Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NO dreaming about food. And unlike so many threads I read I do not feel "tortured" by food I used to love when it surrounds me. I have ZERO appetite for anything and am just eating bc I HAVE to. Hot tea is the only thing I enjoy now. Maybe this is good but it seems odd when I'm reading all the other posts. Surgery date 7/23/12.

surgery 8/13 lol and I sleep amazing, but my dreams are all about food, and mt dew. lol I dream I forget I am sleeved and I just start eating and I am not getting full and my sleeve isn't working, and then I'll drink soda and think "I am not supposed to drink this but it goes down so easy" lol and when I am awake I have no problem being around food, I don't feel deprived, just my dreams lol

Too funny...last night I dreamed I ate an entire french dip sandwich and thinking WOW how was I able to way the whole thing!!

I woke up this am and had to actually think about if it really happened. Boy, the things your brain comes up with!!

Just saw your additional post.

I am almost 5 weeks out and this was the first time I dreamed of food.

I too have had no desire for food which is a very odd feeling...sorta of like having an out of body experience. My whole perspective on food has changed. We'll see how long the non interest in food lasts (hopefully for quite awhile....I love the weight loss though)

During the first two weeks post op I would have vivid food dreams that I ate a giant meal and then suddenly realized I should not have done that. I would be so relieved to wake up and realize it was only a dream. Once I got to the soft food phase, not only did I never have those dreams again, but I am amazed at how little desire I have for food. I eat because I know I need the nutrition, but I really have zero interest in most foods. I used to marvel at people who viewed food that way and always longed to be that person. I had read so much about head hunger and that you still have to battle your old eating habbits etc, so I was afraid that my emotional eating would follow me for life. NOPE! I hope that doesn't change!

Its funny when drug addicts stop using they also have dreams of using. I guess it is true an addict is an addict

Sent from my SPH-D700 using VST

My surgery was 13 August too, I avoided watching tv for a few days as I was scared I'd want the food advertised, I found quickly that my mind was saying "that looks nice" and that's it. I didn't want it, I'm having to force myself to take the Protein Shakes and Soups. I just don't want them. No mourning here.

NO dreaming about food. And unlike so many threads I read I do not feel "tortured" by food I used to love when it surrounds me. I have ZERO appetite for anything and am just eating bc I HAVE to. Hot tea is the only thing I enjoy now. Maybe this is good but it seems odd when I'm reading all the other posts. Surgery date 7/23/12.

I'm waiting to feel that also...I'm only 16 days out. I started the mushy stage and thought I was going try all these foods but I have no cravings and it seems more like a pain to eat than it's worth...I just dint want to. I don't miss food and don't mourn it or dream about it. I'm waking for this to change, when I want to eat again. I'm pretty much still doing 2 Protein shakes/day to get the Protein in. I'm sure it will cone with time when I will want regular food.

I was sleeved on July 30 and have not had food dreams. I went to a cookout today, and it was the first time I was a little frustrated at not being able to eat. It was mainly because I felt awkward and kinda because I wanted a cookie. Other than that, I am very disinterested in food. I can still taste something I like and find that it tastes good, but I am ok not eating it. Does anyone else find this EXTREMELY liberating?

Tracey how far out r u?

10 weeks

I can still taste something I like and find that it tastes good, but I am ok not eating it. Does anyone else find this EXTREMELY liberating?

Yes!! It is EXTREMELY liberating!

@Texarkolina, what foods are you eating? I also had my surgery on the 30th. I'm so scared to try foods because I don't want to feel sick I tried mash potatoes and didn't like it. I can eat a very small amount of tuna so I just went back to liquids but my Dr, isn't to happy about it. So please share how are u coming alone