Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Issues Contacting Insurance Coordinator

Did anybody here had a hard time getting a hold of your Dr's office insurance coordinator? Because I have left several messages at several times and different questions and I have not even received a call letting me know that she got the call but can't talk or a letter or something. So at this point I don't know if she already sent the paperwork to the insurance company or it is sitting on her fax/desk waiting to be looked at.... I am pretty upset because my last requirement was sent to them on August 2nd and I had to call them to make sure they had everything and make sure they would send it to the coordinator. Now I don't even know if she received it and if she already sent it over to cigna. Do you think Cigna can tell me if they got something??? UGH!!!

I have Cigna. My paperwork was faxed over on Thursday. Today, I got a letter from Cigna ( copy of letter for Surgeon ) asking for more info.

Have you tried emailing the coordinator? Mine contacts me thru email mostly.

I can reach her, but she's VERY busy. I'd call Cigna and ask them directly if they have everything they need.

I called Cigna, to check up on the doctor's office numerous times. That's how I found out they lied about submitting my paperwork.

Yep..same problem here called her today to find out if my info was sent in and went straight to voicemail so i called cigna and found out that i was denied called my coordinator back and went straight to voicemail again with a message she will return phone calls after 24 hours well i dont want to wait 24 hours i want to know now and why cigna is saying they are not a contracted bariatric center of excellence when they are and cigna didn't even finish looking at my file....I mean did she forget to submit a paper or info stateing this or what but im going to keep calling and leaving messages until she calls me back and gives me answers or i will go up in person if i have to and talk to someone i mean come on i didn't spend all this time and money just to be left in the dark and when was she going to let me know i was denied??

So yes call cigna and tell them you want to find out the status..they can tell you if they receive anything so at least you will know where you stand....good luck :)

Thank you guys! I will be calling soon! Good luck to all of you and have an amazing day!

I had better luck through e-mail. I also had called my insurance company directly and they were very helpful (Blue Cross Blue Shield). Good luck!

I would call Cigna, they have records of where they are in the process. I know I had a little trouble getting people to get back to me. It's very frustrating, but I'm sure they're incredibly busy too. If you have been calling for more than a week or two, I would think about seeing if there is another person in the office that you can contact. It will eventually go through, hang in there!

Hey!

So I called the Dr. Coordinator one more time before calling Cigna and SHE answered!! I was so surprised.... So she told me she sent it yesterday so I was happy with that. I then called Cigna to make sure they had received it and they said they received it today. So now I just have to wait for the approval. Hopefully it is not too long of a wait.

Thanks for the support!