Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Really Need Advice So Please Help Me :) I Feel Really Bad.

I've been on a liquid diet for 22 days Just Isopure and premier shake I just bought the strawberry GNC 100% whey Protein and its really bad. Any other ideas? I had surgery on 6/26/12 and a week before that I was on a liquid diet. So Im here dying!! I want to chew on something I want to get protein in, but I can;t I think im tired of isopure and premier. ughhhhh any suggestions please??

My favorites are Dymatize Elite Cafe Mocha & Rich chocolate. I can also drink Unjury Chocolate Splendor.

I really like Syntax nectar Protein, especially the chocolate truffle.

I liked the strawberry muscle milk, it's the only one I've tried that I liked so far. I haven't heard anybody else mention it so I hope it is o.k.

Can you have broth? Sometimes, in my liquid phase, I was just sick of sweet stuff. I liked chicken and beef broth, and if you get regular Soup and drain the contents (leaving just the broth), it tastes better than a can of broth. :) Hang in there! It's all worth it!!

I like the chocolate muscle milk, either regular or lite. I also like the Unjury chicken broth Protein Powder, and use the unflavored Unjury powder in canned broths. I didn't care for the Unjury chocolate splendor....I found it to be much too sweet after surgery. If you like cottage cheese, the whipped variety is good, but I have to thin it with a little milk to get it down. All the best to you!

If you had surgery on the 22nd,why are you still on liquids only?you should be at least on mushie foods,scrambled eggs, refried Beans etc,have you asked your Dr?

mmm, not sure if you would be allowed yogurt or not, but greek yogurt is very high in Protein. You could add sugar free flavoring Syrup like Torani and blend in a blender to make it more liquid so you can sip through a straw. sugar free syrups are also great for changing the flavors of your shakes.< /p>

I feel you. I had surgery on June 4th and was just released to pureed food yesterday. If you are liquid phase you should also be allowed Soups, like strained cream of asparagus, and I was allowed to eat Heart Healthy Bean & Bacon Soup. If you pureed the soup completely with a little Water, then add your can of Water, it's completely liquid. It has Protein in it and you can add unflavored unjury powder to it.

Syntrax nectar was mentioned I have only tried Fuzzy Navel. I made my own "high Protein shake" with one cup of Tropic 50 (low sugar Orange Juice) - one packet of Unjury unflavored Protein Powder - 2 teaspoons of Fat Free Cool Whip and lots of ice cubes. This was probably the best tasting thing I had.

I spent 7 weeks of liquids. 2 weeks of pre-op and then 5 weeks, I know it's hard. Best of luck.

I'm more surprised that yesterday I got pushed to pureed and - then this coming sunday I move to soft - then the following Sunday to regular food...as tolerated.

Today I had 1.5 ounce of pureed tuna for lunch and it was kind of rough on me and it was seriously pureed. I think I may end up trying the old refried Beans and sour cream this evening like everyone has talked about.

I don't have anything to add as far as shakes go. However, as far as chewing goes, try sf Popsicles or Sonic ice. I chewed the heck out of it in the liquid stage.

Ugh, fake strawberry anything makes me retch. Syntrax Nectars are truly awesome. Syntrax also makes the best unflavored Protein I've tried. Muscle Milk was one of my favorites for a while but started to cause me digestive issues so I stopped using it. Keep trying samples to find something that works for you.

Warm, spicy broth with a little unflavored Syntrax goes down well.

And yes, you're far enough along that I understand the desire to chew food! I wasn't hungry at that point but was so sick of drinking my meals. It's normal to feel frustrated but you should be through this phase soon.

Your primary concern right now should be hydration. It takes a while to hit nutritional goals and get in enough Protein.< /p>

Keep testing different protein samples - there are lots of sites that sell them but I'm pretty fond of Vitalady's site. Try a bunch of things until you know what works. Protein shakes aren't absolutely necessary but your life will be much better if you can reach your nutritional goals, and shakes will help you do that. You will have more energy and you will lose weight more consistently, and if you get in enough protein you'll be doing what you can to make the weight loss fat loss, not muscle.

Hang in there. You'll be complaining that you can hardly eat your scrambled egg in a few weeks, but in a few months you'll be amazed at how much weight you've lost and how much more normally you can eat. :)

~Cheri

If you had surgery on the 22nd,why are you still on liquids only?you should be at least on mushie foods,scrambled eggs,refried Beans etc,have you asked your Dr?

This totally depends on the doctor. My surgeon normally keeps people on a liquid diet for 8 weeks after being sleeved.