Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your current fill in your 4cc band?

Hey guys, I just had my second fill yesterday I also have a 4cc band and the doc took me up from 1cc which pretty much let me eat anything without restriction to 1.8cc's which has me barely able to drink Water, theres no way such a slight fill is too much right?-Does it take a day or two to allow you to eat regular foods? I was told one day of liquids and then back to reg foods, but everything gets stuck,not to mention the terrible tightness in my chest is this the full feeling I hear so much about? I'm now terrified to eat anything! Advice please lol:cursing:

Hey guys, I just had my second fill yesterday I also have a 4cc band and the doc took me up from 1cc which pretty much let me eat anything without restriction to 1.8cc's which has me barely able to drink Water,theres no way such a slight fill is too much right?-Does it take a day or two to allow you to eat regular foods? I was told one day of liquids and then back to reg foods, but everything gets stuck,not to mention the terrible tightness in my chest is this the full feeling I hear so much about? I'm now terrified to eat anything! Advice please lol:cursing:

Hey, Kevin! A fill of 0.8 is 20% of your band's capacity, which is like a 2cc fill for those of us who have 10cc bands. My band had 1cc in it at surgery and I got 3ccs at my first fill, 2ccs at my second, and 1cc at my third. So your fill second fill is comparable to mine. However, everyone is different and some don't even feel a large fill while others get overfilled on a relatively small one.

To me, it sounds like you're too tight but you could loosen up in a day or two. If it were me, as long as you're able to get Water down and maybe a Protein shake, I'd see how I felt on Monday. If I was still too tight, then I'd call the doctor and possibly get an unfill. However, if you get any worse or can't get enough water down, I'd call the doctor tomorrow because you don't want to risk getting dehydrated.

Let us know how you're doing and good luck!

Ok Water goes down fine feels much better now not sure how solids are going to feel but Im not pushing it just juice for now thanks for the advice!

I'm glad to hear that! Just take it easy. I just today started solids after my fill a week ago. I stuck to mushies and soft foods (turkey chili, Weight Watchers Lasagna or Ravioli) until then because I could tell I was a little tight. I understand that if you get stuck or PB, you should go back to liquids to heal up. I'd rather take it slow and avoid it in the first place!

I hope this fill works well for you! :thumbup:

I made an appointment to have another fill on Friday. I hope to get .1 or .2 cc's to 'tweak' my restriction again. I had what I thought was my 'sweet spot' for about a week and a half. Now it seems to have gone again. Has anyone had success with real small adjustments?

I just went from 2.00cc up to 2.25 cc i asked my doctor to go between the 2 numbers but he said he can't. which i do not believe him but did not feel like arguing with him would do any good,what about anyone else?do other doctors give smaller fills than .25cc

I had a fill yesterday of only .2 and i can definitely feel it today. My fills have all been .5 or less.

I am at 2.5 cc in a 4 cc band. The first two fills were 1 cc and the last one a month ago was .5 cc.

I still have great restriction and I have to remember to chew my food very carefuly.

I'm not even sure how much is in my 4cc band but right now it is too much, I had 4 fills, the last on the 11th and every day since then I've been getting tighter. I'm having a terrible time with my meds and got stuch on junior baby food this noon. I hope I don't get any tighter or I will need an unfill. By the way .25 of a cc is about as much as can me measured. There are 5cc in a teaspoon so a cc is not much.

To me, restriction means a tighting filling after eating (a type of pushed on pressure in the chest area). I try to be very careful with food getting stuck. I simply don't like the feeling. It is difficult to explain without using the terms Pb'ing, sliming, and intense "golf ball" (some other posters term) pain. In my case it is the worst experience and once it has happened to you- then you know. I hope that helps you to understand it....