Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling Humiliated....

I started my sophomore year at my college and it's a pretty good sized school, so there are lots of lecture halls that are set up like auditoriums.

So anyways I got to my class and sit down, and I swear this has been the most uncomfortable seating situation I have ever been in. I have bruises on the sides of my legs where they were almost bursting out of the sides. I know I made the girl next to me very uncomfortable, since she could feel my legs shaking.

This was so embarrassing! Ugh and the worst part is that I have to do this class for my major and there are no options. I don't get sleeved until December and conveniently, that's also the end of the semester.

I've just felt so low today. I just desperately want December to come.

Ahhhh, sigh. Thanks for listening.

Is there a way you can talk to the Instructor/Professor and ask if you can have a different seat. I too have been in that situation. It was painful yet I only had to endure for a short stint. You have at least 3 months more.

I hope you can get relief with this situation.

^ what they said. I think you'd be surprised at how understanding some people can be. I remember having to sit in desks in highschool and just feeling ugh because I could baaarely fit in them (although quite a few people were like this so I guess maybe it was the desks). Take this opportunity to do a little pre-surg weight loss! Walk around campus a bit more (I can't wait to do this this fall since I'm going to a HUGE university) and eat a little bit smaller portions. I think you'd be surprised at what a few pounds less can feel like.

Hang in there :) December's right around the corner.

Try to either talk to your professor or go to the school help center. You should not have to sit in any chair that is going to bruise you. I am certain that they have policies related to student health concerns and this is certainly one!! Good luck.

Uuuuuugh I feel for you. This sucks because if you sit in a chair off to the side, you're excluded. If you sit in the seats, you're in pain.

Can you sit in an aisle seat? Maybe towards the back? At least you can maybe kick your legs out occasionally.

If it makes you feel less alone, I actually broke two stools at my favorite Indian restaurant. Two! It's a small restaurant so they only have a counter and stools. It was just like that diner scene in the movie "There's Something About Mary". I was surprised they didn't ban me from the restaurant. And what's worse is that the last time I went there, I noticed they had replaced the old stools with ones that were super-reinforced industrial strength designs. I don't know if they were trying to accommodate me or give me a hint.

I feel your pain =( I am in classes that start next week and I am having flashbacks to last year when I couldn't sit comfortably in those auditorium type seats. The desk thing would never go down, I couldn't get any kind of comfortable, the chairs were too small. I was too embarrassed to say anything, but I really think they focus more on to getting students in a room than making sure they're comfortable - which is stupid because who can learn if they can't even put the desk thing down and concentrate? All I could seem to think about in these classes was how uncomfortable I was .

It sounds like your situation is even worse - if it's bad enough that you're getting bruises you really need to see if the teacher will accomodate you somehow. (((((HUG))))) Hang in there, December will be here soon!

If it makes you feel less alone' date=' I actually broke two stools at my favorite Indian restaurant. Two! It's a small restaurant so they only have a counter and stools. It was just like that diner scene in the movie "There's Something About Mary". I was surprised they didn't ban me from the restaurant. And what's worse is that the last time I went there, I noticed they had replaced the old stools with ones that were super-reinforced industrial strength designs. I don't know if they were trying to accommodate me or give me a hint.[/quote']

I'm really sorry that happened to you. Ugh I'm sooooo over being fat!

I feel your pain =( I am in classes that start next week and I am having flashbacks to last year when I couldn't sit comfortably in those auditorium type seats. The desk thing would never go down' date=' I couldn't get any kind of comfortable, the chairs were too small. I was too embarrassed to say anything, but I really think they focus more on to getting students in a room than making sure they're comfortable - which is stupid because who can learn if they can't even put the desk thing down and concentrate? All I could seem to think about in these classes was how uncomfortable I was .

It sounds like your situation is even worse - if it's bad enough that you're getting bruises you really need to see if the teacher will accomodate you somehow. (((((HUG))))) Hang in there, December will be here soon![/quote']

That's exactly how I feel! I'm a really studious person, but yesterday I just couldn't think about ANYTHING else.

I mean the bruises are small, kind of oblong around the same size of an antibiotic... you know the horse pills? Luckily my school isn't all that big compared to some. I just have no idea how to approach the conversation.... :(

Uuuuuugh I feel for you. This sucks because if you sit in a chair off to the side' date=' you're excluded. If you sit in the seats, you're in pain.

Can you sit in an aisle seat? Maybe towards the back? At least you can maybe kick your legs out occasionally.[/quote']

Yea I was one of the later people to arrive. I'll try it in the middle/back, so that way I won't bring attention to myself if I shift/move around. Thank you

Try to either talk to your professor or go to the school help center. You should not have to sit in any chair that is going to bruise you. I am certain that they have policies related to student health concerns and this is certainly one!! Good luck.

Yes I think I know where to go, but I'm scared they will just say drop the class. I can but I need it for my major.

Is there a way you can talk to the Instructor/Professor and ask if you can have a different seat. I too have been in that situation. It was painful yet I only had to endure for a short stint. You have at least 3 months more.

I hope you can get relief with this situation.

Thank you so much!!

^ what they said. I think you'd be surprised at how understanding some people can be. I remember having to sit in desks in highschool and just feeling ugh because I could baaarely fit in them (although quite a few people were like this so I guess maybe it was the desks). Take this opportunity to do a little pre-surg weight loss! Walk around campus a bit more (I can't wait to do this this fall since I'm going to a HUGE university) and eat a little bit smaller portions. I think you'd be surprised at what a few pounds less can feel like.

Hang in there :) December's right around the corner.

Yea I looks like this is my best hope!! Those seats are just insanely small, and there's a gym in my building. Thanks for the idea! And good luck in college!

I had this happen to me when I was on jury duty last year. I was so uncomfortable in the seat all I could think about is, im so mad, this guys guilty and got to pay!! This would make me laugh and then the judge kept asking me, is there a problem juror number 5?

I would go to the health center and talk to a medical person about it. Or go to the professor and tell him/her that you have back problems and need a chair with a straight back and there is no way you can concentrate in your current seat.