Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers! Announce Yourselves

My date is October 25. I started the pre-op diet today which is a week early. I will be on a business trip that week and figured that would be a bad time to start. Today has been rough. Very drained.

I am having my surgery on October 1st and I don't have any pre-op diet that I need to follow. I am just wondering why most people on here have to do a pre-op diet at least 2 weeks before surgery. I weigh 242 lbs and my bmi is at 39.

I am having my surgery on October 1st and I don't have any pre-op diet that I need to follow. I am just wondering why most people on here have to do a pre-op diet at least 2 weeks before surgery. I weigh 242 lbs and my bmi is at 39.

Many surgeons require a pre op diet because it shrinks the liver making. Isualization with a laperscope easier

I know my surgeon and nut do it to help get the liver ready for surgery to help decrease the fat in the liver, plus to help get some weight down prior. Every surgeon and patient are different ...guess your dr didnt think it was necessary for your case. My nut said to start 2-3 wks prior but said I could start right away to help loose more prior to surgery.

Me:-)

Any other Octosleevers from Florida?

My surgeon isnt requiring a pre-op diet either, but since orientation Ive been on the pre-op meal plan. Which has me learning how to ear properly and I've lost 14lbs following it. So he says keep doing what Im doing, no liquid diet required. I started at 237lbs BMI of 42, Im down to 223 today and he requested I get to 220lb by day of surgery. Good luck to you!!

Wow! I am totally blown away at how many of us are scheduled for October!

There had been so much great stuff in the news lately regarding WLS and clearly, people are listening!

I'd like to know who else is going to Mexico for surgery in October, besides me (Sxd Oct 27, Dr Garcia, TJ, Mexico)?

Good luck to all the Octosleevers! Lets rock this sh*t!!! :-)

My doctor doesn't require a pre-op diet. He wants you to lose weight before and only liquids the day before.

I asked my dietician about the Hair loss and she also said as long as you're getting all your Vitamins you don't need to worry. She doesn't believe the hair supplements make any difference.

I am done all my pre-testing. I see the surgeon on the 26th of this month and my surgery is projected for the week of October 15th. Nervous but anxious to start the ball rolling.

Hey fellow OctoSleevers!! Feeling great today! Wearing closed-toe shoes & longer sleeves this week (cooler weather) has been a little depressing but today I had a pick-me-up that was good for my soul: I had an admirer in high school with whom I've chatted on Facebook for several years now. He called me out of the blue this morning & asked me to lunch. He was driving through the state on the way to the beach & wanted to see me. Of course I was thinking: "Aggh! I haven't had my surgery yet!" (Last time he saw me in person was 24 years ago and I weighed 120 lbs less than I do now). But I think I carried my self-esteem fairly well for the lunch hour. He was such a gentleman: he opened all doors for me & paid for the lunch. I <3 Facebook! ;-)

Hey fellow OctoSleevers!! Feeling great today! Wearing closed-toe shoes & longer sleeves this week (cooler weather) has been a little depressing but today I had a pick-me-up that was good for my soul: I had an admirer in high school with whom I've chatted on Facebook for several years now. He called me out of the blue this morning & asked me to lunch. He was driving through the state on the way to the beach & wanted to see me. Of course I was thinking: "Aggh! I haven't had my surgery yet!" (Last time he saw me in person was 24 years ago and I weighed 120 lbs less than I do now). But I think I carried my self-esteem fairly well for the lunch hour. He was such a gentleman: he opened all doors for me & paid for the lunch. I <3 Facebook! ;-)

Wow, good for you. Glad you had a great time. I refuse to wear closed toe shoes until halloween, LOL

Just Do It!!!

I refuse to wear closed toe shoes until halloween' date=' LOL[/quote']

Love it!!! I should live by the same rule :-)

I hate shoes! If I could wear flip flops all year I would! I'm seeing my doctor on Wednesday and hoping for an October date. I'm glad it's happening after the summer, my friend had hers in July and was miserable! I definitely prefer cooler weather. Plus, when spring comes around we'll all look sexy enough to wear those cute sun dresses!