Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your current fill in your 4cc band?

I am curious to hear how you will do with that much in there! Keep us posted!

Lisa the other thing I'd be concerned about is the fact that many times, the band will tighten up a week to 10 days after a fill. This was my experience with my last fill in particular.

But if all is well, then there is nothing to worry about.

Is your doctor's office close to where you live?

Keep us updated.

Paula

I am currently at 3.5cc in my 4cc band and still not at my sweet spot. I am losing weight slowly. Going for another fill today and hopefully this will do the trick!

Good luck everyone!

Kim

Banded 1/26/07

Dr Spivak

236/198/165

1st Fill 3/1 - 1.5cc

2nd Fill 3/22 - .5cc - total of 2cc

3rd Fill 4/12 - 1cc - total of 3cc

4th Fill 5/1 - .5cc - total of 3.5cc

.png

I am currently at 1.1 ccs in my 4 cc band. I was banded 12/06/06. Don't think I could tolerate anymore. Have good restriction.

Update: Had my 5th fill today and now at 4.2cc in my 4cc band! So far, so good! I think this one might have done it!!!! I hope my last 32 Lbs goes quick! I was down to 197 when I was weighed, thought I was 198 :) nice suprise! I asked if I could have more fills since I am at 4.2cc in a 4cc band and they said yes that I could go to 5cc or a little more! Good to know.

Kim

Banded 1/26/07

Dr Spivak

236/197/165

.png

I have 6.1cc in my 4cc band. I was very concerned with that fill amount at first but my doctor says amounts are really individualized per our anatomy. I have was banded on 10/31 and have only had 2 fills total. I am PBing probably 2-3 times/week, but not chewing well enough or slowly enough. I get in this cycle where I get really hungry and eat too fast. I need to try smaller more frequent meals. I am pretty happy with my restrictions. I have lost 47 pounds without really trying or exercising (although I have good intentions!).

Sooooooooooo discouraged especially afer reading everyones success(but happy for all of you). Had surgery 7/17/06 and have only lost about 30 lbs including presurgery liquid diet. Ok, i know most of the problem is my fault and i still eat candy and Cookies. But in all truth,even knowing the truth, i was hoping it would do some of the work for me. Sounds like some of us have that gift but i surly don't. My other issue is that i've had fills and unfills. I recently had a unfill becaus I could bearly eat at 3.4 and now at 3.3 i can eat tooooo much. My doc says he can't really fill in between those amounts. So discouraged. I should just accept my life time of obesity and be done with it. Ok, feeling sorry for myself and rambling, thanks for listening.

You are banded and you should let this tool work for you. If you went on a high Protein diet, you would get rid of the cravings for sweets and start to lose again. Don't let this surgery go to waste! Take advantage of it.

You are banded and you should let this tool work for you. If you went on a high Protein diet, you would get rid of the cravings for sweets and start to lose again. Don't let this surgery go to waste! Take advantage of it.

Good advice Denise, I agree, don't give up yet my dear. There are stories of people on here whose weight loss kicked in after the first 6 months. I'll try to think of who it was.......I don't consider myself a screaming success either. I read of people on this board who lost 100 pounds in the first year. I am no where near that success.

I hear you about the sugar addiction and yes, you can suck back a lot of calories on candy and junk that goes down all too easily. You really need to eat healthful foods. I need to remind myself of this every day when the cashews are too easy to grab and the ice cream goes down too well.

Love yourself enough to make a concerted effort to get exercise and eat healthful food. Proteins first, few veggies and bit of fruit. I also will have an Atkin's shake or similar for Breakfast or lunch and small meal in the evening.

hugs, let us know how you are doing

The other thing I have read about that I find interesting is the Omnipaque. Some band patients have that put in their band instead of the saline and it is a thicker substance that provides more friction for the food to pass, so therefore a fill of 1.0 saline is not as restrictive as 1.0 of Omnipaque....

Anyone here have Omnipaque in their band?

Sooooooooooo discouraged especially afer reading everyones success(but happy for all of you). Had surgery 7/17/06 and have only lost about 30 lbs including presurgery liquid diet. Ok, i know most of the problem is my fault and i still eat candy and Cookies. But in all truth,even knowing the truth, i was hoping it would do some of the work for me. Sounds like some of us have that gift but i surly don't. My other issue is that i've had fills and unfills. I recently had a unfill becaus I could bearly eat at 3.4 and now at 3.3 i can eat tooooo much. My doc says he can't really fill in between those amounts. So discouraged. I should just accept my life time of obesity and be done with it. Ok, feeling sorry for myself and rambling, thanks for listening.

mdg, please read this, I just did and it is a good reminder for us all.

Adjustments

I have Omnipaque in my band. First fill was saline but when I went back for another it was not there so they started using the Ominpaque, have not had any problems with losing that at all. Again, I am at 4.2cc in my 4cc band. Hopefully this will be my sweet spot. On liquids and mushies today so tomorrow I will try regular food and see what happens!

Good luck everyone!

Kim

Banded 1/26/07

Dr Spivak, Houston

236/197/165

.png

I just got a fill today and I have 2.5 in there now. I was excited

because last time he put 2.5 in there, I couldn't drink the Water

he gave me. This time I had no problem. He said that meant

I lost fat around my stomach. Yay!

I can already tell the difference. It was a lot harder to get

a Protein Drink down today.

I just got a fill today and I have 2.5 in there now. I was excited

because last time he put 2.5 in there, I couldn't drink the Water

he gave me. This time I had no problem. He said that meant

I lost fat around my stomach. Yay!

I can already tell the difference. It was a lot harder to get

a Protein drink down today.

That is great news Denise. When I have a good fill the next 10 pounds just fall off.

Go Denise go!!!

I am tempted to get another fill, but some days I am lose and others I am tight, so if I really worked at it, I am pretty confident that my final 25-30 pounds will come off with this fill. If not, I have lots of room for one more fill.

I hope so Paulax. Now that I have a good fill, I think it will be a lot easier to watch the portions. I have been worried about stretching my pouch, because it didn't seem like I was getting full.