Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your current fill in your 4cc band?

Went for a band consult - really to get the thing out and was surprised that my one fill without floro resulted in an inaccurate fill - i thought i was filled to 2.4 and found out only 2.1 was in there. The doc had nothing bad to say about the other doc but he did say when you don't have floro (sp?) it is really blind and sometimes when you take the needle out you lose Fluid. Also, had a long consult over lack of weight loss and they agreed my loss was 'pretty bad' but at least i haven't really gained - And, they suggested even more of an unfill so i could eat regular meals and Snacks. i've been thrilled in just two days cuz even tho i have to exercise some restraint in my eating i've enjoyed bandster meals - heck even if i don't lose still at least i feel like i'm eating. every meal before was a struggle to get it down and i was till pbing regularly. so many bandsters don't eat but one meal (solid) a day it seems like the norm but for me i can't hack it - i need food - solid food to be happy. So even after 13 months i'm still struggling to find the right fill - i will assess in one month and see what happens. Wish me luck, i need it.

I had my lap band surgery on 9/22/06. I had my second fill on 2/6/07 I now have 2cc. I now feel restricted. I have vomitted a couple times since this last fill. Eating too fast, eating too much, drinking Water too soon after eating. This is a learning experience. I am really watching it now. Feel free to email me at kamkriskort@yahoo.com

I had my fill last Tuesday, thrown up about 3 times eating too much and not chewing well.

How often should we be eating. I eat a small portion and in about 2 hours I am hungry again. So I am eating every 2 hours. Anybody else with this issue.

I started at 263 on 9/22/06 I weighed 2 weeks ago and I was 239.6 I will weigh on 2/22/06. I have decided to weigh once a month for now because I can get hooked on the scale.< /p>

Every doc and nutritionist says somethng different so you should go by what your doc says and what works for you - but i just had an extensive consult with my nutritionist and band surgeon and he said i could eat three meals and two Snacks a day - my snacks were suggested to be Calcium rich like a yogurt or small cup of milk - she said watch out for cheese (my weakness) but that was ok too in moderation. They she said each meal should have 1-2 oz of Protein, a vege, a fruit and a carb - the carb should be one USDA serving which includes 1 slice of bread, a few crackers or 1/2 cup of a starch - she said be careful with fats and stay away from oil (use pam and use the spray low cal salad dressing) she also said it is ok for me to eat my salad first as i love veges. I got an unfill and have been finally able to eat without every bite pryaing it goes down - i have to exercise more restraint now but i am so happy to eat like a 'normal' person. I have learned to stop before (way before) full and my head always wants more but i can do it. Chewing and going slow have taken me a year and it is still challenging at times.

As long as you are not pbing every day you are right it is a learning expereience - you don't want to get in a vicious cycle of pbing, getting swollen and doing it all again. Most docs want you to go on liquids for a length of time after a pb cuz of the swelling, even if you cant feel it.

I am almost 19 months post-op and I am at 1.6cc in my 4 cc band. I was at 1.8 and that was too tight, so I went back to 1.4 for several months, then we met in the middle at my last fill. ~Mandy

Just got back from my fill. Have now 2.5.

Feel EXCELLENT restriction, just what I wanted and now ready to tackle the last 50 pounds.

Am giving in and joining a gym next week. Each pound is harder to take off than the last, so must work harder.

Question: My surgeon does not require me to go liquid for a day or 2 after a fill. What is the purpose? I feel as though liquids is all I can take right now.

I had my second fill today, i wish i would have asked how much he put in there

the first fill was 1.9, so if I were to guess maybe he gave me 2.5 or 2.75

I am at 4.0 cc's in a 4.0 cc band with little restriction so far. I just got filled yesterday so I am hoping that something changes and the fill "kicks in" soon. I have been banded since 6/21/06.

I am at 4.0 cc's in a 4.0 cc band with little restriction so far. I just got filled yesterday so I am hoping that something changes and the fill "kicks in" soon. I have been banded since 6/21/06.

In the very same boat as you almost. I have a 4cc band. Been banded since August 1, 2006. I didn't really get any restriction until my sixth fill which put me at 3.9 cc. That is the first time I got any restriction that was real noticable. I have been doing great since then. My first doctor said that it is possible to fill a 4cc band to 5 cc's but I have also heard that any band can be filled to almost double what they say they can hold. I have 64 lbs to go until goal so I am hoping that is true because as I lose weight, restriction is fading which is extremely common. I was just worried I didn't have anywhere else to go. Hang in there, I know we are gonna be just fine.

Thanks so much for your reply. Unfortunately, I think I have a leak. I can tell that my fill level of 4.0 cc's did not "hold". My fill doctor can fill me with a thicker Fluid and that could work, but we will have to see what happens. I am going back in on Friday to see what's going on. I have had my fill doctor test me for a leak under x-ray before and he did not find a leak. I am really upset. I think maybe my port is not sealing off well and I am leaking afterwards on the way home. For some reason it's not leaking out right away which would show on the x-ray right after he fills me. I checked with my doctor to see how much it would cost if I happen to need a port replacement. I know that port replacements are not that uncommon. He wants $14,500! He said he would have to replace the entire band. That just doesn't seem right! I can't afford that anyway, so if that is what I need, I am going to have to do this on my own! I am scared!

He wants $14,500! He said he would have to replace the entire band. That just doesn't seem right! I can't afford that anyway, so if that is what I need, I am going to have to do this on my own! I am scared!

It looks like your current weight is 137 lbs. That is EXCELLENT! I don't know if I am reading that wrong. YOu have done great, What is your goal if you don't mind me asking.

My weight bounces around from about 137 to 143. I would be happy if I could just get back to 132 and stay there. I just have little faith that I can get back down without long term restriction. I have been working out Monday - Friday, 30 minutes on the treadmill and 15 minutes on the bike and lifting weights for months with absolutely no results. I am about 10 pounds heavier than when I got rebanded and I am worried that I will be another 10 pounds heavier in another 9 months! I am trying to be positive, but it's hard right now.

Just keeping track. It has been 2 weeks and a few days since my last fill...I have lost 10 pounds from this awesome fill. Now, I seem to be loosening up again and the weight loss has stopped. I have joined a gym and have worked out EVERY day since, so now I am being impatient aren't I?

I just think that every 10-15 pounds I must lose enough fat around my stomach that my band loosens up. According to MY goal, I am only 38 pounds from goal, but according to my BMI AND the new dumb gym, I am 58 pounds from goal.....s'cuse me while my eyes bug out.:omg:

58 pounds would take this near 6 ft girl to 160, nice thought but.....too skinnay for this 43 year old mother of 3....

Just jawing here, ignore...I am sure my initial 10 pound loss since my fill was too fast and my body is just catching up...I just get impatient....:guess

an over 2 fill! at thi spint i started at 182 dec 21 ive had a failed fillwher ei got a sepas obnstruction at 1.9 . and my dr had to come to the house ona staurday at midnight i think it was a bog Vitamin, your allso brave to be gettingthes ebig fills i cant even relate- we went bacl to 1.75 buit tell me if im right- as i loose the fillgets looser- that makes sense right? i fin ally hit 149 tpday- at 5'10 thats not fat= biut im looking for 135 or eveb 1225 would be a dream- i meaqn the guy who ha sthe 4 b and like me who now has a 4 fill,, that sounds insane and impossible when i regurtitate if i have the littlest fill, biut m y 1.75 was a few weeks ago, andnow im starting to fell like its getting "stretched:" i gues si jiust dont understand how this works, i kn o wi sound so dumb biut as i lose weight does the fillget looser? hbow do we get to 4? do we all need to get the fill that much? i juist kbno wthat at 1,9 i was FAR TOO RESTRICTED. so any advice or data about this id like to know.

thank you so much i lovethgis board, as its a hige secret in my world and i cant talk to anyone about this thing this is the only place i get real information, but when i read someone got an entire 4mm i freak out, i think id choke to death.

let me know ifyou knowo the score

gonnabe.

a size 4!~( even at this fill i only can manage a few tablespoons of food a day and am still onshakes and know better to takke b ig vitamibns ever again)

I've been happily banded now for 7 months and have 2.7cc's in my 4cc's, 9.75inamed lowprofile band and am so close to sweetspot if not on it that it's not even funny. It is working at it's optimal right now. Will update ticker when I have a good solid weight again.