Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone From Buffalo, Ny Out There?

Good morning! Here it goes....got to be at hospital in less than a hour.

Thanks for all the support on found in these forums.

Wishing you the best:)

Ok. Made it through day zero post op. Felt like I did a bazillion crunches and today maybe just a zillion.

"Gas or belly air" hurt my shoulders worse than my belly I think but still manageable on the pain scale. Would've been nice to be warned of that

And I finally peed'd again so I get to go home today!!!

Looking forward to at least being in my own home.

Best of luck and speedy recovery to all you guys!!!

Ok. Made it through day zero post op. Felt like I did a bazillion crunches and today maybe just a zillion.

"Gas or belly air" hurt my shoulders worse than my belly I think but still manageable on the pain scale. Would've been nice to be warned of that

And I finally peed'd again so I get to go home today!!!

Looking forward to at least being in my own home.

Best of luck and speedy recovery to all you guys!!!

Oops!!!! When that gas hits your shoulders, that's the worst!!! Ugh!!!!

Jenngf5 hey glad u made it thru! Sorry your uncomfortable hopefully it will improve when I met with my surgeon I was warned about the gas pain I'm with dr posner at bflo gen surgery February 24 I was told I'd hear from his office after holidays re last pre op visit and pre op testing but haven't heard anything yet how close to your surgery did u do the last visit and pre op testing ? I'm getting anxious that I haven't heard anything hope u have a great recovery

Thanks. Same office with dr Hoffman. Since I've been home running a low grade fever but will call in morning if continues. I also have an extra incision and hernia repair. Feeling better now that I'm home and in my own home. Even took a shower. Tomorrow will be a true test to see how much Water and Protein I can get in.

Best of luck to you!!! They gave me this final three week preop schedule during my surgeon visit. Included bloodwork on 29th, visiting my PCP the first week of January and final weigh in visit on the 13th the week before surgery. It wasn't until the appt on the 13th that they gave my some sample post op meal plans and pre op basically one say diet.

I said something to the nurse practitioner and she indicates they give info in stages as to not over whelm and kinda scolded me for being in this forum. Lol. I'm glad I've found this place.

Jenngf5 hey glad u made it thru! Sorry your uncomfortable hopefully it will improve when I met with my surgeon I was warned about the gas pain I'm with dr posner at bflo gen surgery February 24 I was told I'd hear from his office after holidays re last pre op visit and pre op testing but haven't heard anything yet how close to your surgery did u do the last visit and pre op testing ? I'm getting anxious that I haven't heard anything hope u have a great recovery

Shellyd88. I'm sure they will be getting u in there around the first week of February ...did u ask which holiday? Lol. You can always call and ask tomorrow. I'm sure they are days away from scheduling you.

The weeks before I was very anxious. I am glad it is behind me and now I just need to focus on recovery.

Oops!!!! When that gas hits your shoulders, that's the worst!!! Ugh!!!!

Finally subsiding. I don't care how it comes out and I've been saying excuse me a lot. Oh well.

Jenngf5 lol at what holiday was dec 22 when I saw him so I assumed after New Years as they were going to be shut down for a week I was told his secretary was out sick and would contact me after holidays I was given a surgery date by the young girl Michele I don't want to be a pest just want to be sure everything is still on track lol anyways thanks for responding I'm sure u feel better just being home Get some rest Hope u have continued good recovery experience and feel better every day Can't wait for my turn!!!

Hi~

This is my first post and I am just looking around for some hints or information on my upcoming

surgery. Have found some interesting things and advise which I am sure will prove make things

easier or at least know some of the things that may happen.

Welcome! I didn't post a thing until the count down began. Kind of lurked in the shadows reading. ????

The folks on here Ive found to be very supportive but remember everyone's journey is different.

Best of luck to you on the road to a new you!

@@Jenngf5 hi! I sure hope your feeling better yes I talked to Leslie turns out my boss changed insurance for the 2nd time in 2 monthsI found out when none of my cards worked and I couldn't get a RX what a circus so when I found this out I called there to be sure they have the right info she said she was going to be working on my file this week and that she was glad I told her about the insurance before she did my paperwork and that my pre op will be the week before surgery that's all I was told is that how it went for u? How much notice do they give you to come do the pre op stuff?