Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Check In November 2012 Sleevers!

Sleeved 11/19

Start weight 289

6/3/13 weight 187

Down 102 lbs...holy crap...still have like 40 lbs to go...I was stalled a little but I changed up my routines and that seemed to help...excited for everyone

post-343832-13813140488172_thumb.png

[ATTACH]13675[/ATTACH]

You look fantastic. Congratulations.

Well. . . I am just about 6 months post op now. I was warned that wt. loss would slow down considerably at this point in the journey. My Fibromyalgia pain has returned with a vengeance with the cool and damp of winter arriving. I had been warned that this might happen as well post operatively. I have been laying of my cross-trainer, which I had been doing 50 min. a day, Mon. through Fri. Combine these things and I am feeling the pain of very poor wt. loss at the moment. I have also listened to a few long term WLS folks on here in the chat room, lamenting not doing all they could have/should have during their 1st 18 months post op. I am concerned. I also need to work on getting my head into this more consistently. I don't want to be one of those people say if only i had . . . . whatever.

I leave for an extended visit in the U.S. soon, and will be living with my 90 yr. old dad, who hasn't seen me since months before my surgery. I need to establish the game plan/rules when I get there. Hopefully, the warm of summer will help me feel better and get moving again, literally. I will be in the U.S. up until almost the 1 year mark of my sleeve surgery that was on 11/29/12. Hopefully, I can get re-motivated and inspired for the next 6 months, to make the best possible gains during this time. The last 6 months of the "golden window" will be spend back here in New Zealand, in the summer months here.

How are the rest of you staying motivated and active? I am not being totally bad, but feeling somewhat less inspired, how about you? I try to appear regularly in the chat room to share my experiences with others, which helps me stay on the right path, but sometimes, it is less easy than at other times on this journey. Do tell your tricks and inspiration. :rolleyes:

I don't have a lot of advice because I didn't even realize I had to worry about this 18 month thing.

I did have to stop my walking due to my knee, and it is what I did everyday. So I have been trying to get tot he gym to do non impact work.

My motivation is how good I feel, how nice it is when people see me and give me so much positive feedback, and my WLS support group. I also have 2 reunions of old friends coming up in 2 months.

Maybe get in touch with what makes you the happiest about your weight loss and let that be your motivation. Good luck and continue to keep us posted.

Ainslee

I finally went in to my 6 month appt. I hate the dr scale bcuz it said 158.8#. Well my scale says 156.2#. He says I'm 2# away from what he thought I would hit. I'm hoping to hit 150# during the summer! I'm happy overall bcuz total weight lost is 67#! Thank God for this sx:-) thanks to my hubby pushing me to do it!

highest weight 224#<br />sx weight 213# (11/20/12)<br />current weight 157#(5/25)

I'm at 85lbs lost as of this morning. 33 more to go :). I'm wearing a medium top and a 10 on the bottom. I couldn't imagine doing this without my surgery. So happy I did it!

Last night I weighed myself and I FINALLY weigh less than my husband! By two pounds! Woo-hoo! When I went to my 6 month checkup, I had met my surgeon's goal for me and was told I could skip my 9 month check up. I am quite content where I am at. food and Vitamins are still a struggle. I focus on Protein. I have slowed to about 4-6 lbs per month and I am often gaining and losing the same couple of pounds when I weigh myself but at the end of the month I still have a net loss. I am in small tops and size 8 bottoms at NY&CO. I ordered a pair of medium yoga pants from Old Navy and they are a bit big! Unfortunately all this weight loss has cause me to go down several bra sizes too. I need to get measured again. After being a DD I never thought that implants would be on my radar but they are now!

SW/HW: 224

CW: 155 (surgeon's goal was 168)

I am still overweight per BMI but I feel thin. And people tell me I look skinny so who knows. I just wish I could eat food without feeling sick. It's just not fun so I tend to not eat. I know that's not good but I hate feeling bad. Wonder if that ever changes or if that's what we signed up for. At the rate I am going with food intake, I am worried I will keep losing to the point of being too skinny.

I have stepped up weight workouts trying to tone up to determine if plastics is necessary. I don't want a Tummy Tuck (and don't have hanging skin so it wouldn't be covered by insurance per my NP) but I am thinking some Lipo in my lower stomach and upper inner thighs. My surgeon says wait a year so I will.

Last night I weighed myself and I FINALLY weigh less than my husband! By two pounds! Woo-hoo! When I went to my 6 month checkup, I had met my surgeon's goal for me and was told I could skip my 9 month check up. I am quite content where I am at. food and Vitamins are still a struggle. I focus on Protein. I have slowed to about 4-6 lbs per month and I am often gaining and losing the same couple of pounds when I weigh myself but at the end of the month I still have a net loss. I am in small tops and size 8 bottoms at NY&CO. I ordered a pair of medium yoga pants from Old Navy and they are a bit big! Unfortunately all this weight loss has cause me to go down several bra sizes too. I need to get measured again. After being a DD I never thought that implants would be on my radar but they are now!

I am still overweight per BMI but I feel thin. And people tell me I look skinny so who knows. I just wish I could eat food without feeling sick. It's just not fun so I tend to not eat. I know that's not good but I hate feeling bad. Wonder if that ever changes or if that's what we signed up for. At the rate I am going with food intake, I am worried I will keep losing to the point of being too skinny.

I have stepped up weight workouts trying to tone up to determine if plastics is necessary. I don't want a Tummy Tuck (and don't have hanging skin so it wouldn't be covered by insurance per my NP) but I am thinking some Lipo in my lower stomach and upper inner thighs. My surgeon says wait a year so I will.

I too had my 6 month weigh in and have 17 pounds to go to get to my goal weight. I feel very good here but know I have to go the whole way.

I too have been feeling sick when I eat. I asked the nurse at my check in and my nutritionist who said it could be 3 (or more) Things.

eating too much, too fast, drinking too close before or after eating. Guilty.

Also, if you eat meat, make sure it is moist.

Don't let people tell you that you are too thin. That is sabotage. Tell them you respect their opinion but please stay positive that this is all part of the process. Or something similar. I warned all my friends early on, that they were not to ever say that to me. It is mostly coworkers now.

Hello and best wishes to all. Peace on our journey.

Ainslee

Last night I weighed myself and I FINALLY weigh less than my husband! By two pounds! Woo-hoo! When I went to my 6 month checkup' date=' I had met my surgeon's goal for me and was told I could skip my 9 month check up. I am quite content where I am at. food and Vitamins are still a struggle. I focus on Protein. I have slowed to about 4-6 lbs per month and I am often gaining and losing the same couple of pounds when I weigh myself but at the end of the month I still have a net loss. I am in small tops and size 8 bottoms at NY&CO. I ordered a pair of medium yoga pants from Old Navy and they are a bit big! Unfortunately all this weight loss has cause me to go down several bra sizes too. I need to get measured again. After being a DD I never thought that implants would be on my radar but they are now!

I have stepped up weight workouts trying to tone up to determine if plastics is necessary. I don't want a Tummy Tuck (and don't have hanging skin so it wouldn't be covered by insurance per my NP) but I am thinking some Lipo in my lower stomach and upper inner thighs. My surgeon says wait a year so I will.[/quote']

I'm at 155# also but I'm still in a size 13/14. Tops I'm wearing medium to large depending on the shirts. I have seen a lot of ppl on here at this weight and all r under a size 10 in jeans and med to small in tops. Ugh I'm still happy with my progress but frustrated sometimes with the weight around my tummy! Congrats on ur loss:-)

highest weight 224#<br />sx weight 213# (11/20/12)<br />current weight 155.6#(6/5)

Down 70 lbs need another 20 to goal sleeved 11/5/12

Here's a picture of me this Sunday at a wedding

post-20098-1381366652273_thumb.jpg

I'm at 155# also but I'm still in a size 13/14. Tops I'm wearing medium to large depending on the shirts. I have seen a lot of ppl on here at this weight and all r under a size 10 in jeans and med to small in tops. Ugh I'm still happy with my progress but frustrated sometimes with the weight around my tummy! Congrats on ur loss:-)

highest weight 224#<br />sx weight 213# (11/20/12)<br />current weight 155.6#(6/5)

How tall are you? I am 5'2 CW is 153 I usually wear an 8 on bottom or when I buy waist size a 28 in most jeans and I buy medium tops that are generally roomy(I just won't buy a small yet):) I am hourglass shaped...

How tall are you? I am 5'2 CW is 153 I usually wear an 8 on bottom or when I buy waist size a 28 in most jeans and I buy medium tops that are generally roomy(I just won't buy a small yet):) I am hourglass shaped...

I'm 5'...very short! I carry most of my weight around my stomach and abdomen:-( killer on my back! I haven't taken measurements but I'm wearing 13/14...depending on the jean brands. I THINK I have some that are size 12. Idk what shape I am...butt, legs and boobs have been the first things to go lol...

I'm so frustrated. May was a month that I was not super strict with my diet or exercise. I didn't go crazy or anything but I was out of town for two weeks and I found it more difficult to be strict.... Now I am home, working out eating right and staying on top of everything and I'm still not losing weight. I've tried changing up my work out.... Changing up my diet.... And nothing. I keep on losing and gaining the same 2-3 pounds over and over. It's just like before the surgery except I am totally committed and haven't gone off the program (when I was out of town I wasn't strict but I was still following the guidelines).

Makes me super cranky. And I want a piece of pizza followed by a snickers.... Of course I won't but seriously the scale has got to move soon right?!?!?

I'm so frustrated. May was a month that I was not super strict with my diet or exercise. I didn't go crazy or anything but I was out of town for two weeks and I found it more difficult to be strict.... Now I am home' date=' working out eating right and staying on top of everything and I'm still not losing weight. I've tried changing up my work out.... Changing up my diet.... And nothing. I keep on losing and gaining the same 2-3 pounds over and over. It's just like before the surgery except I am totally committed and haven't gone off the program (when I was out of town I wasn't strict but I was still following the guidelines).

Makes me super cranky. And I want a piece of pizza followed by a snickers.... Of course I won't but seriously the scale has got to move soon right?!?!?[/quote']

I too have had my stalls but I keep goin and pray that the scales move. Eventually they do but its frustrating while they aren't! It took 6 days for me to lose .2# this wk but I lost! Ill take whatever I can get:-) Just hang in there! I've upped carbs, cals and changed my exercise routine.

highest weight 224#<br />sx weight 213# (11/20/12)<br />current weight 155.2#(6/11)

I'm 4'11 and weigh 160ish. I'm in a 10/12 or 30 and I'm in a medium top. Where are you shopping mostly?