Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your current fill in your 4cc band?

Dear Makemelean (good name)... Yes, I am a RN. I was banded June 1, 2005. I initially lost approx. 50 pounds. I took a new job in quality review, had boughts with my asthma and bronchitis, was on predinisone, had my band fill out due to esophagitis and eventually gained all of weight back plus 5 pounds. I was so discouraged and angry at myself. I felt out of control. I was feeling horrible, run down and could feel my health deteriorating. My internal med doc suggested that I give it another try. (I switched doctors b/c mine was not supportive).

So I found a new doc, got a fill......it was too tightl.......had some taken out a few days later......and am doing better. I did lose 10 pounds, which made me feel great! I new it was a new beginning. I finally found like I found a right spot for me!

Right now I am vacationing and am having a bit of difficulty "restraining" myself. But, I have got to take it one day at a time and forgive myself if I screw up.

Good luck to you. I am glad you are on here getting support. I am loving this online support! I wish there was a convention that bandsters could go to! That would be cool!

First fill--1-cc--I was 251 pounds with my starting weight of 273. I got the second fill--june 13th--I was 243...So she did .6 for me.

Total of 1.6...I don't think I can do anymore--but we'll see. I may need to go to the next levelof .4 to make it a full 2 cc...I have tightness in the morning--somedays--it's evening. I have to see if I am down in the 230's by now...I have not gotten a weight since June 13th... I suspect I am right at about 237 by now

Dear nursinggal just read your reply 2 me (makemelean) I am still doing well I feel it in my clothes I will weigh tomorrow a.m. and see if I have more than 7 lbs off. It sounds like u r doing very well . It is so true the mind has to work with the band also. I feel restriction but I still feel hungry and want to eat. I am stopping tho with the restriction due to really feeling pain, and some vomiting at times. It kind of makes you afraid to eat. Have u had vomiting at times. Thanks 4 ur reply continued sucess and take care Waiting to hear from u again sincerely , makemelean ps. thanks for saying I picked a good name I thought it was appropiate

I currently have 2.4 cc's in a 4 cc band. I didn't eveer really have any restriction with this second fill. I am going for fill #3 next weekend.

I have been at the same weight, yo yoing a few pounds for the last few months, so I am looking forward to losing again. I could always eat anything I wanted.

I only had restriction right after surgury.

I just went in this week for my fifth fill and am now at 3.7 in my 4 cc band. My doctor said quite strongly that I won't be able to get any more fills. It's only been 2 days but so far it feels fine. Had some scrambled egg for Breakfast, 1/2 a piece of toast for lunch and am about to go out for dinner (night market with stalls of snack size food - should be good). Had fish & chips for dinner last night and managed a couple of bites of the fish and perhaps 4 fries? I think my issue is I must not let myself eat the soft/easy stuff. I need to make a note and put it in my kitchen - remember to eat Protein first, then veggies, then starch. And no Starbucks frap's for me. Am looking forward to finally getting out of the 220's and start heading down again. Been here too long now.

I was banded on 3/16/07. Just had my third fill yesterday (7/6) for a total of 2cc. Down 40 lbs. total. Haven't had any pbing at all yet, which is a good thing, I guess! :-)

Hey Make me Lean! I am so glad to hear from you. Are you vomiting or having productive burping??? That used to confuse me so bad. If you are truly vomiting, then you need to see your doctor, because excessive vomiting can cause band slippage. Please be careful with that.

I am noticing that during the day, I am more restricted than in the evening, which for me is bad, because that is when I want to EAT! I tell you what, this band is definitely a mind over matter thing for sure!

Keep me posted and keep it up. We just have to take this journey one day at a time.....one meal at a time!

Good Luck!

My 1st fill was 1.8 in my 4cc band on June 25 (4 weeks post-op). Can't really say I'm feeling alot of restriction yet. I haven't PB or slimed, but will power is still hanging in there. I have another fill scheduled Mid August, and I think my will power will hold me until then, but past history tells me there is definitely a limit to my self-control, but that's why I'm here!!!

Haven't been here for at least a week, but just wanted to comment on the variability of a fill 3.0 has been for me. I just went on a cruise with BEAUTIFUL and PLENTIFUL food and only a banded nervous person like me could lose weight. I was so nervous or something made me tight. FOr some reason travel makes me tight, I KNOW altitude should make any different, but perhaps retaining Fluid does. So anyway, I couldn't eat much, but got a taste of everything I wanted and came home about 3 pounds lighter...........have to say I am loving that.

I am glad to hear you got a fill from the good doctor Gilbert. I am here rooting for you my sister.

Tomorrow is my one year anniversary and I can NOT believe it. I am 85 pounds lighter, but SO much lighter in my mind. I feel like I have gained a new life.

Hugs to all my friends.

Keep losing.....hugs

Weight loss is in slooooooooooo moooooooooooooooootion!

But to be honest, I have been partaking much more alcohol this summer than usual and eating more of the bad stuff. But my fill is still pretty good.

I am going to be more serious about my good food this month and come September, I am gonna rock on hard. I am determined to beat the odds of a 60% weight loss. I am aiming to lose 100%..... 20-25 more to go.....

How is everyone else doing on their current fill.

I'd love to hear.

I am thinking, one more small fill to 3.2 and I will be there.

Was filled to 2.2cc. Got reflux and had all of it taken out 2 weeks ago.

Now I'm feeling really well and gained 4 lbs!!! : (

I'm ready to get back in gear!

I'll get my 2.2 back in a couple of weeks.

quote=TracyinKS;529130]3 rd fill yesterday ..... 3.5 cc's in my 4cc band...... liquids til tomorrow, and then I'll know how it does with solids.

Tracy and Gilbert, how do your fills feel?

I am wondering about getting a fill to 3.2..........just wondering how you are doing with yours....

I am filled at 4cc right now. I am at a good restriction and should last awhile. I get PB's when I eat to fast or the wrong things. I am hoping this will carry me to goal. My doc says they can put a little more Fluid than it says. Also he said sometimes it evaporates or loses some of the fluid.;)

I am at a stand still with weight loss this week, but I am praying that I am just compacting.