Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am not a good writer so the story would be short :)

I came to the hospital at 6:30 am and they put my IV and took my blood just in case I need the transfusion. I get the one Bracelet with patient into and anther one with blood information.

after my Dr. shows up he talk to my husband and with me and I was taken upstairs to the preop room. I meed the anesthesiologist there.they feel out some information gave me lovenox and I was taken to the operative room.

In the room they try to make me comfortable put my arms on the expended thing and put the oxygen mask on the month. After that I don't remember anything.

I wake up in the recovery room with terrible pain in my chest. I was trying to understand why their..... my belly doesn't hurt at all. but the pain between my ribs was ripping me up from inside. I also remember the nurse ask me to breath. a lot of times. probably I did't want to do it :) I was given the morphine to take my pain. don't remember anything there. after. my husband told me that I was in recovery room 2 hours. and after that when I finally woke up they took me to the floor room.

the whole Friday I was mostly sleepy. I know that I tried to make a round walk on the floor but after that I fall asleep for 1 or 2 . the chest pain from gas was bad really bad. after morphine I was able to sleep for 2 hours and wake up with pain again. I had non-narcotic pain killer every 6 hours and morphine every 4 but I didn't have a pump I need to ask nurse to do this. by 7:30 pm I was able to walk much more and after my husband left the hospital my schedule usually was sleep for 2 hours wake up at 11pm walk until midnight. they took my BP+ vitals and give me non narcotic pain killer and I sleep for another 2-3 hours and wake up at 3 walk for another 40 min again bp + vital and sleep for another 2 hours and walk around 6 for 30 min. I was tired and they game me another does of non narcotic med pain killer. after that I slept for 2 hours. forget to say. my mouth was dry but I didn't want to use beotine. I tried gas strips but it doesn't help me. every time I was walking I was burping a lot. I really don't care. I understand the more I burp the less pain in the chest. the next morning they took me for xray to check if there is a leak. Ok girls the staff you need to drink is TERRIBLE. after having nothing in your mouth for a day to taste this..... I had xray done and everything was fine so I was cleared to have liquid diet. they brought me a lot of things but I just ate 3 oz of chicken broth. and went to walk again. ( all personnel in the hospital trying to make me feel better they laugh about me walking saying that I am already started my marathoner :) and asking how many miles I need to walk to finish :))

so at my walk after the chicken broth i burps so many times that I feel nausea and start vomiting. thank's God the restroom was right on my right in the hallway so I just seat on the floor next to the toilet and try to calm down. I was able to keep the chicken broth inside me but it was scared....

after that I get back to the room and lay down....I slept for 2 hours.... later the nurse said that I am good to go home and a t2:30 pm we already left the hospital. when we came home I was so tired that I slept for another 2 hours. no pain killer since 6 am in this morning. the gas pain is still present and I hate it. but I am trying to walk and burp. I was able to drink 3 oz of Water. 2 hours later 3 oz on Atkins shake. another 2 hours later 3 oz of Isopure ( I hate the taste but it goes down fine) and another 2 hours later I finish that small bottle of Isopure I think another 4-5 oz.

still burping a lot but now I am trying to walk before and burp and only after that drink.

I really hope that gas pain would go away soon.

about my incisions. I have 5: 1 below my chest where they hold the liver. and 4 in the row in the middle of abdomen. one is big and bruise. this is probably one they take the stomach out. I also have pictures of my old and new stomach :) I asked my surgeon and he did it for me :) will post it later then will be able to scan them.

So this is my experience so far. I hope someone would find it helpful

And one more thing. I always ask myself after the surgery is I have any regret. and the answer was NO. I know that all of this would be gone and pain would be forgotten.

So now I working on my intake liquid. and another things. because I am crazy scale girl. I step on the scale after the hospital and it shos me less then I was the morning of the surgery. so hopefully wne all swelling would go away I would see nice number change their.

Sounds like me except I had to stay an extra day bc of bleeding! I hope you continue to recover as easily. I still have the gas pain/bubbles when I drink. Just keep walking! :-)

Robyn

That gas pain is horrible. I also had lots of pain from the drainage tube (nurse said coz it lays across your liver). Ouch!

Keep walkin those marathons....good luck on your journey!

Congrates!!! that was a great post!

That gas pain is horrible. I also had lots of pain from the drainage tube (nurse said coz it lays across your liver). Ouch!

Keep walkin those marathons....good luck on your journey!

when I came for x-ray the lady asked me if I have a drainage tube and I said no i don't and she reply to me, then you are in good shape :) so I assume I have less pain then others.

Wow!! Interesting!

I can't believe he agreed to take a picture...That is cool! Thanks for sharing...

My surgeon gave me a DVD of my surgery :) its pretty neat!! Glad you're doing well!

Finally was able to scan my stomach picture.

Looks like u have a nice healthy liver ;)

I can't wait either! Thanks so much for sharing your story and scanning that pic, yo that's awesome! Get well soon! :-)

Thanks for the update. We had surgery the same day, around the same time, sounds like we're mostly going through the same things. Cheers to us getting skinny!!

Awesome! Look at your nice, clean liver!!