Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

300 calories a serving seems awful high to me. You can get ready-to-drink Muscle Milk "lite"....its only 100 calories in an 8 ounce serving (it comes in chocolate or vanilla)' date=' or ready-to-drink Muscle Milk "regular formula"...its 131 calories in an 8 ounce serving, or 180 in an 11 ounce bottle (the "regular" comes in more flavors...chocolate, vanilla, banana creme, Cookies and cream, etc). You might try switching to one of the RTD varieties, to decrease the number of calories you take in, when you have a shake. Best of luck![/quote']

There's a ton of sugar in MM too- that's why it tastes so good! ( what the guy at the nutrition store informed me)

Tuna salad with a little mayo' date=' egg salad, chicken salad, any kind of babyfood. Really you can eat anything you can blend and that agrees with your tummy. Nothing to drastic ofcourse![/quote']

Thanks iv tried yams and potatoe salad they were ok the egg oh my god my me puke lol so I'm going to try the tube today and chicken salad

My nut said 400 calories the first 2 weeks and then under 600 for the rest of my weight loss phase.

There's a ton of sugar in MM too- that's why it tastes so good! ( what the guy at the nutrition store informed me)

The "lite" version of the RTD Muscle Milk is sugar-free. It does have a few carbs in it, but not sugar.

My nut said 400 calories the first 2 weeks and then under 600 for the rest of my weight loss phase.

OMG 600 calories? For Real?

OMG 600 calories? For Real?

600 is a bit on the low side, but not far off what most are saying. It could be that Carrie is short, and therefore naturally burns less calories in a day.

The range I'm seeing is 600-800 for most women & 800-1000 for men, and that usually increases a little after a few months.

Iv been drinking muscle milk for 2 wks now 2scopps = 32gs of Protein but it has 300 calories is it ok to drink it I bought powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury >:x not liking it at all it smells so bad lol

I think u r taking in too much Protein. Ur body can not process that much protein at one time. For a female u should only take on 15-20 grams of protein per meal or it won't get broken down right. I used to do the samething

600 is a bit on the low side' date=' but not far off what most are saying. It could be that Carrie is short, and therefore naturally burns less calories in a day.

The range I'm seeing is 600-800 for most women & 800-1000 for men, and that usually increases a little after a few months.[/quote']

Noone has told me a calorie count yet. I was just sticking with my preop amount. 6-800 is way to low IMO. I'm trippin out on that. ????

I love muscle milk but hate the gas that comes with it! If I am going to do a long workout that day then I will do a double scoop and drink it over an hour right before going to the gym. Otherwise, I stick to the Premier Protein RTD drinks for non-eating Protein.< /p>

Just remember the body can process no more than 30 grams of Protein at one time and anything over that will be stored as fat (from everything I have read).The Bariatric surgeons in our program recommend low fat low sugar low carb less than 15 carb gms per shake.300 calories is a lot unless it is a food replacement.

I'm 18 days post op and my calorie intake is 600-800. Dr says to keep it more around 600 for optimal weightloss.

Average days food :-

organic baby food (half a 170 gram jar = 80cal)

Very low fat sliced cheese (27 cal per slice)

Canned tuna (about 30 grams = 70 cal)

low fat/low sugar yoghurt (70 cal per tub)

2x 250ml ProteinFX shakes per day (139 cal each)

My surgeon said the same, 400-600 calories a day. Another thing to remember is that I've been told the body can only absorb 30 grams of Protein per sitting. I was using cytosport (powder) and skim milk which would equal 35g per serving. I would only have two shakes a day and the rest would be covered by the food I ate. My recent blood tests proved that I wasn't absorbing enough Protein and did a little research on why. My appointment with my surgeon's assistant a few days ago asked me to start using the premier shakes which are 30g per serving. They're a little expensive unfortunately.

I hope this helps. :)

My surgeon said the same' date=' 400-600 calories a day. Another thing to remember is that I've been told the body can only absorb 30 grams of Protein per sitting. I was using cytosport (powder) and skim milk which would equal 35g per serving. I would only have two shakes a day and the rest would be covered by the food I ate. My recent blood tests proved that I wasn't absorbing enough Protein and did a little research on why. My appointment with my surgeon's assistant a few days ago asked me to start using the premier shakes which are 30g per serving. They're a little expensive unfortunately.

I hope this helps. :)[/quote']

I was going to try cyto sport shakes too bc my husband drinks them and likes them but idk he is weird and likes all of that kind of stuff.What premium protein are you going to try?

The brand is called Premier. shake.html" rel="external nofollow">http://www.premiernu...tein-shake.html

Its about 15-16 dollars a twelve pack right now at sam's club. They're about 25 dollars for an 18 pack at costco. I think I might go back to cyctosport (which makes muscle milk) once my levels are a bit higher. Its expensive but you're paying for what it has: high Protein, small sugar/carb, and decent amount of calories per serving.

Cytosport is nice because its pretty cheap (35 dollars for a huge bag) but for some reason I'm not absorbing the Protein (27 per serving). The surgeon's assistant wants me to use the Premier brand to see if it helps.

I'm seeing a lot more posting about the bodies ability to absorb protien. I am really glad to see people becoming more aware of this. Keep in mind that it is not a hard set number, it's a range. The range is 20-27g, with most women coming in closer to the 20g mark & men being closer to the 27g mark. Also the protien amino structure & digest ability play a huge role in this too.