition class. Having it done on Sept 20! I have to say Im nervous & anxious!! Good Luck to all So. IL peeps having it done!! Keep updating on your progress!!

so glad to hear that! He seems to know what hes doing & seems to care about his patients!!