Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

At What Weight Limit Did You Say "you Have Had Enough"?

As a fellow Cyster, I wish you all the luck in the world. Many women with pcos go on to have children. The desire, no, the bone deep need, to have children is what prompted me to go and get the band in 2008 (should have resisted the band; I wanted RNY but was talked out of it....). 4 years later I am still childless and now40. It's too late for me (now in peri-menopause) but not for you! Good luck and I will pray for your success with the sleeve and motherhood!

Cheers!

I just teared up on that thanks!!! I was actually going for the band and my surgeon talked me out of it. He said that they were having to many complications with them and majority of the first paitents that he put that in are having to get that removed now. I had thought in my mind for the sleeve I was already convinced and that was that. Until I sat down with him and actually talked about it and thats when I realize this is it.

It's always been my weight. I trained twice a day 7 days a week with crossfit and running. I was eating paleo. I became very depressed after doing this for 18 months and no results. I have lost 10kg and it's been 8 days since my op. I'm finally loving who I am! I'm looking forward to the future!

It's always been my weight. I trained twice a day 7 days a week with crossfit and running. I was eating paleo. I became very depressed after doing this for 18 months and no results. I have lost 10kg and it's been 8 days since my op. I'm finally loving who I am! I'm looking forward to the future!

Congrats!!! Very encouraging wish you luck

For me it was weighing in at 262 for the second time in my life and after being on a supervised program for a year. I only was able to lose 19lbs and then gained 10 back. I spent the rest of the same year trying to re-lose the 10lbs.

When my Weight Watchers leader told me the program wasn't working for me and I needed to try something else.

Wow! What an honest Weight Watchers leader! I was in WW on and off for probably twelve years. I had no trouble losing some weight (up to 50 pounds at one point), but then I would get cocky and say this was so easy I could do it anytime and stopped counting points and going to meetings. I am probably one of the biggest yo-yoers in the crowd! I would always gain back my losses and then some!

All of a sudden I realized that my health was not what it used to be. The aches and leg pain I knew were caused by my weight. Being a nurse, I was no longer able to work full time on the hospital floor, it was to physically exhausting. I get short of breath climbing stairs, lacing my shoes, combing my hair, cleaning my house, and picking things up off of the floor. Mowing the lawn is becoming increasingly difficult. I feel so uncomfortable in every piece of clothing I put on. I'm 5"1 and 232lbs. The sweating has become a nuisance. I shy away from public functions, can hardly fit in booths and I am no longer living, just existing. I'm scheduled for Nov 2012. But I'm praying I can move te date up to September.

I started feeling sick, my blood pressure went up and ankles started swelling. Losing & gaining losing & gaining. Then, I took my daughter to LegoLand Ca like I do every spring. We went on a little coaster n of course I scoped out ppl in line in front of me. Seen a man larger than me so it calmed me dwn cuz at 260 I was a lil worried about the fit. It was fine tho, got on the ride & put dwn the lever n it was fun. But then she wanted to go on it again before we left. Got in line & waited. Seen a lady before me look really embarrassed n she went thru the exit before she rode. I didn't get to see what happened but I felt bad for her, she was large too. I get in, sit dwn just like I did a hour before. As soon as I put the lever dwn it popped back up & a guy yelled "don't touch it!! Leave it up!! But I didn't think he was talking to me? It was really weird. So I put it back dwn n he yells again DON'T TOUCH IT LEAVE IT UP N WAIT! he finished checking everyone's lever n then comes to me & looks at me like he was embarrassed for me & said "this needs to click down 7 times" and he counted dwn each click, 1...2..3...4...5....6........it touched my tummy. Then he pushed it dwn, 7. Everyone watched. My daughter too. I felt embarrassed, hulimiated and discriminated against. The coarser doesn't tell them if a lever doesn't click dwn 7 times. They do that on their own. He seem I was a fat lady so he better check. It was horrible. I told my daughter wow thank goodness he got to 7! And we laughed about it. But really, it was hard for me to accept that it happened. Why didn't it happen the first time? A different kid was working the ride. Why don't they all follow that rule or was it just his? But yes this was my enough point. Cuz when I went home my ankles were swollen. My Water pill doesn't even work for me and tired of being unhealthy. Yep. So I'm so ready for October :-)

For me, it was the doctor wanting to add another pill to my list (already way tooo long for my liking) because my diabetes was out of control. I decided, "no more pills" and had the surgery within 4 weeks.

And... drum roll please... I haven't taken anything for diabetes since day 9 post-op! :D Blood pressure meds are cut in half. Cholesterol meds are gone too! Now i'm down to 1 bp pill, 1 prevacid, 1 allergy pill and all my supplements.

There were many 'turn around' points for me. There have been many points in my life when I said that it was enough, but I never committed to anything the way I needed to to keep weight off after losses. At 5'5.5 and 325lbs, I was having trouble with catching my breath walking up stairs. I would try and avoid walking across campus with classmates because it would get me so out of breath. I was having a lot of trouble with self-image. All around I was a very unhappy person, and I knew that if I kept it up I was not going to be around all that long, and I'm only 25! My turning point was really when I decided that I'm worth the change and I knew it had to be all in. I'm really happy with my choice and a few years down the road when I don't have obesity related diseases, I sure will be thanking myself =)

My oh crap moment was last summer at six flags. My hubby and I went to ride a roller coaster and I didn't fit. The poor attendant looked like she was going to cry when she asked me to get off. I held my head high and walked off the ride. As I'm walking down the ramp I thought "my son is two, he won't remember this, THIS TIME. I don't want to be that mom that lives in fear of her weight and size. ". Next week I went to the base hospital and got myself in the program. That was last June. I went back this June and made that ride my b***h.

350.. busted ass and lost 40 over a year. Started my pre op diet at 310. I'm 21.. been over weight my entire life. Enough sure is enough.

For me it was when I looked in the mirror after reaching several life goals and realized that no matter what I accomplish it would never make me love myself.

Mine was realizing that I could barely fit in our tub. I started taking showers in our basement because I didn't want my husband to know I couldn't fit.

Last night I sat cris cross apple sauce in the tub and tinkled a little because I was so gitty ;)

I knew things were bad; my hip hurt, my knees hurt, my feet hurt, and we were in Amsterdam with nothing but tall, gorgeous, thin women.....I was 223. Then one morning I woke up and my husband of 20 years was having a melt down of sorts (this was very rare; we never fought).....when I asked him what was wrong; he launched into a long speech about how much my weight gain had bothered him over the years but he kept thinking I would figure it out; but I kept getting fatter. We spent the rest of the day getting the monster out of the closet; talking, crying, yelling, lots of stuff came out. I knew I couldn't do it on my own and within a month I had the surgery. It was the best of times and the worst of times......but now, 9 months out and a few lbs from my goal weight, I can say it was the best decision of my life and I've had the best year of my life.

Mine was when I got back up to 280 .. I year before that I lose 30 lbs .. And got married I can't fit in my wedding dress anymore .. But anyway when I decided to do this I stop smoking that didn't help cus in two months of stopping I gained 19 lbs put at 299 my highest and I said hell no I be damn if I go into the three's .. I'm now on my 6 month supervise diet and lose 9 pounds in a month