Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone From Buffalo, Ny Out There?

BUFFALO................

whats going on with you guys!!!!

holy moly

feel so bad for you :(

@@kimmerzj29 sorry doc appt was cancelled :(

look at the bright side - at least you weren't scheduled for surgery today!!

put on your hats, scarves and gloves (coat optional LOL)

come on over for unjury hot chocolate :)

we'll sit around the gas fireplace

share our stories, ask our questions, stay warm, and gab :)

if you can't come over, i understand ;)

warm thoughts being sent your way from syracuse (we're cold here too, but hardly any snow)

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

Exactly I'm glad my area wasn't hit with all the snow and I'm praying for all the people who have!! It's been a rough week for them all!!! And I just hope no more lives are lost!! My appointment can be rescheduled but this storm is just unbelievable! And I feel for everyone involved and wish there was something I could do

Hi all! New here but have enjoyed reading all the posts. I was suppose to meet w dr Hoffman on the 18th too but snovember jinxed that-but met with him today. Would've loved to get in before for new year, but i did get a surgery date and will be starting my New Year on Jan 19th!

Quit smoking tobacco (and busted my ass to lose 20lbs) and went on the ecig which all the nurses said was acceptable but not to the dr! Beginning tomorrow (lol) I've got to quit the Nicotine and get through the holidays without gaining weight...

Signed....

nervous, excited, anxious and scared!

Jenngf5 hi there welcome I've made some progress finally I'm getting to meet with my surgeon on dec 22 I still have to do the Cpap for a period of time first but I'm supposed to be getting a tentative date toward end of jan it's been so long since July doing all these tests just glad to finally see a light at the end of the tunnel

Welome new folks!

I finally have insurance approval and a surgery date (early Feb). That was a long slog, to get through all the testing and meetings and appointments. I'm actually really glad my date isn't until Feb; now I can enjoy the holidays with family and friends and not start thinking about planning for surgery (I'm a planner - my whiteboard will be involved lol) until the new year. It's been so much of my focus for so long now (since August), it'll be nice to focus on normal stuff for a few weeks.

Right now I'm wondering if I should buy or rent a recliner for post-op. Buying seems excessive (recliner won't fit my decor at ALL) but I dunno...does anyone know of a place where I can rent one locally?

Congrats on your surgery date!! 2015 is our new year!

From what I heard from the dr they really want you up and moving but if you don't have a comfy couch of which you can toss a pillow under a cushion to help you get up off it during the first few days I'm sure that you could rent one from one of the medical stores or even like a rent-a-center though that may be a rip off.

I have a high bed I can roll off of. And I'm going to have to train my goldens to be working dogs!

Good luck with the whiteboard! I'm going to be updating my calendar, arranging rides for my youngest son, putting my 18 yr old to work and making "honey do lists" too after the holidays!

Keep us posted on progress. Merry Christmas and Happy New year!!!

My husband is from Lackawanna. We live in Naples Florida now will be back up in Buffalo in February I'm scheduled to have a gastric sleeve done on December 29th I have a lot of and now they are converting me. any thoughts?

I am so irritated right now, so I went to see dr hoffman at buff general 2 weeks ago, I was supposed to schedule my surgery but he said he wanted to see me lose at least another 5 pounds and he gave me 2 weeks to do it, was told that when I come back in 2 weeks and I've lost the 5lbs I can walk right over to his secretary and schedule my date!!!! Sooo for 2 weeks I busted my ass and did great and lost that 5lbs!! Went to my appointment saw the nutritionist, she told me how great I did then proceeds to tell me that dr hoffmans Secretary left early and was not there To schedule! So now I have to wait 2 weeks because she'll be on vacation!!! I'm so frustrated right now!!! My edg was rescheduled, had to wait an additional month from the date I was supposed to have it done, and the first time I was supposed to meet with dr hoffman was rescheduled!!! So now I wait again and this time it's for the date I've been waiting for!! They tell you to not get discouraged but how are you not supposed to when everything just seems to be prolonged!! I can only take so much!!

Oops. I've been going round and round since August and really wanted to get in before the end of the year. I even lost the 5% before my first appt. I finally have a date for mid January but not first without getting told DO NOT GAIN WEIGHT over Christmas and new year! So no Cookies for me this Christmas. Enjoy your holiday knowing that you will see him soon and have your date! Good luck and stay strong!

Thanks guys!! Ya I was told that today too oh don't gain weight during the holidays this 2 week holiday weeks will fly by!!! I just for once in my life want to enjoy the holidays and the food without worrying about it, I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a cookie or piece of pie without feeling guilty about it...I feel that sometimes they just don't understand, it's the holidays and it's so hard, when I went in two weeks ago the nurse scolded me cause I had stuffing on thanksgiving it's like really...it's thanksgiving out of 4 months I had one day I cheated and she was upset!!!! It's going to be tough but I'm just gonna get they this and keep doing what I'm doing! And hope for the best!!! Good luck on your journeys too!' Sorry for the rant lol

I can relate at my last appt I was told the same thing I admitted to having pumpkin pie on thanksgiving and although I still lost 10 lbs that month I was still made to feel as I was some kind of pig with this "I'm so disappointed in you look" I ate little of anything else except turkey guess I should have kept my mouth shut got a lecture that if I " let myself get crazy" that I'll be pushed back to start over until I can get "control of myself" have my meeting with my surgeon on mon will finally be given a date I'm told probly end of jan to mid February sometime I know how u feel about everything taking so long once I was told I was seeing dr and I got there was told he wasn't there that day I was freakin fuming! I started this in late July was told 3 months hmm has been 5 already by my surgery will closer to seven or eight months u just don't get real answers from anyone when I was leaving dr office last time one of the girls working there said she had lost a lot of wieght too and I asked her which procedure she had and she says " oh no I lost it the hard way I just eat healthy" nice attitude for someone working in bariatrics so nice to be ridiculed in a dr office

Afternoon.

I had my sleeve done monday 12/15/14.

I'm looking for a few people to talk too that are post-op for a month or more.

I live on the east side of Niagara County. I'm open to meeting in person, talking on phone, ect....

I just want to gain some knowledge and learn from your expreiances so I can be as successful as possible...

Thanks, Paul.

My god. Seriously, you guys, this kind of treatment from your surgeon and his office staff is NOT OK. I'm so sorry you are all going through this. This whole process is hard enough without being treated like a naughty child, having your time devalued, and being ridiculed.

I'm really pissed off on your behalf, all of you who are being treated like this. You are adults with legitimate HEALTH issues, and are being responsible enough to address those issues. You are PAYING these people, you are the customer and should be treated with respect at all times. I'm so sorry; I just don't know what I would do if I were in your shoes.

Shellyd88 so sorry you had to go threw that!!! It really stinks!! He shorty part is that I absolutely love my

Surgeon but his office staff sucks!! I'll be sure to mention all of this when I see him, he Probley didn't even know his secretary left early that day because he was on vacation too(him and his wife are having a baby) and thanks yellowallpaper it is just ridiculous the way the staff is treating they are supposed to be supportive and help us thru the process bit yell at us for a slip up...I spoke to the office manager while I was there so hopefully that helped some!