Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Former Obese Ppl Judging Obese Negatively? Wtf...

What kind of stupid question is that? So you tell me a victim of a bully should grow up to be bully? That is what you are basically saying. If youve been in someone else shoes and you actually understand the hardship they are going through daily, you're telling me You should treat them the same way You were once treated? If you TRULY believe that we have nothing to talk about.

Smokers hating ex-smokers is a different story. This is more emotional

You misread part of his post. He mention EX-smokers acting superior to CURRENT smokers, not the other way around. Bullying is not an addiction, all the other things mentioned are. IMO anybody who's walked that path and got over their addictions should have sympathy for those who are still stuck.

I agree that we have nothing to talk about' date=' as evidenced by your disrespectful tone. What's the point in attacking me for positing a different perspective? Extremely rude and unnecessary. Nevermind the fact that you misrepresented what I said. Duh[/quote']

Please do me a favor and walk away. How can I possibly attack you when I don't even know you? If I'm attacking ANYTHING it's your perspective in choosing to play devils advocate.

I'm sure some posts are out of bounds' date=' but from what I've seen here, I think the motivation behind most of the responses to "I ate the wrong thing" etc. are from the standpoint of "tough love." Sometimes we NEED to have our butts kicked when we screw up. Support me, sure, but scold me if I need it too. The OP's example from his own life is definitely out of line though, and I agree, hard to understand.[/quote']

That's what you guys are not understanding. I'm not referring to addictions I'm referring to a persons sense of being after playing BOTH sides of the fence. No former obese person should discriminate against another obese person ESPECIALLY after walking in their shoes for so long.

I agree 100%. I mentioned addictive behaviors because you brought up bullying and "Smokers hating ex-smokers" which is not the same as ex-smokers hating smokers. That would be similar, and is what minxie said. Just clearing up points in the conversation. We do agree on the substance of this discussion, as I stated above: "IMO anybody who's walked that path and got over their addictions should have sympathy for those who are still stuck." I hope your friend has a change of heart.

Kumbaya, people.

Oh yes: the militant ex-smoker. I know many.

I will confess to turning into a health-food snob and I'm always trying to push to no sugar, not overly processed food, high Protein, low carb thing. I have also caught myself thinking how horrible it would be to be like the super-obese woman I saw in the ride-on shopping cart with all the crud in the basket.

I think all-in-all that I am a nice person, but I had to remind myself that I was 50 pounds from being that woman. I was so sleep deprived from sleep apnea that I would sit down and instantly fall asleep anywhere and snore loudly only to wake up to hear people laughing at me.

I would never be openly mean or hurtful to a person, but I sure better get my head in order as well as my mouth.

Why does anyone pick on, castigate, beat on, or criticize other people? Because they see something in others they don't like in themselves. Formerly overweight people who are nasty to people who ARE overweight are like that because they hated being fat themselves.

It works that way with a lot of different forms of hate. Case in point: in high school I got tormented by certain guys because I was gay. I ended up seeing most of them in gay bars years later. Straight guys who have no sexuality issues with themselves usually don't care if another guy is gay (unless they're extremely ignorant and/or stupid). But these guys obviously had problems with their own sexual orientation and they took it out on me.

It's human nature and most people don't have the intellectual sophistication or strength of character to overcome it.