Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Long Islanders?

Hi ALL !

Lisa (Lcubed), I remember the weekend before my surgery (labor day weekend) and I was a nervous wreck. Since I did not tell a lot of people about it, I had only my husband and daughter to support me. YOU HAVE ALL of US to support you! You are doing a great thing that is going to change your life in ALL positive ways !!!!!

I will be looking forward to your post on here after your surgery. We can all meet and support you, Fran, Debbie, Chris and Sue and anyone else who wants to come!

I hit the 47 pound mark yesterday and I am feeling GREAT! And that is about 10 weeks! YOU GO GIRL!

I am happy and excited for you.

Sue

Hi!

Susancarole: Thanks so much for what you wrote! It's' greyt to have all of you for support...It means so much!

Wow...47 pounds in 10 weeks is amazing!

Thanks again,

Lisa

Hi !

I was banded in March '08 at NYU, but live in Suffolk county on Long Island. If you guys are thinking about forming a support group or just getting together, I was wondering if I could join you. NYU has a great support group, but its too far for me to go. It's the third Weds of every month and it's free if anyone is interested in checking it out.

Good luck to those of you being banded this week.

Christine

Hi November Buddies!

Wow, we have a lot of people on our board now....I love it! Welcome to anyone who I haven't officially "met" yet!

Christine: Hi! You could absolutely join our support group! I don't believe we came up with a day, time & place yet, but keep an eye out here on this forum for details to come!

Lcubed (Lisa): OMG, its almost Monday! How are you holding up? Listen, your going to be JUST FINE...we're all thinking of you here, all positive thoughts!!! Please keep us informed and let us know how everything goes! Good luck!!!

susancarole: You are doing soooo awesome, I am soooo proud of you! 47lbs in 10 weeks is just amazing! I hope I can do nearly as well as that! I can't wait for all of us to get together because I sure could use one of YOUR pep talks!!!

Sue & Debbie: Good luck to you guys on Thursday....we will all be thinking of you too! Can't wait to here how your doing! Good luck!

Well, I said I was going to start my liquid diet early (don't have to officially start until the 12th) so I finally did, TODAY! It started out rough...then wasn't too bad by mid morning...went to a baby shower today and watched everyone eat Italian food....thought I would die, but in reality, I was OKAY...it didn't even phase me because I had my Soup right before I left...when I got home tonight around 5:30 I was starving! Had one more soup and some more pudding. But I did realize that I sorta screwed up today...I didn't have ANY Protein shakes...just Soups, puddings, instant carnation Breakfast and a yogurt...so tomorrow I'm going to do this diet correctly and include my two Protein drinks!

Anyway, just wanted to say hello to everyone! Gotta go give my kiddies a bath! Have a good night and talk to you soon!

Fran

Hi Everyone,

Fran: Congrats on your good start today. What great will-power!

Christine: Congrats on your progress so far.

Lisa: everything will be fine. You are at bat and Deb and I are on deck.

susan carole: what great progress you are havving also.

We all wish we were there and the this scary part of awating suregery was over..

Surgery for me is the 13th. I am on liquids since the 7th and had a total meltdown today and ate half a bagel this am. I totally lost my mind like a crack addict I talked myself that it was no big deal.

Three more days of liquids and I am just so hungry. I hope the next few days get better.

Hi Everyone,

Susancarole, WOW, thank you for the inspiration. That is amazing, congrats to you!

Lisa, we will be thinking of you today! We are here for you.

Fran, you are my idol - first, starting liquids early and secondly going to a shower and being around so much food on the first day!

Sue, don't be so hard on yourself. This liquid thing is hard! I've been holding my self hostage here in my house since Friday so I don't have to be around food. So I can be a chicken and hide but you can't because you have a family. Hang in there! I never realized how much food meant to me, it scared me a little. PLUS there are a million food commericals on TV, it's torture....lol

Srinkinmom (Chris), that is a really nice offer! I'm in!

Lisa P and Christine, thanks for the well wishes!

Thank you all for your posts!

Debbie

Hi Everyone -

Lets send good thoughts Lcubed's way as she is probably having her operation as I type. I know she will have a successful operation with a speedy recovery. I send the same vibes to those of you having your operation on Thursday.

Sue--I definitely want to meet up. I can usaully sneak away on the weekends--either Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning and sometimes in the late afternoons during the week. Let me know when you are coming out--maybe this weekend or next.

Candle--I saw the advertisement for those Cambell Soups ...they sound great. Doyou know if they are OK for pre surgery??

Chris

Hi Everyone:

Hey Sue and Debbie, good luck to you on Thursday! I know you will both do great!

Chris, I can come out to Sayville on Sunday if you want! I could probably get to Starbucks by about 2 pm and meet you for some coffee. Would that possibly work for you? Let me know!

And LISA, even though we know you can't read this right now, WE ALL know that you did great today! Can't wait to hear from you.....

Sue

Candle--I saw the advertisement for those Cambell Soups ...they sound great. Doyou know if they are OK for pre surgery??

I don't see why they wouldn't be ok. Like with any canned/processed Soup, just watch the sodium and carb count. Post-op you also want to blend the Soup if it has chunks.

Hi Everyone,

Fran: Congrats on your good start today. What great will-power!

Christine: Congrats on your progress so far.

Lisa: everything will be fine. You are at bat and Deb and I are on deck.

susan carole: what great progress you are havving also.

We all wish we were there and the this scary part of awating suregery was over..

Surgery for me is the 13th. I am on liquids since the 7th and had a total meltdown today and ate half a bagel this am. I totally lost my mind like a crack addict I talked myself that it was no big deal.

Three more days of liquids and I am just so hungry. I hope the next few days get better.

Hey Sue: I'm not usually one that has alot of will power, but this time around I know I can't screw up, so I guess that's where my will power is coming in! Don't worry about the bagel....everything we are doing is a process! We can't be perfect, nothing is! I still haven't gotten down the whole drinking without eating yet....I try, but that change has been so hard for me to make! I can't believe your surgery is in two days! Your going to do great! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers....please remember to keep us posted!

Hi Everyone,

Susancarole, WOW, thank you for the inspiration. That is amazing, congrats to you!

Lisa, we will be thinking of you today! We are here for you.

Fran, you are my idol - first, starting liquids early and secondly going to a shower and being around so much food on the first day!

Debbie

Hey Debbie: Idol, wow! Never thought I'd hear anyone say that to me...LOL!!! At first I thought, am I NUTS to start liquids on the day of the shower? YES! I really needed to put my a-- in gear and just do this...stop wasting time! My first consult with Dr. Geiss was in eary August...between then and 5 days ago, I gained 6 1/2lbs! I wanted to try and drop those lbs, plus a little more, so I started early! 5 days on liquids and I've already lost those 6 1/2lbs! So I'm very happy about that!!! Good luck with your surgery...you will be in my prayers too! Please let us know how your doing!!!

Hi Everyone -

Lets send good thoughts Lcubed's way as she is probably having her operation as I type. I know she will have a successful operation with a speedy recovery. I send the same vibes to those of you having your operation on Thursday.

Sue--I definitely want to meet up. I can usaully sneak away on the weekends--either Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning and sometimes in the late afternoons during the week. Let me know when you are coming out--maybe this weekend or next.

Chris

Hi Chris! I've been thinking about Lisa since yesterday and hoping she's doing okay! Lisa, your in all our thoughts....hope everything went well!! Hope to hear from you soon!!!

Again, good luck Deb & Sue....when your up to it, please let us know how your surgery went!!!! I'll be thinking of you both!!!

Hi Everyone:

Chris, I can come out to Sayville on Sunday if you want! I could probably get to Starbucks by about 2 pm and meet you for some coffee. Would that possibly work for you? Let me know!

Sue

I can't believe there is another Chris in Sayville who is banded. I too am in Sayville and I had to back track to see if it was me you were referring to. Talk about a small world. I don't want to barge in, but let me know if you want company at Starbucks on Sunday. I know I am new to this BB, so I totally understand if you'd rather get to know me on line first.

Christine

I can't believe there is another Chris in Sayville who is banded. I too am in Sayville

If we do get together this Sunday, I am sure Chris #1 will not mind if you come along! We will keep each other posted!

In the main forum there's a sticky thread/poll about a Lap Band Conference in NYC the last week of March.

Go vote and give your feedback.

So exciting!