Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Wonder What Celebrities Are Sleeved?!?

I don't think Jonah Hill had it because he never got to an "ideal" weight and then started gaining some back. Someone brought of Octavia Spencer and I feel the same way about her. She's never been small and is still not small. I'm thinking she would have been way smaller by now.

As a side note, it says something when weight loss these days is indicative more of WLS than the traditional method.

Another issue is money. If you knew weighing 50 pounds too much would cause you to lose a $10M check, I guarantee you'd have it off within a month. You'd wire your jaws shut and just drink Slim Fast through a straw if you had to.

J. Hudson has always been an excellent singer but she got no acknowledgement after American Idol until Dreamgirls playing the chunky one and then lost weight and now she's everywhere. She's a smart one too because she got the weight loss and the endorsement checks in one swoop.

The misery comes with trying to keep it up. They say Karl Lagerfeld hooked himself up to a Diet Coke machine and he has kept it off but if I had to live on 300 calories/day and Diet Coke FOREVER I'd go insane.

Then, there's the ever-popular crack-cocaine diet that is used often in Hollywood as well.

Regarding Jennifer Hudson, didnt she lose for a role as Winnie Mandela? Did the movie ever come out? I always thought that was just an excuse, personally.

Regarding Jennifer Hudson, didnt she lose for a role as Winnie Mandela? Did the movie ever come out? I always thought that was just an excuse, personally.

The movie was called "Winnie" and was premiered in September 2011 at the Toronto Film Festival. But it wasn't well received and a different distribution company took over; they plan to release the film this fall.

The movie was called "Winnie" and was premiered in September 2011 at the Toronto Film Festival. But it wasn't well received and a different distribution company took over; they plan to release the film this fall.

Thanks for the information. It still doesn't change my WLS conspiracy theory. LOL.

In my own personal opinion, J.Hudson lost the majority of her weight from the devastating lose of her mother and nephew!! She had alot of guilt on her conscience we that tragedy occurred!!

In my own personal opinion, J.Hudson lost the majority of her weight from the devastating lose of her mother and nephew!! She had alot of guilt on her conscience we that tragedy occurred!!

There's an article online where her friend says that she started her weight loss after she had her baby. It took her 20 months but since she wasn't in the public eye like that back then, the general public thinks it was overnight.

Weight Watchers wouldn't risk a false advertisement by using her to promote their system when she really had weight loss surgery. I'm sure they gave her all kinds of scans before they wrote her an endorsement check.

You know ..I really don't get a crap what celebrity has been sleeved..but since I read through the posts and am now replying..what does that say about me??? LOL!!!

Gastric bypass was so popular that Star Jones, Sharon Osborne, Al Roker, Carnie Wilson, Randy Jackson, Roseanne Barr all had it done and admitted it. I'm willing to bet that as the sleeve rises in popularity, we will see more celebrities. Some rumors I've heard of people who've had WLS but aren't admitting it are: Octavia Spencer, Jonah Hill, Jordin Sparks, Drew Carey, Khloe Kardashian, Kelly Osborne, John Goodman, Aretha Franklin.

kelly Osbourne and John Goodman have both admitted it.

I believe Jennifer Hudson had some type of surgical intervention as well, the way her body is shaped, it doesn't look like she's done a lot of exercise to build muscle, and she lost the weight extremely fast. I also wouldn't believe everything that the celebs or the media says, these people's careers are about selling the public a fantasy - and there's not really that many actors who gain/lose weight for specific roles.

Can you please state what the time frame, fast, is? It is possible to lose a lot of weight without surgery. I have lost 107 and 114 pounds in the past with out surgery. Yes of course I have gained it back that is why I am going for my revision.

Lots of celebrities "admit" to the lapband because of the least stigma attached.

Besides that I really like her, I really hope LIsa Lampanelli does well with her sleeve because we actually have someone in the media to watch change and hear the struggles as she's vocal. Can you imagine an awesome comedianne joking about our tiny portion sizes?! Since both she and her husband did it I think they'll be really successful.

I wish she would post here. I friend of mine knows her through the entertainment business-- I should ask him to get her to pop in and say hi. Celebrities probably read but don't participate in message boards like the rest of us.

She's probably laughing at this right now.

I totally agree with this theory on JHud. Depression this severe could cause a lot of weightless. Also she set up a fitness center and has a large group of her own relatives working out and doing weight watchers together. I saw it on some program.

Celebrities probably read but don't participate in message boards like the rest of us.

Don't be surprised. They are out there participating the just don't come out from behind their screen names & their generic avi. But can you really blame them?

I just read an article about a celebrity chef named Art Smith who dropped a "startling 120 pounds thanks to Portion Control and rigorous workouts" in just two years. Uh huh. He ate a lot of salad too, apparently, which he claims is part of his success.

Whether he had WLS or not, look at his before and after pics...he must have had some plastic surgery to remove excess skin or something.

http://shine.yahoo.c...-180300777.html

Gustavo...at the end of the day, I will have lost all my weight "thanks to portion control and vigorous workouts." LOL Of course, the only reason I could manage the "portion control" part of that equation was to have 80% of my stomach removed! (But that's just detail...right??) ;-P