Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

At What Weight Limit Did You Say "you Have Had Enough"?

For me it was weighing in at 262 for the second time in my life and after being on a supervised program for a year. I only was able to lose 19lbs and then gained 10 back. I spent the rest of the same year trying to re-lose the 10lbs.

I know that feeling!! Glad you over came it

I started feeling sick' date=' my blood pressure went up and ankles started swelling. Losing & gaining losing & gaining. Then, I took my daughter to LegoLand Ca like I do every spring. We went on a little coaster n of course I scoped out ppl in line in front of me. Seen a man larger than me so it calmed me dwn cuz at 260 I was a lil worried about the fit. It was fine tho, got on the ride & put dwn the lever n it was fun. But then she wanted to go on it again before we left. Got in line & waited. Seen a lady before me look really embarrassed n she went thru the exit before she rode. I didn't get to see what happened but I felt bad for her, she was large too. I get in, sit dwn just like I did a hour before. As soon as I put the lever dwn it popped back up & a guy yelled "don't touch it!! Leave it up!! But I didn't think he was talking to me? It was really weird. So I put it back dwn n he yells again DON'T TOUCH IT LEAVE IT UP N WAIT! he finished checking everyone's lever n then comes to me & looks at me like he was embarrassed for me & said "this needs to click down 7 times" and he counted dwn each click, 1...2..3...4...5....6........it touched my tummy. Then he pushed it dwn, 7. Everyone watched. My daughter too. I felt embarrassed, hulimiated and discriminated against. The coarser doesn't tell them if a lever doesn't click dwn 7 times. They do that on their own. He seem I was a fat lady so he better check. It was horrible. I told my daughter wow thank goodness he got to 7! And we laughed about it. But really, it was hard for me to accept that it happened. Why didn't it happen the first time? A different kid was working the ride. Why don't they all follow that rule or was it just his? But yes this was my enough point. Cuz when I went home my ankles were swollen. My Water pill doesn't even work for me and tired of being unhealthy. Yep. So I'm so ready for October :-)[/quote']

Awww!! I had to get off on a ride because the bar wouldn't come down. Aahhhhh so embarrassing

For me' date=' it was the doctor wanting to add another pill to my list (already way tooo long for my liking) because my diabetes was out of control. I decided, "no more pills" and had the surgery within 4 weeks.

And... drum roll please... I haven't taken anything for diabetes since day 9 post-op! :D Blood pressure meds are cut in half. Cholesterol meds are gone too! Now i'm down to 1 bp pill, 1 prevacid, 1 allergy pill and all my supplements.[/quote']

Wwoooohooo congrats

My oh crap moment was last summer at six flags. My hubby and I went to ride a roller coaster and I didn't fit. The poor attendant looked like she was going to cry when she asked me to get off. I held my head high and walked off the ride. As I'm walking down the ramp I thought "my son is two' date=' he won't remember this, THIS TIME. I don't want to be that mom that lives in fear of her weight and size. ". Next week I went to the base hospital and got myself in the program. That was last June. I went back this June and made that ride my b***h.[/quote']

Aaahhh love the way u think!!! Awesome come back

Mine was realizing that I could barely fit in our tub. I started taking showers in our basement because I didn't want my husband to know I couldn't fit.

Last night I sat cris cross apple sauce in the tub and tinkled a little because I was so gitty ;)

Glad you were as to conquer that on your own!!

I for got mention the the scaled scared me to cause all thoe my Bmi is like 46 my body is well proportion I'm 5'7.5 and everyone looks at me and say you don't look that big and I think I've even done it a few times... That kept me in denial. For years

When my BMI reached 36. And my Bp entered hypertension levels and when size 18 jeans PZI (jeans for big bottm girls) wouldnt go past my mid thigh. When my friends after not seeing me for a while nervously smiled and avoided me. When i got short of breath walking up my driveway and when the pain in my feet got so bad, my husband has ti help me out of be and into the bathroom in the morning. I am going through the reqs hoping for ins approval in sept.

When my BMI reached 36. And my Bp entered hypertension levels and when size 18 jeans PZI (jeans for big bottm girls) wouldnt go past my mid thigh. When my friends after not seeing me for a while nervously smiled and avoided me. When i got short of breath walking up my driveway and when the pain in my feet got so bad' date=' my husband has ti help me out of be and into the bathroom in the morning. I am going through the reqs hoping for ins approval in sept.[/quote']

Wishing you luck I am waiting for my approval now

It hit me the day I realized I had dieted and dieted and dieted my way into morbid obesity.

There's a slippery slope--the toeholds are fewer and fewer. You get bigger and bigger; you don't know why; you don't know how to stop.

The sleeve seems like the best option for me because I am a DETERMINED GIRL who has to see a relationship between effort and reward. I see the weight coming off--oh, yeah, I'll keep working for that!!!!

After hitting 330 for the second time three years ago, I told myself this was the last time. I lost 55 on my own by my 49th birthday. I told myself I would be below 250 by my 50th birthday. Instead I put on another 20. I had been considering WLS of some sort for a few years, so at my annual physical last November I told my doctor I was considering it. He handed me a business card for Dr. Kim and told me to give him a call. It took me two more months to make up my mind, but I finally got the ball rolling in February. I'm only 5 days postop, but still glad I chose the sleeve.

I have been thinking about weight loss surgery for several years. I have had four joint replacements since 2007 and have gained about 20 lbs between each one. I still have an ankle to be replaced and I have these freakishly small ankles that can barely support me. When I have the ankle replaced, I will be non-weight bearing for six weeks and I knew there was no way I could carry this 270 lb body on crutches. Also, Ankle replacements are not as successful on overweight people. I knew this year was my year, the time to take action with this weight.

I for got mention the the scaled scared me to cause all thoe my Bmi is like 46 my body is well proportion I'm 5'7.5 and everyone looks at me and say you don't look that big and I think I've even done it a few times... That kept me in denial. For years

OMG!!! The same thing happens to me. The look at me and think I'm crazy for going thru the process of having the surgery. They say the same thing to me. "Oh! you aren't big" So I think for a while I started believing it. Oh and then the other day a friend who had RNY who lost 120lbs in 7 months Yay her!!! and has about 80 more to go. Told me where I thought I was going to lose all that weight from.. It's hard to try to make them understand the reason I'm doing this.

Sigh... Hoping my surgery is sooner than later....

OMG!!! The same thing happens to me. The look at me and think I'm crazy for going thru the process of having the surgery. They say the same thing to me. "Oh! you aren't big" So I think for a while I started believing it. Oh and then the other day a friend who had RNY who lost 120lbs in 7 months Yay her!!! and has about 80 more to go. Told me where I thought I was going to lose all that weight from.. It's hard to try to make them understand the reason I'm doing this.

Sigh... Hoping my surgery is sooner than later....

Good luck

Good luck

Thanks. Did you get sleeved yet?

At 235 I looked in the mirror and didn't recognize myself. I could not believe what I saw and once I saw the number, I never ever got on scales, I knew if I wanted to be around for my kids I better do something fast!! I previously had lap band surgery and it was very ineffective so the sleeve was my next option and now at 180 I am so happy I did this!