Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Check In November 2012 Sleevers!

His scale was nicer than my home scale it read 157 and my Dr. was very happy with my progress :) He said my weightloss will make a U on the graph because the more I lose the harder it will get which I believe bc in the 11 weeks since my last visit to my Dr. I lost 17 lbs and that is much less then weeks before but the 1-2Lbs./week loss rate is where he wants his patients at this point.27 more till goal!!!

Congrats! You'll be at goal before you know it.

That is wonderful. I started at 230 and my goal for 6 months is 170. But 160 would be great. LOL

Sent from my iPad using VST

You can do it ...I thought my day of surgery weight was 218 (home scale)but my surgeon has it as 224(his scale) anyhow at my 6 month checkup I was 157 on my surgeon's scale.If I can do it you can. I am not by any means an extremist when it comes to working out and I eat 1000-1200 cals a day and have for the last 3 months.

Ps.My highest weight was 234:(

Has anyone else been experiencing some sort of out of control head hunger? I have been eating so much more and wanting to eat pretty much any of the unhealthy foods I can think of! Two things have happened recently- I was away for a week and not able to be as careful as I am at home and I started birth control again. Anyone have any similar experiences? Or have I been depriving myself of many of my old go to unhealthy foods for 7 months and now can't keep it together?

Has anyone else been experiencing some sort of out of control head hunger? I have been eating so much more and wanting to eat pretty much any of the unhealthy foods I can think of! Two things have happened recently- I was away for a week and not able to be as careful as I am at home and I started birth control again. Anyone have any similar experiences? Or have I been depriving myself of many of my old go to unhealthy foods for 7 months and now can't keep it together?

Ah yes! The sixth month curse... This is around the time that we all have to put in a bit of extra work. It's around this point when some of the hunger comes back and we are able to eat more.

Now is when the choices about what we eat become even more important!

I have to fight my junk food ways everyday and try and stick with Proteins and veggies. The call for processed food are really loud and strong.

You are not alone, I take it day by day, minute by minute sometimes. The best we can do is just not give up on ourselves!!!

Ah yes! The sixth month curse... This is around the time that we all have to put in a bit of extra work. It's around this point when some of the hunger comes back and we are able to eat more.

I have to fight my junk food ways everyday and try and stick with Proteins and veggies. The call for processed food are really loud and strong.

You are not alone' date=' I take it day by day, minute by minute sometimes. The best we can do is just not give up on ourselves!!![/quote']

Oh thank you!!!! I really thought I was losing my marbles or should nix the birth control. I'm so happy that its neither of those things..... And sort of nervous now- the past week has been harder than pre-op and recovery! Yikes!

My head hunger is out of control!!! The past 5 months was no big deal if I gave into it because I was limited to 2-3 bites. Now, if I want ice cream, or burger or whatever.....I can finish it all. I've lost 75 lbs, but I want to lose another 50. How can I do it eating normal amounts????

My head hunger is out of control!!! The past 5 months was no big deal if I gave into it because I was limited to 2-3 bites. Now, if I want ice cream, or burger or whatever.....I can finish it all. I've lost 75 lbs, but I want to lose another 50. How can I do it eating normal amounts????

I'm with you there on the head hunger. Ugh. I've lost 99 lbs, but would love to get down another 50 so I'd weigh 180. That would be awesome. I'm aiming for at least 30 more. My surgeon said his goal is for me to be under 200 lbs for the rest of my life.

Lol I thought I was goin crazy! I too get crazy hungry but I'm fighting it! If i skip a snack its really bad but I've been keepin super busy cleaning house I barely have time to eat and that helps! When I'm sitting watching tv that's also when I get the urge to just snack but I work in my fruit serving because I'm still not getting enough carbs.

highest weight 224#<br />sx weight 212# (11/20/12)<br />current weight 158#(5/14)

I am right there with all of y'all I have been craving bad things like crazy and right now is the worst time of month for me right before my monthly cycle begins my hunger head and real is out of control.I am fighting it but some days I'm worse than others . I was 156 today and I really would like to see 130 as I am 5'2.I give in sometimes but I am not gonna give up :)

You are not alone' date=' I take it day by day, minute by minute sometimes. The best we can do is just not give up on ourselves!!![/quote']

Oh thank you!!!! I really thought I was losing my marbles or should nix the birth control. I'm so happy that its neither of those things..... And sort of nervous now- the past week has been harder than pre-op and recovery! Yikes!

I'm 66 so am not worried about some things younger gals are but my stomach actually growled on Wed when I was getting a massage. Haven't had it growl once since surgery. Wonder if it was because I started weaning off the omeprozele. Having to concentrate on what I'm eating and portions!!!

I'm 66 so am not worried about some things younger gals are but my stomach actually growled on Wed when I was getting a massage. Haven't had it growl once since surgery. Wonder if it was because I started weaning off the omeprozele. Having to concentrate on what I'm eating and portions!!!

That happened to me on Saturday!!! Just a little embarrassing :-/

NSV - I just bought size 10 dressy shorts & capris at New York & Company. 5 months ago I was in an 18! The 10s were actually a touch loose too :)! I'll tell you this surgery was the best thing I've ever done but man is it expensive clothes wise! My scale has been stagnant or even has gone up a couple pounds here or there in April so going down another size helped my psyche for sure.

Me too. I had to buy new work pants a month ago. SO I bought a 12, 10 and 8. I had to switch to the 10's yesterday. I am trying not to shop but I did need some clothes for summer. It is strange going into Macy's and not going to the women's size dept. I have to learn my way around all the other dept's.

Ainslee

The most unusual thing happened recently. A woman I bump into on the train home sent me an email about a month ago, asking me if I had a sister who rode the same train. I replied no I didin't.

Last night I had an ahh ha moment. I thought maybe it was me!! Today I am going to send her an email and ask if it looked like me only way thinner and longer hair? ?

I am LOL ing at the thought of it and that it didn't dawn on me sooner. Haha.

I am enjoying this.

Ainslee

What are people feeling about the hanging skin? I find I am still not wanting to wear anything sleeveless because of all the skin hanging under my arm.

I am thinking plastic surgery next year but for now??? Will lots of gym work do the trick? I am thinking about working on muscles in a serious way. Does anyone know if this will noticeably help?

Thanks

Ainslee