Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Knee Brace

Need a very large knee brace. My knee has been hurting lately from exercising. Any ideas where I can find one that might go over my knee.

Funny...pre-op my knee started giving me problems from the transition of sitting on the couch to walking/running EVERY DAY! Let me tell ya, since l've left the hospital I've babysat this knee more than my stomach from surgery! It has given me the blues!

I would try a local med store, rehab facility or the internet. I grabbed a sleeve from walgreens. I'm going to push it because I think my knee is just seeking attention. lol its going to get some attention all right...just not the kind its seeking. lol

Hope you find what you're looking for!

Ebay

I had/have RA in my knees. Pre-op, they hurt constantly to the point that I sometimes needed a cane just to walk around. Right after surgery my knees hurt REALLY bad from just walking, but I haven't had any pain from them in months. I didn't even realize that the pain was gone until I saw this post. If you do buy a knee brace, don't spend a lot of money on it. :) You're not going to need it for long, I bet!

I've finally quit running into walls as well. My center of balance is finally coming back!! :)

oh my I am glad I'm not alone. I never had knee problems until after sleeve surgery. I get down because I feel I could walk longer if it wasn't for the pain.

I have a torn meniscus and chrondromalacia in my right knee. Back in the fall I tried to find a knee brace online but I can't find the website anymore. I do remember looking at painreliever.com but it's not the one I ordered from. I never found one that worked and I just gave up. I'm not saying you should... I ordered two: one was too big, one was too small. I sent them back and never reordered. I use Amazon for pretty much everything now so I'd recommend starting there.

Just to careful about where it says you measure. Some say around the knee cap, others measure based on so many inches above or below the knee. I did it right and still had size issues. However, a few of the extra large ones I found online were also available from Walmart, usually just online though.

Talked to my Physical Therapist and she said the ones with a hole for the knee is best. I have a meniscus tear from exercise. :(

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches