Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your current fill in your 4cc band?

Going for 4th!!! fill tomorrow. Been banded since 7/17/06. I currently have 1.7cc/4cc band. Hardly any restriction, can still eat a lot of food. Sometimes I do get food stuck, depends on what it is and if I eat too fast. I'm frustrated and discouraged as I've only lost 9 lbs since surgery!!

Been banded since 7/10/06 have had 3 fills, 1st was 1.50, 2nd .75, and 3rd was .4 which puts me at 2.65 in a 4cc's band.

Banded on 9/4/06 and had my first fill yesterday 10/9/06.. I think he said 2.25 or 2.5cc in my 4cc band.. Not feeling much today but I'm still on liquids for the rest of the day... Guess I'll give it a few days and see what happens..

Stephanie

Okay this may seem like a silly little question but I had my 2nd fill on Thursday (Oct. 5th). Since that fill I have felt every little thing go through my pouch and it hurts. food is not neccessarily getting stuck, it's still going through but it hurts. Granted the foods have been a little dry. I just thought the food should hang out in the pouch a while instead of just go right through painfully.

I am wondering if I may need more fill so that the food stays in the pouch and digests a bit before leaving. I have not PB'd and it is mainly discomfort, not excrusiating.

Hi everyone. Now with my new fill I have been getting food stuck in my chest. I almost PB on the way home, I was eatting some chicken and it must have been too dry and it got stuck going down. I just have to eat slow. I have lost 19lb and I feel good.

i am on the tight side at this point. definitely had major restriction with 3.4ccs but that loosened after 4 months or so. now i'm up to 3.8ccs

I had my first fill today in my 10cc band of 1.5cc. The doctor said to do liquids for a few days so I guess I really won't notice restriction until the weekend when I try and eat something.

PatU

I was banded April 28, 2006 and believe it or not....I am at 4.25 in a 4.0 band. My doc says the elasticity in our band enables them to go up to 5.0 sometimes. It has taken 4 fills for me to get here and I am pretty restricted. I guess Dr. Fox likes to be aggressive in his fills. I have to make sure I chew really well or food does get stuck. My last fill was the end of September and my weight loss has kicked back in and I am down another 7 pounds in less than a month.

just got my second fill today. I am at 2.2....., weight 245, now ready to work hard at taking the next 35 pounds off.....

I am at 2.3 was 2.7 to tight was vomiting non stop now maintaining but need to start losing. little discouraged.

Banded nearly 11 months and am at 2.5cc in a 4cc band, which is doing zip for me at the moment. Three weeks ago I saw my doc and felt that I didnt need any more, I had fantastic restriction for about 3 weeks, lost a spurt of weight and its gone again now. I just ate a chicken and avocado and lettuce sandwhich on multigrain bread AND an apple for lunch. A healthy meal and not really a problem, BUT I'm not really losing anymore and its a heck of a lot for a bandster with that much fill. So I think I need a bit more, obviously I'm nearly at goal and dont have a lot of abdominal fat anymore so I guess I'm just going to have to go up to near full with my band.

I'm not sure I want to though, that's the thing. I like the freedom to eat well - I have no desire to eat now after that lunch whereas previously that wouldnt have filled me up, so I'm seriously thinking about the dreaded D-I-E-T to get to my goal weight, I might do Liteneasy for a while (home delivered calorie counted meals).

Three weeks ago I saw my doc and felt that I didnt need any more, I had fantastic restriction for about 3 weeks, lost a spurt of weight and its gone again now.

I was thinking today that it takes a LOT to learn what good restriction is. I have to drive 4 hours to get to my fill doc and I see him for 5-10 minutes in his office, no flouroscopy, and it is hard for me to gage what a good fill feels like drinking Water, so if you can get to your fill doc easily, just keep going for adjustments. Unless of course he charges for every visit.

I KNOW I feel better restriction today, ate almost next to nothing. Mushy day, tomorrow, I will test this fill. I am KIND of hoping this will take me into the new year. We will see.

So for now, 2.2 here.....good luck to all, lets make good food choices and exercise our asses off.:nervous

Banded 7 weeks and just filled on 10/16 to 1.6cc. Finally I have some restriction. I think I could use a bit more but I had no restriction as early as two weeks out from surgery on 8/31.

Michelle

I was banded on 9/20 and about 2 weeks later, was able to eat anything in any quantity. I was relying on willpower and discipline. Let's face it, if willpower and discipline were my strong suits, I wouldn't have needed the band in the first place. Needless to say (or confess), I was UP 5 lbs at yesterday's first fill. Very discouraged indeed.

The NP sat and explained everything in detail, answered all my questions. Even (at my urging) filled and unfilled a sample lapband to show me exactly what the band looks like inside me. I'm a visual learner and this helped me enormously. It's not as dramatic as I'd imagined.

4 cc band now has 1 cc fill. If I'm still getting hungry less than 4 hours after a shake or meal in a week, I can go in for a .25 or .5 cc additional fill. I can repeat the fills each week till I'm in the Green Zone of satiety. That was another little lesson that helped me understand how I should be feeling with too-little, optimal or too-tight restriction.

Post fill instructions: 2 days shakes only, 2 days of 2 shakes and one puree meal, 2 more days 2 shakes and one mushie meal, than onto solids and evaluation of hunger and restriction.

She also gave me a goal weight of 162! Says that's my healthy, less than 28 BMI weight. She said if I have a lower number in mind, that's up to me, but 162 will satisfy the doctor's health requirements for me. Seems like a bit much.