Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Was Yesterday Aug 6

I had my surgery Tues. Aug 7th about noon. I had a prolonged reaction to the anesthesia. So nauseous I couldn't do anything on post op day 1. It was much better today, though, so I am finally home!

I'm curious about the gas. Are we talking gas' date=' like stomach gas, which passes out your mouth? Or the other end? Or are we talking gas because they filled your internal cavity with it to make room for the surgery? In which case, how does it come out? Can't imagined GasX would help that.

Either way I'm jealous that you're done and wish you luck!

My ticker below shows me jumping through insurance hoops![/quote']

The gass referred to is the co2 that is injected into your abdominal cavity to give the surgeon room to work. They get out what they can, but there is always a little bit left that the body has to absorb & expel.

TBH I don't think Gas-X really helps, but if it makes someone feel better, then great. (placebo effect)

I'm curious about the gas. Are we talking gas' date=' like stomach gas, which passes out your mouth? Or the other end? Or are we talking gas because they filled your internal cavity with it to make room for the surgery? In which case, how does it come out? Can't imagined GasX would help that.

Either way I'm jealous that you're done and wish you luck!

My ticker below shows me jumping through insurance hoops![/quote']

The gas seems to be from the surgeon pumping it in to make room. It is disappating, but slowly. Walking does help it pass both ways. I don't think gas x will work as it isn't intestinal gas causing the problem, but if It works for some why not?

I also had to jump through insurance hoops! Hang in there you will get there! It took me 8 months but compliance became my middle name lol! That is what tipped the scales so to speak! Good luck to you!

Hi everyone! I had my sleeve on Aug 6,2012 as well. I am also having gas issues. The only other pain is on my lower right side. I am told that is where they did most of the work. I can't wait to feel good again. Good luck to all of my surgery sisters & brothers!

I also had surgery on August 6th and came home yesterday, feeling better each day! Stomach is very sore and I'm sipping ,resting and walking as much as i can......lots of gas pains in the chest area...ready to get on with this journey!

Day 4 post op now. Cold fluids are too painful but warm tea is my best friend. Able to get in 40 of the 60 oz I'm supposed too. Started full liquids today but they caused too much gas pain so I'm backing off a bit. Protein starts day 7. I have the Isopure flavored glass bottles. Thin and easy to get down.

I was on Aug 6 gas pain pressure is no joke tell me what yall are drinking

I was on Aug 6 gas pain pressure is no joke tell me what yall are drinking

Surgery was also aug 6th. The only thing I seem to be able to comfortably tolerate is hot tea and cream Soup. A little greek yogurt, but that makes the gas worse. My surgeon told me to take milk of magnesia, which I just did. Waiting on the results to see if it helps at all. Water isn't my friend, but I drink it anyway. I also just. Bought some almond milk to give it a whirl. Good luck to you!

Ok thanks trying different to ugh hard to walk like every one suggests im trying

Ok thanks trying different to ugh hard to walk like every one suggests im trying