Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It been day 5 since I had surgery I can't keep nothing down ;( it hurts to drink walk and even talk all I can do is text and that alls today I threw up so much my mom was worry but I was able to sleep and try not to.worry myself. Idk what to do I'm lost

I just had my surgery on Monday. I am right there with you. I just feel like crying. It hurts to drink Water sometimes!

It been day 5 since I had surgery I can't keep nothing down ;( it hurts to drink walk and even talk all I can do is text and that alls today I threw up so much my mom was worry but I was able to sleep and try not to.worry myself. Idk what to do I'm lost

I had surgery Monday too. The first few days home were rough, but manageble. I havnt been able to tolerate too much more the Clear liquids. Today I did manage some pudding and a little Protein. I just keep the goal line in sight when I feel bad. It does hurt to drink so I just take tiny sips as often as I can. It is a process to go through, but I know I will come out better and stronger in the long run!

I keep reading where people were fine after day 2 or 3...I just don't get it. I am still having a lot of pain. I keep thinking the more I sleep, the faster it will be over.

I am so sorry. This is day 3 post op for me, and I too am not feeling as well as I thought I would. I guess the good news is I am finally keeping down Clear Liquids, but not anything else. I just keep hoping its like childbirth where the reward will be so great in the end that we will forget how miserable this was.

I am so sorry your feeling bad! What is your Doctor saying? What are you taking for the nausea? If you can get the throwing up under control, you'll rest better, and may help with the pain. Remember, small sips, if your drinking cold drinks, switch to warm/hot. Good luck, Hugs and prayers coming your way!

I'm ten days post-op. I found that taking tiny sips of room temperature or warm clear liquids helped a great deal in the beginning. Taking anything bigger than a sip made my gut feel like it was going to split, the pain was so bad. So, I just sipped, sipped, sipped all day long. I'm doing well now and can take in more.

Call your doctor. It might help you if you could get some anti-nausea medication.

Look we will all have a little pain. This is what we signed up for. I love this site. We can all feel each others pain. I am 8 days out. And walking walking walking. It's helps. With the pain. Also try to change up your liquids. And take a nice warm shower. Also it doesn't hurt to ask your partner to rub your legs and feet. But we are all here for each other

Hello tabbymonroe , happy your surgery sad your feel bad ... I was wondering when I was gone hear an up date .. Hang in there cause I'm praying for u

Tabby and others,

Hopefully your docs sent you home with pain meds (liquid). If not, do request something and know it is okay to use it. Get rest and sip, walk, sip. Don't worry about Protein, just make sure you get your fluids in. Dehydration sets in quickly and will make you nauseous. If you are real uncomfortable always best to listen to your body and either all your surgeons office or go to ER. you may not be comfortable laying flat either...get pillows for your tummy and side.

Best to you.

I'm feeling much better today, too. Actually going to venture out and visit some people. Seems like I'm really over the hump now. Thank goodness!