Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Check In November 2012 Sleevers!

My birthday :) hey it will be fine don't worry. U will have the best sleep of ur life when getting it done

Sent from my Samsung Admire using VST

That's my birthday TOOOO! Hey Scorpio!

I was just wondering I have never been a small girl and the last couple of years I would say from 99 until now my clothes have all been 18-24's now im back in a 18. What should I do for clothes? My surgery in Nov 26th and I return to Afghanistan on Dec 11th. Should I buy smaller clothes like a size 16 while Im at home and bring back with me or just stick with a 18? I wont come back home again until the end of Janruary I will be 2 months out but I dont know if that would warrant buying a smaller size being as though I have (junk in the trunk) which I hope to keep its a family trait...lol...any thoughts?

Only 2 weeks to go! I;m being sleeved on 11/05/2012!1 Im starting to get really nervous ;-) Never had surgery before..

It's gonna be great Hun. No worries. We are totally all here for you!

I was just wondering I have never been a small girl and the last couple of years I would say from 99 until now my clothes have all been 18-24's now im back in a 18. What should I do for clothes? My surgery in Nov 26th and I return to Afghanistan on Dec 11th. Should I buy smaller clothes like a size 16 while Im at home and bring back with me or just stick with a 18? I wont come back home again until the end of Janruary I will be 2 months out but I dont know if that would warrant buying a smaller size being as though I have (junk in the trunk) which I hope to keep its a family trait...lol...any thoughts?

Plan on success. At least one set of items, especially tops. I've got a big booty too so I know I will lose there last as well. That way you're not swimming in big clothes. I would even buy a 14 top if I were you. And feel free to let me know I'm wrong, but I have a feeling you're gonna need smaller sizes.

I am Karen from Michigan and am scheduled for Nov 14. I have three children and am an educator. Looking forward to changing my life for the better!

I am Karen from Michigan and am scheduled for Nov 14. I have three children and am an educator. Looking forward to changing my life for the better!

What part of mich? I'm having mine the 14 in Toledo Ohio, so we're kinda neighbors;) I also have 3 kids....

surgery date TWINS!! when is your birthday?? wow ive only lost 14 pre op but hoping to lost at least another 12 before surgery date

Mines is on the 19th

What part of mich? I'm having mine the 14 in Toledo Ohio' date=' so we're kinda neighbors;) I also have 3 kids....[/quote']

West Bloomfield, Mi at Henry Ford

Hi everybody! I'm in Florida and I'm scheduled for Nov 27th! Excited but I had my nutritionist appt yesterday and she was so negative and so serious telling me I will never ever be able to eat certain things again, can't chew gum cause I might swallow and have a blockage, would prob lose my hair... etc.... wow what a downer..... I have been discouraged since but am trying to remember why this is best for me. She just made it sound so awful it is making me doubt my decision. I know this is right and will love not ever having to worry about gaining weight again! I know there's gonna be some hard things about it, but I will be healthy again and after a few months or so I should be able to eat things I like, just small amounts. So now that I've vented...... yes, I'm excited to join this November Sleevers group! haha Sorry I had a lapse of sanity for a moment. Good luck to us all!! :)

Hi everybody! I'm in Florida and I'm scheduled for Nov 27th! Excited but I had my nutritionist appt yesterday and she was so negative and so serious telling me I will never ever be able to eat certain things again' date=' can't chew gum cause I might swallow and have a blockage, would prob lose my hair... etc.... wow what a downer..... I have been discouraged since but am trying to remember why this is best for me. She just made it sound so awful it is making me doubt my decision. I know this is right and will love not ever having to worry about gaining weight again! I know there's gonna be some hard things about it, but I will be healthy again and after a few months or so I should be able to eat things I like, just small amounts. So now that I've vented...... yes, I'm excited to join this November Sleevers group! haha Sorry I had a lapse of sanity for a moment. Good luck to us all!! :)[/quote']

What Part in Florida? I'm in Volusia area. My surgery is November 20th.

Feel free to vent anytime you need to! That's why we're all here...support, guidance, help, etc.

Thank you all so much!!

HI -- I am scheduled for Nov. 13 -- just got approved and very excited. For the past several months it was all about testing, doctor appointments urging people to submit the necessary documentation. But now that that is all over the reality is setting in and I'm focusing a bit more on the fact that I have signed up to have 70% of an internal organ lobbed off! In just a few weeks! Wait -- maybe there is still a chance I do this with diet and exercise. Can't I just try one more time? And then I get a glimpse of myself in the mirror and realize that those kind of solutions simply don't make sense for me anymore. This is the right track. I don't think I'm so different than all of you who have responded here -- we have the same frustrations, goals, fears, excitement and hopefully will have the same huge successes. (I think the biggest difference is that I have never written in a blog and this site is completely overwhelming! I don't know where to begin or how to find anything!) I'm really glad I found you "Novembers". If I can continue to find this string I will look forward to hearing about your journeys and sharing my own. The best of luck to us all!!!

Hey all,

I am scheduled for 11/13! I am 44 and an RN from the Jersey Shore. I have 3 fabulous kids, 9 and twins that are 6 and a totally supportive husband. The one thing in my life I have no control over is my weight. I love food, love to eat and need the "restrictiveness" of the sleeve to control my eating. I was lap banded in 2006 and only lost about 80lbs. Never had real restriction. Countless fills, denial, frustration. Finally had it out in 2011 and here I am.

I am looking forward to sharing this journey with all of you. I have a lot of weight to lose and am so looking forward to more energy and living my life the way I really want to.

YAY! KAREN! :) hehe

Hi...

I am awaiting approval from the insurance company and I am praying that I can have the sleeve gastrectomy in November. I am nervous and anxious. How did everyone do on the liver shrinking diet?