Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your current fill in your 4cc band?

So I have a 4cc band and had my first fill last week...got 1.5cc put in. Doc said that he likes to be conservative for the first fill, just in case....besides I live hundreds of miles away from said fill doc and a problem would suck!

I don't really feel any restriction, but there are times food feels uncomfortable going down...like in my chest. I stop eating then...is this was the "new full" feels like? I actually think I should be able to eat less than I am...I'm sure I'll need another fill in a month or so.

I have 2.0cc in a 4cc band. I have been banded for almost 2 years. Highest amount Fluid I had was 2.8cc. Unfilled last year due to getting pregnant.

I was banded just over 5 months ago and just had my 7th fill today (.3 cc) so I'm now at 3.1 in a 4 cc band. Hope this one does the trick! As of last night (before the fill) I could still eat a whole hamburger or three pieces of pizza with the crust and not feel any restriction. I am crossing my fingers for restriction!

I have 3 cc in my 4cc band and still have very little restriction. I still can't eat bread or chicken, they both just don't go down well. I was wondering how much does it take to have restirction that some seem to have at 2cc. Will have have to have a all 4cc in my band, does that happen with people?

I have the large band and on my 2nd fill visit I asked the doc how much he put in and he said he didn't measure it. I was like okaayyy...I would like to know, I assume not enough because I can still get more than I should (I think).

Be blessed!

Updating:

1.4cc now.

I will be interesting to see what happens in a few days. My first fill of 1.5cc didn't "kick in" for a few days and then it was so tight I couldn't get Water down. The fluro didn't even "hold" in the band so maybe with the poundage lost I will need even more.

But after that one overfill, I swear I'll pay to fill .1cc at a time to hit the sweetspot instead of overfilling again, lol! :huggie:

I have been banded since the end of May and have had 2 fills in my 4 cc bans. The first was 1.75 and gave me no restriction. My second was about 10 days ago and was 1.00 cc. So I am at 2.75 cc. I definitely have restriction. Is it perfect. I don't know. Anyone with any advice on this, please tell!!!:help:

I was banded 8 weeks ago and Friday had my second fill. I am at 2cc's in a 4cc band. I had my first Pb'ing and sliming episode yesterday:omg: so am thinking I have some restriction for the first time!!! We will see what the next few weeks bring. :biggrin1:

"I am at a stand still with weight loss this week, but I am praying that I am just compacting."

What does "compacting" mean?

I was banded July 2nd and only lost 15 pounds during pre surgery and 6 weeks post surgery. I have a 4cc band and had my first fill 3 weeks ago. The Dr. said he put in 3cc. I have only lost 2 pounds since then. I'm eating LOTS of food...I even ate a 6" chicken salad sub sandwich from Subway. Do I need to call and get another fill before my 6 week scheduled appointment or should I just wait? I see that some people say it takes several fills to hit the "sweet spot." Starting to feel frustrated!

KYteacher - you seem to be filled to the brim...although some people need to be squeezed that tight. I have heard that sometimes there is a leak and I wonder if that's what's happening to you...especially since you were able to eat that whole sub with the bread (bread usually stops us up, or at least gives us a little trouble). I think you should go see your doc and have him unfill and see how much was really in there...it's possible that you SHOULD have 3cc, but may only have 1cc in there. It's worth the time to check.

I have a 4cc band and 1.5cc in it (first fill a couple of weeks ago) and sometimes I have restriction and sometimes I can eat whatever! Tonight I had some dry chicken and that was just bad...I have to remember to keep the chicken moist!

I had my second fill yesterday and I am up to 1.75 cc. It took 6 tries before they got it. I am feeling restriction for the first time. I have been banded since July 9th and have lost 27 lbs.

I have 2.7 cc in a 4cc band and THINK I feel restriction once in a while. I can honestly say I actually can feel the food moving through the band. I think I chew my food too well!

Unfortunately, I can still eat too much and weight loss is slow, 1lb/2weeks. I won't overeat only because I am scared to "break" something in there.

I really want the feeling of full or satisfied to happen. I found out Friday my fills aren't covered by my insurance. They are $174 a fill.

I am discouraged and feel like this is just another diet that is a bust.

I have a fill scheduled for the end of the week. I am going to insist on a 3.5 fill, maybe. This will be my 6th fill. I DID start using Alli (oristat) to help with weight loss. I am getting desperate and embarrassed. I feel I should be doing better than I am. I cost us so much money with this surgery and the fills and I am hardly losing. In fact I lost more weight when I was on the liquid diet BEFORE the surgery.

Did anyone do a poll on feeling restriction with a 4cc band?

Thanks for listening

I have 2.7 cc in a 4cc band and THINK I feel restriction once in a while. I can honestly say I actually can feel the food moving through the band. I think I chew my food too well!

Unfortunately, I can still eat too much and weight loss is slow, 1lb/2weeks. I won't overeat only because I am scared to "break" something in there.

I really want the feeling of full or satisfied to happen. I found out Friday my fills aren't covered by my insurance. They are $174 a fill.

I am discouraged and feel like this is just another diet that is a bust.

I have a fill scheduled for the end of the week. I am going to insist on a 3.5 fill, maybe. This will be my 6th fill. I DID start using Alli (oristat) to help with weight loss. I am getting desperate and embarrassed. I feel I should be doing better than I am. I cost us so much money with this surgery and the fills and I am hardly losing. In fact I lost more weight when I was on the liquid diet BEFORE the surgery.

Did anyone do a poll on feeling restriction with a 4cc band?

Thanks for listening

I am SO with you on this. I am also "discouraged and feel like this is just another diet that is a bust." I have my 8th fill scheduled for next week but will call this morning to see if they have any cancellations today and can fit me in. I now have 3.1 cc in my 4 cc band. Once in awhile I feel restriction but usually when I eat too fast--never when I eat too much. I can eat everything and anything and lots of it, as long as I chew a lot. I'm coming up on 6 months and have only lost 21 lbs.--almost all of that the first 2 months. Argh!

I have been away from this website for a few days....my question is --"What is restriction?" is it the feel of the food traveling after you chew or is it fullness, like I can't eat anymore. I had a fill on 8/17/07 and now have 1.25 cc in a 4cc band. Like many in this thread, if I chew well, I can eat like I did before. I stop myself because I believe I am eating too much. My doctor's office state that I have to have more control and limit my intake no matter how I feel. However, if I could do that, I would not have gotten the band.

I need to understand the "sweet spot" and restriction and I am not clear ...please someone explain what good restriction feels like and fullness is it one and the same.

Thank you

Can someone please describe what is good restriction? Is that the feel of food traveling down into your stomach (not comfortable) or is it the feel of fullness after a few bites? I have 1.25 cc in a 4 cc band and can still eat what I want when I chew well. I have been told to exhibit more control, but if I had that control, I would not have gotten the band....some feedback would be appreciated.