Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Most Humiliating Fat Moment

Mine was last year I went Chicago for a party.. I saw a lot of people I haven't seen in year. I'm from Chicago now living in Texas for 14 yrs. It wad a very big party a old friend of mine shouted really loud.." oh congratulations.!! I didn't know you were pregnant.!! When u due.? Next month.?" I got so red and embarrassed.. I just played it off I started laughing as nd said no I'm just fat.!!..

I really hate people like that , They don't know how hurtful it is for us. We have enough dealing with.ourself..I have a family reunion next year. Can't wait to be sleeved and visit. Again!!

Mine was last year I went Chicago for a party.. I saw a lot of people I haven't seen in year. I'm from Chicago now living in Texas for 14 yrs. It wad a very big party a old friend of mine shouted really loud.." oh congratulations.!! I didn't know you were pregnant.!! When u due.? Next month.?" I got so red and embarrassed.. I just played it off I started laughing as nd said no I'm just fat.!!..

I really hate people like that , They don't know how hurtful it is for us. We have enough dealing with.ourself..I have a family reunion next year. Can't wait to be sleeved and visit. Again!!

At a public pool, I sat in one of those flimsy plastic chairs, and it crumpled. I didn't break it, but it bent to one side, and I fell out. I had never even considered that a chair wouldn't good my weight, so I was shocked. Of course being pointed and laughed at by teenagers in bikinis didn't help.

What I hate the most is meeting my new boyfriend's friends and family. They stare me up and down :(

Going to open house at my grandson's school and having the first graders comment on how FAT I was. You know how it is, they say it like they see it. Very embarrasing!!!

I've broken 2 wheely chairs at work that have small wheels on the end of them; I guess when I rolled around I put too much weight on the left front leg and they broke off. The janitors asked why I kept breaking chairs and I had to hide my embarrassment. One of my students also said, "My mom says you're fat!!!" and I just smiled and said, "Well, that doesn't mean I can't teach you, does it?" Whenever I would say something about my fluffiness, my kids would say you're not fat, we love you the way you are. Some kids are sweet, some are mean....when I go back to school in a month, I will be down quite a bit so I'm anxious to see what kind of comments I get then!

Years ago..my ex grandmother in law (who was really mean to me) bought me 2 pair of underwear for Christmas,,she's dead now. They looked really small so in front of everyone she held them up and said "yall think these will fit Karen? Yeah they'll fit,,see??" Then she stretched them beyond recognition to show everyone that my fat butt would fit those bloomers. Besides the fact she did this in front of 75 family members..some of my ex's cousins were kids my age that I went to school with. I was humiliated and it affected me for years. It probably wouldn't have bothered me so much now but back then I was so insecure and self consious about my weight..it was so embarrassing. I could see others were embarrassed for me and even commented to me about how bad they felt for me,,which made me feel worse. I just wanted it to be over and bury my head somewhere. I wanted to post this so I can get over it..anyone else have a really sucky moment?

I cannot imagine what would possess a woman to do something like that, she must've been a real evil, spiteful, vindictive woman. No-one deserves that kind of treatment. The only story I have that for whatever reason really hurt me was when I was waiting for a train in NYC and a jersey shore looking dude with his pants hanging down around his behind practically shoved me out of the way and said "move over fatso" and proceeded to enter the train with his friends laughing. I couldn't get on the train cause I was literally in shock 'cause it totally came out of nowhere for no reason I guess he thought he looked pretty kool in front of his friends. I don't get upset very easily especially when it comes to strangers but that actually ruined my day. That experience, though, does not compare to yours, glad you shared and I hope the actions of that "old lady" still doesn't bother you.

I haven't allowed myself the opportunity to have a moment such as these. Once I realized I was too fat I stopped hanging out with any of my friends or doing the holidays or family functions out of embarrassment.

In the past 15 years I've missed family and friends weddings, graduations, family reunions, the funerals of 3 different friends, a cousin, one of my favorite uncles, and my grandfather. Worst of all, if I wasn't such a fat ass, I could have probably been there to prevent the suicide of my best friend instead of hiding in the house hoping not to be seen by anyone out of fear of what they might think or say. For that I'll never forgive myself.

I started to get really overweight working as a security guard I was a security guard at Walmart workin the parking lot at graveyard shift I had to drive a truck around parking lot to make sure no cars were being broke into I ended up falling asleep behind the wheel because I was just lazy because I was really overweight I ended up crashing into in n out burger smashon 01 of their marble tables almost broke the glass it was very very embarrassing luckily I did not lose my job

I work with inmates & it is verbal abuse everyday. My coworkers tease everyone (helps us get through the stress) & I laugh but the jokes are never funny to me when they are directed at my weight but I laugh it off to hide my pain. There is a man at work who likes me & he is overweight like me. Someone asked if we hang out & watch the food Network together. It was in front of a bunch of people & very humiliating.

I have a lifetime of stories that remind that the one thing more mortifying then feeling invisible because you are fat is feeling like everyone is laughing at you--because you're fat. I started writing some of my personal stories down and what is sad, is that I can remember the names of each one of those jerk bags...but can't remember the names of many of the countless people who have treated me with unsolicited acts of kindness. I hate that I have allocated so much emotional space to those merciless monsters.

But, I wanted to end on a light note-->the bigger your a$$ is/was the more of it there is for all the bullies to kiss. ;-)

I've only had to use a seat belt extender two times - each way on JAL to Japan. On the first flight, the attendant brought it very discretely folded and handed it to me. On the return flight, the attendant carried it dangling like an unpleasant object as she walked the length of the cabin to my seat. I was really shocked by the second attendant's rudeness.

Thanks for all the support you guys :) and for all of you who are sharing your story, each one was heartbreaking. I hate that you have gone through such horrid experiences but it is really helping me in a way that I can't explain. There's been dozens of embarrassing moments,,this one just stuck out. I guess my second worse was at the movie theater with my son. The kids behind us asked their mom if they could move because they couldn't see passed the big lady in front of them. I was more embarrassed for my son than for myself. I don't mean to be a debbie downer or anything..I'm a pretty positive person,,it's just good therapy for me to get it off my chest. God has really blessed me with some great friends here,,thanks for listening and for all the kind comments.

I remember being at universal Orlando and the attendant had to almost sit on the safety bar so I could ride the hulk coaster. He asked if I was alright in it, and of course I said yes even though it was so uncomfortable and in pain.

Childhood name calling stuck with me for years, like lard butt when I played baseball. Hoping I would not get picked last... in gym.

Or just this summer cracking a neighbors dining room side arm chair because I was too big... Even though it did look really narrow.

Or just this summer cracking a neighbors dining room side arm chair because I was too big... Even though it did look really narrow.

That was one of the final straws to say, I need help and wls.

Not what I want life to look like, in that state.

My worst was last summer when I was vacationing in Portland with my fiance. We were walking around the Pearl District and had been having a great time when some guys drove by in a truck and one pointed at me, they drove by again and this time rolled down their window, shouted, "FAT BIT*H" and threw a candy bar at me and then sped away.

I was mortified and also so embarrassed that my fiance had to be there too. I guess I was afraid he would realize that I was fat all the sudden and leave. He didn't and actually threw a book at the truck for me. But still. Terrible.