Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone know when these are allowed and /or tolerated? I have read a few posts by a one person on here who does sunflower seeds alot but I cant rememeber how far out she was. I am wondering if it would interfere with the staples at all? Things like almonds,peanuts,or even popcorn, they have low salt choices,and some nuts can be good sources of Protein no?

Just wondering if anyone knows?

Good question. I am not close to this point but would like to know.

what about nut milks?... like almond milk, for example?.. :)

animal Protein also contains casein, which is known to cause cancer (watch: Forks Over Knives, or read The China Study).. which is why i want to avoid animal products as much as possible.. (but currently don't, because i'm in the process of weening myself off of them).

animal Protein also contains casein, which is known to cause cancer (watch: Forks Over Knives, or read The China Study).. which is why i want to avoid animal products as much as possible.. (but currently don't, because i'm in the process of weening myself off of them).

Everything seems to cause cancer and we were built to digest animal Protein. That said, vegans surely can have an ethical objection, but meat in itself is not bad for you.

Casein is mainly found in milk and milk products. Again, good for us.

To the topic: I ate nuts at two months and nut butters since soft foods. I eat some form of nuts daily - usually sliced roasted unsalted almonds on my Greek yogurt.

Some use almond milk and love it. Almond flour can be used in baking. It's good stuff, but very high in calories so watch the serving sizes.

I use hazelnut milk which is pretty much made from Water and hazelnuts because I am lactose intolerant I use that for some of my shake flavours to give it more interesting flavour.

Never liked the almond milk it was too watery.

I have eaten some almonds though I had no food by me and had that empty thing going on and they were there unsalted plain almonds so I ate a few chewed up really really well!

Oh I have eaten hazelnuts in my muesli when I have had it.

but i didn;t eat the nuts till well intot he solid food stage

I only use almond milk and love it with the shakes. vanilla and unsweetened. Also I am 4 wks out today and have had both almonds and cashews and they are fine. Only about 5 or so at a time and chew them good!

After sleeve- Peanuts gave me very bad heart burn as did Peanut Butter however- Almonds and cashews are no problem neither are macadamia nuts. I eat almonds almost every day and started at about 4 mos post op- I drink almond milk exclusively.

popcorn for me is an absolute no no- my tummy does not like it at all- every time I try it I throw it up- and to be honest anything with corn has the same reaction- even corn chips- it is weird.... sad because I Love it- Even tried creamed corn and woops came right back up- so who knows.. maybe a few years from now i'll try it again...

A LOT of the foods post op are trial and error- its like a baby- you dont wan to try too much in case you get a reaction (vomit, get stuck diarrhea etc..) but you wont know till you try because we are all different.

My NUT told me that I could have them at 8 weeks out. I stick to almonds - my sleeve seems to tolerate them better than the others.

I eat almonds and pecans and I am 8 weeks out. I chew them till they are mush!

I was able to start eating nuts at three months. I still have not tried them yet a little scared.