Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

Hi everyone! Well I weighed in this morning and I am back down to 189...so I'm still at 0 for the Easter challenge. But I guess that's better than gaining. :) I have a really buys week so I'm hoping that will keep me from eating too much. Hope everyone is well!

well I found my MM.. it was at Mejiers.. a grocery store here.. It was 13.99 for the 1lb jug,.. I called GNC and my god.. i would need a loan to live on this.. on the internet it was not too bad..So I went for the milk choc... we will see how that goes..and I got the RTD for my Vegas trip.. I need to get some Protein in that week besides alcohol..

Hi everyone, hope your Monday was good, sometimes Monday's can really suck getting back into the swing of things.

Christine, in what dept. did you find the MM? I'm going to colombus this Sat. and I'm going to pick some up.

Jessica, good job on getting back down to 189, I didn't lose any this week but I can feel it in my bones for this week to see results. So I am officially starting the Easter Challange. I have to get my but into gear because I'm going to California to see my son for Easter and I want to buy a couple of knew outfilts and also surprise him.

I went to the gym this morning with my DS whose home on leave from the military. I tried to talk him into waiting until tomorrow with it being the first day of the week and he told me that I was just making excuses and I needed to just do it. I'm so glad that we went, I had a good workout and he showed me different ab workouts that I can do and when we were done I was able to come home and go to sleep with no problem. I work third and I always thought if I exercised after I got off work that I would'nt beable to sleep but I didn't have any problems today. And I also slept good and felt good when I got up. He wants to go every morning while he's home (2wks) so hopefully this will help me get a jumpstart on exercising.

Hi everyone!

I haven't been to this thread in ages - so thought it was time to check in with all of you.

I so far have lost 35 pounds. Woo hoo! I have had 2 fills so far. I am booked to see my surgeon this Thursday, I have reasonable (and variable) restriction so far, but feel that I am still eating a bit much, so am hoping for a slight increase in my fill.

I've been going to outdoor group training sessions 3 times a week for strength training, and am working on getting more cardio into my days. I love the training sessions. So far I'm not as good at being regular with cardio exercise as I think I should be. Doing some cardio every day (any type or duration) is my current challenge that I am working on. At the moment I am scoring about 3 to 4 days out of each week, of very light intensity and short duration stuff (eg walk kid to school etc).

Great to hear how everyone here is doing. Keep up the great work!

Cheers,

Anna.

Hi everyone, hope your Monday was good,

Christine, in what dept. did you find the MM? I'm going to colombus this Sat. and I'm going to pick some up.

Linadu... I found it at Meijers.. in the diet section..where they have all of the slim fast and the other brand name diet drinks.. back by the pharmacy.. that is where mine was.. I am going to try it tomorrow..

Do I mix it with Water? ? or is better with milk?? what flavor does everyone like? I guess it would be personal taste.. I went with milk chocolate.< /p>

H everyone!

way to go on the exercse Lisann and Anna! :clap2: and no gain is always a plus Jessica so good job too!

well today started my "official" 14 week training for the avon walk. it was a typo in my schedule since mondays are recovery walks and we dont have anything to recover from yet - but i figured i'd get at it. Now to just decide if I want to wake up and get a mile in in the AM and 2 in the PM or do all 3 in the PM - i find if i put my laptop on the coffee table I can keep an eye on the walk away the pounds people's feet and keep pace while I watch House. its kinda cracks the DH up but til he agrees a treadmill (and extra tv mounted to the wall w/ dvd player) is a good idea... I'll do what i can.

Going to try to also be more up about work. well i dunno about up but ... less apt to let it make a raging lunatic. Its just where I go for most of the day so they dont take the house away. :bored

off for a warm cup of skim (gonna pretend its a white russian) and head to the shower.

nyte friends!

Hello everyones,

Gratz on all the fat loss!! yeah baby.....

On the MM info... i use Water. I didnt want to add extra calories. I also have both ready to drink and powder forms. I prefer the powder. I didnt think I would like the powder... or maybe its just the flavor I bought. Well I dont know anything anymore heha! I do want to try the Cookies and cream one though!

Ok have a good day everyone!

~Raynie!

Hello all!! Glad to hear things are going well. I am down another pound...yippee, i'm just melting away...hehehe. I'm going to have to look into this MM stuff, sounds like yall are doing great on it. Anyway, have a great day.

Good Morning Angels!

Wow. I had a decent weekend. Actually it was a four day adventure. I didn't have to be back to work until today. Good job everyone. I caught up on the last few posts and kudo's to all. I haven't even looked for the MM. So what is the deal with it anyway. I called and asked my nutritionist and she told me not to waste my money. She said I can get my protien through a regular diet. So, give me some feedback ladies. Is it everything you've hoped it would be? Should I try it out? I'm depending on what y'all have to say.....

Since my fill of the 13th, things have been going great. At least I think. I haven't weighed in a few days but I just have a feeling that the 270's will be history for ever soon. This last fill really made a difference. So much more than the previous three fills. Maybe I've found that magical sweet spot? Geez....I hope so. I just haven't been hungry lately. When I do eat, it doesn't take much at all and I've had it. In a way it's like it was right after the surgery without the pain involved. PB? Oh yeah. If I over do it or eat to fast...you bet your sweet asses I PB. I try not to go there though. Yuck!

Hey, old Jimboss loves you all. My long anniversary weekend was awesome. And speaking of sweet spots, I'm proud to say I can still find my lovely brides "sweet spot". Whew! Ain't life good!

Hugs to all..........Jim

Hi everyone,

Soniican - do you have your training schedule posted anywhere, I'm curious what it consist of. I hope your first day went well for you.

Congrats KStar you just keep on a melting away :clap2: doesn't it feel good!

Well I went to the gym today with DS and we were working out in front of the mirror and I actually looked at myself, I hadn't looked in a long time, and I was pleasently surprised, I didn't see a big blob. I actually saw someone that was overweight but not obese. My stomach wasn't making me look like I was 9 mo. prego either. So I figure that the difference so far has just come from eating less so if I continue to exercise then I should see better results. I'm so happy:D

so here i am just kinda stalling before starting my walks today, figured I'd check in. Hope everyone had a good day.

i was looking at my food entries on sparkpeople and just thought - MAN no afternoon snack! my clients kept me on the phone all afternoon mostly so i didn;t stop to complain and look for something to chew!! very surprising!

Lisann I could email you the schdule if you'd like. I made the mistake of sending it to a friend who was thinking of signing up for the walk with me this year and it kinda scared her out of it. But i did get to tease her for being a wimp. teeehhee

OK I better get those shoes on!

Hey guys it has been a long time since I have posted. A matter of fact I usually just read I have only posted a couple of times. My ticker is off I have now lost a total of 47 pounds!!! :) I had my second fill yesterday and it was really strange. I could not even really drink all my Water and had to stop and sit a while before it all went down. I am still having a pain everytime I drink anything. I have only been able to eat creamy Soup and water. I must have major restriction because I have never really felt like this before. I just feel like I have to drink really really slow and wait for it to go down. Is this normal or have any of you guys experienced this before? My doctor said to stay on liquids a week if needed and just be sure I am able to keep things down...I have not had any problems with anything coming up just a little pain.

Hi Lisa. 47 pounds is awesome! I noticed after my 2nd fill 2 weeks ago I can't gulp Water the way i used to - but thats about it. only pain when i dn't chew.

Thanks soniacan. I will have to really pay attention when I am eating. I already miss not being able to gulp the water:) You are right there with 39.5 pds lost that is GREAT!!

Hello to every one!: I thought I would say high, since I am feeling better.

Looks to me like everybody has their stuff together. "GREAT!!!"

I am waiteing to get into physical therapy as a out patient, So far they have been comeing to the house to work this knee out. I am walking with a walker, cane "sometimes", and takeing steps with out. That's scarey...

At least I am comeing along. They had me on moriphine, and vicodin,, and

yet I couldn't stand the pain. "go figure rite!!" Well my pt said your leg is inflamed we have been working it to hard..." Now I allready told her what the Doc. said, and that was "back off! to much to soon is no good." She

didn't listen, he was rite.. I see him Thursday. He put me on ant-inflamitories, NO PAIN!!!!! A little tender, but liveable. So 2 days now with out pain pills. Am I glad.. So I am dealing with me. I hope I haven't gained

any weight. I'm hopein for some kinda loss. I'll find out down the rd. I guess.

I hope you all are enjoying the MML, or MM. I prefer the light only because of the calorie intake. I prefer strawberry Milkshake, Cookies n Creme.

I by the powder on the internet, it's not to bad a price. Never did try the liquid though. Any good?

Jimboss: it's good stuff, and it helps burn fat during work outs. It's a decent protien drink. Were I had my surgery done they promote this stuff.

The dietician has told us all that we will need this for the rest of our lives.

What ever kind you buy is up to you, just understand you are gonna need this stuff for your health. Email me if you want and I will try to explain it.

I see you are married 31 years, Congrats.. Mine will be 31 in August. So

we were married in the same year. Ya never no egh?

Take care all you losers I'll try to keep in touch. Shirley...