Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved Yesterday 8.9.12, Home Today

I'm in such a weird place. I came home and laid on my bed where I've laid the past 4 months counting the days til surgery. The night before it felt like I was on speed I was so excited. Today I laid down and thought- now what. There's almost this sense of let down. It's weird. Anyone else experience this? I'm really sore and feeling a little crummy. Just took my pain meds and am hoping to get some sleep tonight.

Michele

Yes...I did feel that, but more today than when I first got home. I'm 8 days out. My biggest advice, take the time to heal, love yourself and be gentle....this is your time :) Each day will bring a different experience, different pains/discomforts and each day is an improvement. I didn't take the pain meds during the day, only at night so I could ensure a good sleep...I hope you have a good sleep! :). Day 4 seems to be the turning point for most people, including myself. I think as each of us go through this new journey, you just have to learn what works best for you. All I can say is get in as much liquid as possible....at first you'll think there's no way I can get in all this liquid....and for the first 4-5 days it is nearly impossible, but then you'll wake up one day and it will just go down easier. ]All I know so far, is that each day is a new day and being new at this, I think there's a lot to learn with an open mind and heart :) I hope tomorrow is a great day for you! Best of luck!!!

One day in the hospital? That's fast!! Besides feeling crummy and let down, are you ok? Pain wise? Gas? Acid reflux?

I'm having mine on 8/21. I wasnt scared until I started to read peoples stories!!

From what i've read, things should get better for you!

Judy

Judy,

Overall I am OK. I read stories too but made up my mind I was going to be alright. I'm sore at the incision points especially the one that was used to remove the stomach. Kaiser only has you stay over night which is good and bad. Good because I had people coming in to check on me and take tests and bad because all those people aren't hovering around :) Pain is minimal, my belly is distended from all the trauma I guess and no acid refulx. Here's hoping that each day is better and don;t be afraid. I know in the end this is the best thing I could do for me.

Best wishes for you.

Michele

Judy' date='

Overall I am OK. I read stories too but made up my mind I was going to be alright. I'm sore at the incision points especially the one that was used to remove the stomach. Kaiser only has you stay over night which is good and bad. Good because I had people coming in to check on me and take tests and bad because all those people aren't hovering around :) Pain is minimal, my belly is distended from all the trauma I guess and no acid refulx. Here's hoping that each day is better and don;t be afraid. I know in the end this is the best thing I could do for me.

Best wishes for you.

Michele[/quote']

I was slated to stay in the hospital for only one day but did not feel comfortable going home because of muscle spasms. The surgeon agreed, prescribed lorazapam a few times and I was able to go home the next morning. Still sore but getting better everyday!

Good luck!

That's normal hospital day of 24hrs I stayed a day surg 2 weeks ago 27lbs down my mom had her yesterday and home today and she is walking normal..i did feel a little insane in the membrane because I decided to take 6 weeks off and I needed to get out the house. I'm better now that I'm driving. I'm use to going out to eat and having cocktails if I'm taking time off so it was different to me and I could only watch so much tv

Hi all! My procedure is scheduled for 8.21.2012. I am pretty good with pain so I am not really worried about the pain and soreness. I think what I am most concerned about is my history of acid reflux...I am glad to see you didn't have an acid issue. I have been on the mandatory liquid diet which is two weeks prior to surgery, and have lost like 14 pounds since 8.6.12. Take it one day at a time and you will be fine...that's all we can do right? :)

Lookin at the positive always helps. You've lost 23 pounds already, that's awesome girl!! Think about how healthy and wonderful you will feel ....the new things in life you will be able to explore which you never did our of shame or whatever. I have never been an active person...so I dream of the day when I can get out there and do something out of the box for me, like run in a marathon or something! Keep dreaming baby!! :)