Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

At What Weight Limit Did You Say "you Have Had Enough"?

my scale couldn't weigh me anymore. was it broken? I tried to tell myself that. then I realized I was too big for it. very depressing. it only could go to 308. I would lose 4 or so and it would miraculously work again and then I'd gain it back and it would "break". someone mentioned lapband to me. I got up the courage to research WLS and my insurance. then I got up the courage to tell my husband and convinced him over his objections. after losing nearly 70 lbs since my max (60 since preop) he is a believer. oh and I bought a new scale. it goes up higher - not that I'll ever need that anymore! I'll make sure of it!

I was almost a year post partum, was nursing, and eating NO dairy (so no ice cream), and had not lost any of the weight that I gained just after I had my baby (my baby spent 5 weeks in the hospital starting at 25 days old, and had 3 emergency surgeries. I gained back the pregnancy weight I had lost plus a few more during that time). I stopped nursing, so I began eating dairy again and almost instantly gained 8 pounds.

Since I want to have at least two more children, I realized that I was looking at adding another 40-50 pounds or so to my current weight over the next few years. That would've put me at 300 pounds on a 5'3 frame.

I was also a slim girl and now I'm at 280 and really depressed. I don't know how too dress. I hate going around people. I even hate eating in front of people. My daughter is two and I don't even have that many pictures with her because I don't want to look at my body. My husband asked for sex every two weeks sometimes longer. He never says I'm fat but actions speaks louder than words .I have my sleeve on the 21 st. I hope nothing doesn't get on the way bc I will be extremely depressed.

Your post really hit home with me. I struggled with the same things for the last ten years. It has only been over the last year that I got a handle on things...now I'm working towards being sleeved as well.

One thing I came to realize is that my lack of sex life wasn't because my hubby didn't want me. It was because I was projecting all my negative feelings and emotions on him making myself very unavailable. Since getting a grip on my emotional feelings about my weight and accepting that I am a beautiful person even though I didn't look like I want, our sex life improved dramatically.

I hope that you realize that about yourself because it would be a shame to take those insecurities with you on your weight loss journey.

when I broke the chair in front of family on my 28th birthday this year

I was on a cruise and broke a chair in front of dozens of people. So horribly embarrassing

My "enough" moment was when I went to the amusement park with my kids and got on a ride with them and didn't fit. So embarrassing my my kids that they had to get off because their mom was too big. This year my oldest said "mom can we try the rides again?" And it broke my heart to say "no honey mommy don't fit" that was my breaking point. I can't wait to be healthy for myself and my children. I'm looking forward to fitting on those rides and having fun with my babies

When my mother passed away and I gained another 10 pounds and ended up at 290 pounds and new it just wasn't gonna happen any other way. I had tried and tried so many diets and could never get beyond 270 and knew at 52 I was going to need help. Best thing I ever did.........I only wished I knew more about this before. Oh well all in God's time!! :)

It was letting go a past trauma that finally did it for me. It has been getting really hard to do things I love, but it wasn't until my nephew pointed out my weight (in the most innocent way a 6 year old can) that I finally did something. That 'something' was going to a therapist. Six months later of intense therapy and a lot of hard work I finally said 'I am worth it.' I scheduled to attend a WLS seminar at a hospital I trusted. I have just started my journey, but finally feel mentally prepared to start this and not sabotage myself later because of fear.