Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Read A Post About Loving Yourself First Before Anyone Else Can And It Irked Me!

Yes physical attraction does have to be there. And yes your apperence is the first thing to be noticed. But if you put being hot above being a good person, then no matter how skinny you are, then the ugly personality will turn people off faster the being overweight.

Get mad, defensive, upset, all of the above... But I'm just speaking my personal opinion and experience.

I don't understand why you wrote "Get mad, defensive, upset, all of the above...."

You are completely right & I myself and i'm sure everyone else here can't stand someone that thinks they are THE **** just because they are better looking than others, especially the people that make it known. That's just sad!

Anyway, i just wasn't sure why you'd think anyone could get mad over that LOL

Idk if your message was in response to me thinking i'll be HOT after i get where I wanna be or not but even being drop dead gorgeous I wouldn't be THAT person. I'm too sensitive and kind hearted to be ugly to people! That just isn't in my nature.

Johnathan

I' date=' on the other hand, am built like a piece of Laffy Taffy. Or Grimace.

[/quote']

LoL!!! I say I'm built like a German hockey player.

Some people think that being thin is the key to happiness. And some people get mad when it is said that no matter how skinny, ugly personalities will always be ugly. Not saying it to anyone in particular. Just noting some people might get mad, offended, whatever. But when they do, I often wonder if there is a hint of truth that they see and it hits a nerve.

Again not saying you or people on this thread. But some posts on this site, you wonder if they are seeing this as their fix all for unhappiness and not looking to see if there might be underlying causes for some of the body issues. And some, I wonder, may be using the new body for validation that they are worth something and not what they thought others perceived them as, being worthless.

Human psyche is just very interesting to me... Should have been a psychiatrist, not accountant. LoL!!!!

Some people think that being thin is the key to happiness. And some people get mad when it is said that no matter how skinny, ugly personalities will always be ugly.

My ugly face will always be ugly, even if it only has 1 chin. So I guess I'm kinda screwed regardless of what my body looks like (which is going to be hella deformed) ;)

Really good point in your 2nd paragraph. I've been a WLS patient for a long time, and been on the WLS boards even longer. A lot of people say "for my health" and mean "for my vanity". (Not a psychologist, but have an MS in psychology, so I'll nerdify this right along with you)

These people clearly didn't come to the Middle East as part of their fact finding. (I can hardly blame them... Souq explosives are hell on fat & skinny alike) 56% of the adults in this region are 'morbidly obese' date='' diabetes and its complications is the number one health problem, and 1 in 3 children are significantly overweight and underactive. I don't know what the average weight is here, but it's got to be at least 180... Sad, really.

Mind you, I've been to Houston... maybe it's a tie.. :)[/quote']

I live in the Middle East too, and I agree the obesity epidemic here is unbelievable. The predominance of chocolates and sweets in every supermarket or street is also amazing. They say expats usually put on a stone when they move here and I fell into that category.

Some people think that being thin is the key to happiness. And some people get mad when it is said that no matter how skinny, ugly personalities will always be ugly. Not saying it to anyone in particular. Just noting some people might get mad, offended, whatever. But when they do, I often wonder if there is a hint of truth that they see and it hits a nerve.

Again not saying you or people on this thread. But some posts on this site, you wonder if they are seeing this as their fix all for unhappiness and not looking to see if there might be underlying causes for some of the body issues. And some, I wonder, may be using the new body for validation that they are worth something and not what they thought others perceived them as, being worthless.

Human psyche is just very interesting to me... Should have been a psychiatrist, not accountant. LoL!!!!

Lol I'm sure you are very right!

Hey their is no time like the present! You can still be a psychiatrist!!!! Go back to school!

Well, Jlewis, I adore your face so much that your size wouldn't matter. You're cuter than a speckled pup!! I know you're young and gay, I'm old and straight, so I'm not hitting on ya... I just don't understand that other gay guys don't see your cuteness!

Well, Jlewis, I adore your face so much that your size wouldn't matter. You're cuter than a speckled pup!! I know you're young and gay, I'm old and straight, so I'm not hitting on ya... I just don't understand that other gay guys don't see your cuteness!

Aww Your so sweet! Thank you! They do and I'm not saying men don't find me attractive, I guess i can be a little picky too, maybe it's just not the right men. Idk but i do know weight has to do with it for sure!

These people clearly didn't come to the Middle East as part of their fact finding. (I can hardly blame them... Souq explosives are hell on fat & skinny alike) 56% of the adults in this region are 'morbidly obese' date='' diabetes and its complications is the number one health problem, and 1 in 3 children are significantly overweight and underactive. I don't know what the average weight is here, but it's got to be at least 180... Sad, really.

Mind you, I've been to Houston... maybe it's a tie.. :)[/quote']

Hey, don't knock Houston, we just like to eat. Can you blame us, we have the best food around and as we Texans always say "everything is bigger in Texas" including our portions and our people. Lol!

totally agree with you jlewis, i know there are guys that want to date me but not necessarily the ones i am attracted to. i know im a good person, funny, confident, smart but i'm also fat!! and i know when my weight comes off my options will broaden. i dont think its right but it is reality!

Just because it's the way it is doesn't make it right.

That's all I really have to say on the subject... except maybe that if someone were to want to get to know me simply based on how I look then that is definitely not someone I'd really want to get to know back.

Being beautiful from the inside out. That's how I want to live my life, and that's how I want to get to loving and respecting others.

Well said.