Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

I fraked up I think..... My mom is in town and she made the family her famous meat Loaf with Tomatoe gravy and Mashed Potatoes. Of course I just had to eat a little. I didnt get sick! but it was so good! I chewed and chewed.... and ate SOOO much less then I would have if I wasn't banded. then the next day we went to our favorite Mexican rest, after church... I ate the refried Beans, rice pilaf and the chicken enchilada! Geez!!! I am amazed that I could eat it with no problems! It took me about 30 min to eat it. I was full the rest of the day. But know i am so scarred that my band slipped. I feel no pain, or discomfort..... i have no idea what a slipped band would feel like. I just feel so damned guilty from eating now. i am going back on the liquid diet. (as I just ate a 100 calorie choco pudding) *snickers* I think I am doomed! Anyone else eat anything to early? Qbanita 75- I am so sorry you fell! That must have been traumatizing- I hope your ok Hun!

Raynie,

I would make sure the next doc appt you go to whether it is just a follow up or a fill appt, to ask them to check it with the flouroscopy. They can see if it has slipped or not. It probably hasn't, but it would sure be good to make sure.

Hang in there. None of us are perfect.

Raynie, when were you banded? If you are to be on liquids I would get back on and stay on liquid for the duration of the time. I think you will be ok, but remember this is a time that your stomach needs for healing and you are only putting yourself in jeopardy by eating too soon. The liquids are to help in the healing process and to keep your stomach from having to overwork. Good luck and don't beat yourself up!

Thanks guys! Yes, I was a bad bad girl hehe... I was banded 10-26.... Shame on me, and I sooooo sooooo know better too! I am to be on liquids till this thursday, then move on to the soft food stage, then to reg foods.

~Raynie!

Raynie... I ordered the enchiladas. At Joe T's, it's either that or fajitas. All I will say is this: I do believe ALL my post op swelling has gone away. BAD Rhonda! But it sure was good..... (They never should have told me I can eat regular food. I think I'm gonna play like they didn't. Protein Drink and oatmeal so far today) :phanvan

Hi All!

back at work today. Sitting at my desk is making me a tad achey so i keep standing to type and trying to get comfy.

I got in and there was a big box filled with EAS Myoplex Protein packs and bag of unflavored protein and all sorts of goodies - baby juices and food, applesauces and Jello and crystal lights.

I hate my job but the people make it soo worth it!!

Now i'm just waiting for my little container of Soup to not be so cold so i go nuke it. Have a great day all!

Raynie-

I totally get where you are coming from. I am in the soft food stage and although I haven't tried to eat any meat or anything too hard, I have found that I can eat way more than I think I'm supposed to. Of course, it is still wayyyyy less than I could eat before surgery. Unfortunately, I have been eating soft foods that are full of fat and calories. Mashed potatoes, mac n cheese, omlettes. I once drank sweet tea instead of unsweet. (That's a southern thing... sweet tea is the bomb!) Sat. night was DH's 20 yr class reunion and I drank a margarita.

Mondays are my weigh in days and I lost 1/2 a lb last week. Very discouraging since I was loosing 7-10 lbs a week at first. I feel really guilty so this week I am back to Soups and yogurt, SF pudding, etc. I'm thinking seriously of going to counseling!

I did have some great NSVs this weekend though. I had to break down and buy new jeans because my old ones were literally falling off of me. My old favorite jeans were a size 24. The new ones I bought over the weekend were SIZE 20 with a little room to spare!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Lori

Hey guys, I'm doing great at 17 days out. I've only lost 10 pounds, :) but I have been absolutely religious about following the rules. My doc has me on full liquid until the Tuesday after Thanksgiving and then on to mushies. I haven't been hungry or felt deprived, I even served my family pizza last night - I did chew up a tidbit of Italian sausage, though - shhhh! I need to step up my exercise - my treadmill is fixed, so that should help and I need to start some light upperbody free weights if my goal is to wear a sleeveless dress or blouse. I have been consuming about 800-900 calories per day - am I not taking in enough? I have been getting 30+ grams of Protein (my doctor doesn't like to over do it on the liquid stage) and eating three times per day plus a snack. Maybe I should call my nutritionist about that.

Anyway, even though I've only lost 10 pounds, I can already feel the difference in my clothes, so that's a plus. Good luck to everyone and let's keep in touch.

Hello All,

Just wanted to chiime in and say I was banded 10-26-06 (12 days ago) and I love it, so far I have lost 15lbs and I can just feel my attitide getting right.

banded 10/26/06

315/300/210

Rhonda

Why don't you want to eat regular food at 1 month post-op? Just curious.

HA! It's not that I don't WANT to eat it. It just went down WAY too easliy. I am scheduled for my first fill on the 16th and don't want to undo what little weight loss I've had so far. I am having little visions of what all I could eat before the 16th and I don't need to go there! The last thing I want is to put some of this weight back on. I had been very content with my tuna Snacks until Sat night. Nothing quite like good ole mexican food!!!!

Hi everyone. I'm beginning to think that I should have taken a nother few days or come back for a 1/2 day. I keep trying to stand and type which isn't very comfortable.

Hi everyone. I'm beginning to think that I should have taken a nother few days or come back for a 1/2 day. I keep trying to stand and type which isn't very comfortable.

Sorry to hear you're having a tough 1st day. Did you at least wear something loose fitting? It makes it so much easier to sit if the old clothes aren't too tight. I had mine done on a Wed and came back on a Monday but everyone's procedure and pain tolerence are different. I hope you either feel better soon or don't have much longer work. Hang in there, sweetie, it DOES get better!!! :)

Soniacan,

Can you go home? If you can possibly take another couple of days, your body will probably appreciate it.

Hello All!!!

I haven't posted in a while, been busy with work and the kids..... I had my first fill today.......YAY!!!! :clap2:

I was scared about the needle pain, but it wasn't bad at all.... I didn't feel a thing, isn't that great!?!?..... they asked me if I wanted to numb the area first, but then I figured, I might as well just get poked once instead of twice for the numbing.... and I didn't feel a thing.

Anyways, after they stuck me, I went and stood in front on the xray machine to do that dreaded swallow.... and guess what... it got stuck!!!! :faint: ... it was crazy looking at liquid get stuck in the pouch, so of course the took some of the filling out...... so now, I'm on liquids again for the next 3 to 4 days.... I'm curious what my restriction is going to be now :nervous .... It kinda makes you think, if liquid couldn't get through, how is food going to be able to get through.

Joanne