Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know I am a ways off from surgery, but I do want to know my date. I was told that I get my psych eval done, I will get a date. No go. The coordinator is now saying I need my GI and fitness consults completed to. I only go for my eval for both next Friday. And GI will still have to schedule my EGD too. Very frustrating. I also have a 16 week weight management program to complete. Which I am going into my 6th week. I work in a hospital and we do our schedules way far in advance. So I need to know my date so that I can request time off. And I'm going to be close to thanksgiving so I really need to know since that is a tough time to get to take.

Anyway...just frustrated with being told one thing, then having it changed part way through...again.

the only thing I can tell you is that.... you have overweight for how many years? I know it is frutrating. it took me over a year and a half just to get approval (jan 2012) and I wasnt able to schedule it until april due to the fact that I had to request the time off. also this is part of FMLA so they can not deny you the time off. ;-)

good luck

You probably will not get a date until all those things have been done, so this is a good time to start engaging in changing some of your habits like eating healthy foods and increasing exercise to get you ready for the surgery. Also see if you can make an appt with a NUT to go over ways to change your current diet. That will help with the transition. Relax and know that it will happen! :)

You probably will not get a date until all those things have been done' date=' so this is a good time to start engaging in changing some of your habits like eating healthy foods and increasing exercise to get you ready for the surgery. Also see if you can make an appt with a NUT to go over ways to change your current diet. That will help with the transition. Relax and know that it will happen! :)[/quote']

My weight management program is through their registered dietician. They won't even let me meet with the NUT for like another month or more. I have to meet wi their PCP which is at the end of September. I am just frustrated that they told me to get this meeting with the psychologist done, the dictated report back to them and they will give me my date. Now it's oh you need this. That frustrates me. I eat clean and healthy and all I can do for exercise right now is swim. I have degenerative disc disease in my L5 with a tear. That tear is causing Fluid to leak onto my nerve bundle there that affects me from my right hip down to my toes. It feels like my leg is vibrating. They said weight loss will give my body a chance to heal and allow my pain to subside. It's just a cluster.

Can you schedule an appt with your PCP earlier? He might be able to order everything STAT basis. You can make up an excuse to see him sooner like for HA or better yet, the vibration in your leg is really really bothersome for you. That might help get a quicker appt to get the referral process moving quicker. At least with Kasier that works. :)

It's not my PCP I have to meet. It's their bariatric PCP tha I am required to see. All my labs have been ordered including my chest X-ray (which was clear). The surgeon ordered those. It's just this complex rigamorole that they send you through. And don't get me started on all of the out of pocket expenses I have.

Weight management program = $409

Nutrition classes, etc = $350

Surgery kit = $310

Plus all of my consult copays on top of other miscellaneous fees. And I have to pay admission copy 2 weeks before surgery.

Thank god I have a big flex spending account. Or else none of this would be happening.

My weight management program is through their registered dietician. They won't even let me meet with the NUT for like another month or more. I have to meet wi their PCP which is at the end of September. I am just frustrated that they told me to get this meeting with the psychologist done' date=' the dictated report back to them and they will give me my date. Now it's oh you need this. That frustrates me. I eat clean and healthy and all I can do for exercise right now is swim. I have degenerative disc disease in my L5 with a tear. That tear is causing Fluid to leak onto my nerve bundle there that affects me from my right hip down to my toes. It feels like my leg is vibrating. They said weight loss will give my body a chance to heal and allow my pain to subside. It's just a cluster.[/quote']

I know exactly how you feel. I couldn't get a date early enough in advance to avoid having to wait 6 weeks. I completed all my requirements on June 24th, but my bariatric surgeon's office dropped the ball on submitting it until July 12, and I was approved July 19. I'm going to be sleeved August 28th. I could've had an earlier date but my job requires 6 weeks notice for elective surgery, so I had to push it back.

That's my concern. I want to stay on top of this because I do not want the ball dropped. Not when I'm basically competing for similar dates as all the volusia count school systems people. Plus it's the holidays and I am going to be honest. I want to be on solids by my birthday which is just before Christmas.

Ok, I didn't know that there was a PCP for bariatric's. I would try calling and asking for a sooner appt. Maybe someone had to cancel. Wishing you a lot of luck in this process. It sounds like you will benefit from this procedure too. :)

Ok' date=' I didn't know that there was a PCP for bariatric's. I would try calling and asking for a sooner appt. Maybe someone had to cancel. Wishing you a lot of luck in this process. It sounds like you will benefit from this procedure too. :)[/quote']

Well I called and got an earlier appointment. I has to go to his other office that is further away but that's ok. I got an appointment for 24 days earlier. So I will have all but 1 consult 100% done by then. I will still have my EGD to complete but once that is comeplete...smooth sailing for me. I hope.

I did find out that because the registered dietician is on her own until her partner is back from bed rest and maternity leave, she is the only one teaching the weight management classes. So they were gonna cut Monday nights class. I did my schedule at work to ensure that I always take that nights class. This way I finish as early as possible and I can get my approval that much faster. Me and a few others were like that's not fair since we made arrangements to attend these and are paying for them. So finally we got them to keep the Monday classes. I was so scared. I would have missed 4 classes,max you can miss is 2 before you have to start over again. And that would have pushed me back towards Christmas to get sleeved. NO THANKS!!

Oh well. One day at a time. I finish my weight management classes in 73 days.

the only thing I can tell you is that.... you have overweight for how many years? I know it is frutrating. it took me over a year and a half just to get approval (jan 2012) and I wasnt able to schedule it until april due to the fact that I had to request the time off. also this is part of FMLA so they can not deny you the time off. ;-)

good luck

How do you get it covered under FMLA? Is it only if you don't have enough sick days to cover it? Do tell! I was able to use FMLA when I had my c-sections and it was so useful!

I would like to know as well about the fmla. Sounds like my work you can't use it for surgery. It would have to be an illness or sickness. Not planned or some crap...

FMLA is a federal thing. Your job can't make up its own rules about how to use it. I just googled it quick and it's for an employee who has "a serious health condition that makes the employee unable to perform the essential functions of his or her job" amongst other things. Don't think it will apply to me though. Just guarantees you health benefits, not pay. Don't think it will work for me. I need to keep getting paid. So I will use sick days.