Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

I didn't make the Easter Challenge either. I lost 4.6 pounds. Better than nothing I suppose! :)

Jimboss I agree that moving stinks!! I just moved in January and I'm still not unpacked. Yikes! Good luck with everything!

Clue me in on how to fix the -uckin thing!!! Hope all had a Pleasent Easter.I no I did. Raynie I wear a 18 weight is 204. "some cloths it's a 16, but I'm not countin that yet. I'm goin by Jean size" So with Chic it's 18 w.p.

We B.B.Q.'d for Easter up north, and had family over Ribs, chicken, Steak, Smoked, and Fresh Kilbasa on the Grill. Smoked, and Fresh in Sourkrout. Whew!!Then potato salad, and macaroni salad. I felt ike I was cooking for the Army.It was nice untill some one had 2 much 2 drink,,, and,,, well they had to leave.It kinda put a damper on the whole thing. It pissed me off.. I cooked for 2 days to make every one happy. It won't happen again. If they bring the drunk, then they can turn around and take them selves back.

Our oldest dog 16yrs. we took him up, and he had a ball, he ran so much, and he ate so much it was un real. Turned out as they say it was his last hoora!!! He wore himself out, layed down in my family room, and in about 15 minutes his heart stopped, and we burried him in his trees that he loved. That was on Saturday.:think Other then all this b.s., we had a reel nice time. Hope your's was better then mine. Shirley...

Hello everyone..... Hope everyones Easter was swell!!

I just have to say this- MML is so good I gained a whole breast size! I am now a DDD!!!!!!!!! Sweet Jesus I didnt think it was true when I measured myself so I went out and tried em on- and they fit beautifully!

hehe

~Raynie!

Good Stuff!! Isn't it Raynie?

Hey everyone, I am having surgery on Monday! It will take 2-6 hrs, depending on what they find. I have a 70 % chance of NOt having Cancer! I did tell him if they have to do the big surgery where they take out the limp notes that they should just take the band too! They have to go all the way up to do that surgery. I don't want chemo with the band. I will let you know when I come home.

I am sad that I won't be getting my fill on 4/18 I think this one would have been the one that worked good. But will have to wait now. The 1st year the fills are free and I have only had two. By the time I get another I will ppy have to pay! LOL

Well I would like to see that all of you guys are losing when I get back. Soon it will be hot and nice out. And lets all feel really good this summer. Take care Mary

It is like I had surgery again.. I had my tonsils taken out on tuesday.. so on liquids for a couple days.. still unable to eat regular foods.. Popsicles..and water.. I have had reduced fat sea salt chips.. so I get thirsty to drink more water.. The scale has not moved.. so maybe it will now..

Roxy123.. my goal was about 175lbs.. I started at 289lbs.. and being 5'11 I thought that would be a good weight.. I have not thought about less than that.. a size 10/12 Wow.. I would love that.. but I am not sure how I would look like..

I saw a picture of me from this past Christmas and then a picture of me at Easter..and there was a big difference. I need to find a picture of me before surgery and compare..

Mary I hope everything goes OK for you on Monday. You will be in my thoughts. Please let us know how you're doing when you feel up to it!!

hi friends!

Hope everyone had a good week!

Shirley sorry to hear about your dog!

Mary my thoughts are with you on your surgery!

Christine - how much does a tonsl weigh? having them out has to be at least a pound or two right? :)

raynie - holy schmoley! I must be drinking the wrong kinda protein! i keep thinking oh well when the girls finally go away with weightloss Ill just stick to the old childhood ryme- What god has forgotten, stuff with cotton!

This week has been a crazy blur! I had my third annual chocoalte martini and dessert fundraiser last night. i bakd for ddays straight and had quite the crazy dessert spread! Amazingly i only had a peice of rice krispie treat and this new smore dessert. I wanted to stick to the bandster rle of no drinking with my food and having several chocoalte martini's was more my way to go!!

But having been on my feet doing all of this baking frenzy has killed my ankle. its always been tempermental and today its the size of a tennis ball and every steps makes me wimper. :) At least I stil have about 6 weeks to getit stronger for my walk. i'm in a quandry tho becuz 2 of my teammates aren't raising enuf money. I am almost to goal and sent in a donation on Wednesday that will put me at my walk minimm. I didn;t raise enuf yesterday to put both of the teammates to goal. We can split it between them nd then figure out how to raise about 600 bucks for them. Or we can put it towards one of te gals and she wil be able to walk. If we split it and cant raise the rest then neither of them can walk. the didn't seem to believe me when i said raising the money takes alot of work. Now i feel like i am the one doing all of the work.

Guess i'mm just being whiny becuz my ankle hurts so dang bad,

OK enuf of my rambling - but 1 question on the memorial day challenge.

Does this week mark our starting weight or do we go off what our easter weight was?

hi friends!

Christine - how much does a tonsl weigh? having them out has to be at least a pound or two right? :)

I will tell you .. I would not put this on my worst enemy..it hurst like a beech nut.. I think lap band was better.. it hurts to drink Water, swallow.. eat.. but I am trying to stick to the lap band diet.. but right now getting anything in is good.. I am eatting ruffle chips (for the salt and the rough texture on my throat) God it even hurts to yawn.... I weighed myself this morning and I was dwon 10 pounds in a week.. and this is that time of the month..so when this week is over.. I will get rid of the water weight.. in addition to the other weight loss.

Ah Christine I hope you feel better soon! looking at your ticker you're half way to where you want to be! Bet that feels wonderful! Congrats!!

I'm hoping to be there next week!

I hope you feel better Christine!!

I had a bad, bad week. The Easter candy did me in...ate way too many calories ALL week long! Tomorrow I will start anew. :)

I guess we should start with our weight this week. I gained 2 pounds this week and my TOM is starting soon. I don't even want to look at a scale forever!

Jessica,

I feel your pain. i am retaining Water like there will be no tomorrow ... :)

TOM is coming, i just dont know when. in addition to eating crap (peanut butter eggs from Easter) i was up over 5 pounds last week. :) i just want to cry.

I don't know about anyone else, but i'm fighting my head hunger a lot lately. I'm not physically hungry, but I want to eat. In a way it's good, because it's forcing me to deal with the head hunger if I'm going to lose weight, but man I wish I had no desire to eat when I'm not hungry. But I guess if I did, I would have never needed the band in the first place! lol

Jess & losingjustme - keep your heads held high. We all have ups and downs and it's not easy to change all these bad habits that we've had for years. You both have done PHENOMENAL!

Sonia: Thanks for the thought on that old dog. {gonna get a white Boxer/a black patch on her eye. Like the little rascals. Her eyes are blue}.

Chrispy: talk to me about the head hunger. I spent about 1 week munching on this and that, and finally I said eanough. I joined a Gym today and started putting my head to better uses.

Christine: hope you feel better soon.

Mary: I didn't get back home untill today. So get back when you can.

Jdru: I can relate to the first part anyway, but mine was everything.

I got my act together though. I do believe I need a fill. For now I have to deel with it.

losingjusme: I hear, and feel what you are saying.

Sounds to me like a lot of us are in the same boat. the good thing is,,, it's not sinking.. Amen! Shirley...

Ugh...this week is NOT going better. I've been staying at my parents' house because my sister is town with her new baby. Well, all I can think about is the next time I can eat Oreos. I am obsessed! :) There's all kinds of food I here that I don't keep at my house...it's challenging! Plus I have been feeling so fat and bloated and yucky lately. Blah..guess I just have to work harder.