Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2006 Band Crew ~ September Chat

Welcome to Sept May Bandsters. Time does fly. I hope you don't mind LindaV, but I loved what your wrote and had to quote you to start the month.

I know it's stupid, but I always pee, then spit in the toilet for luck before I weigh myself--first thing in the morning and before I shower of course! I also step on the scale as "lightly" as I can. LOL. It's rediculous I know--but, it's my little ritual!

OK people, start spitting. This is a perfect form of elimination!!

Someone help me on the date for the Sept Challenge. I think there may have been more than one. Regardless, it's been a great way for me to stay focused on the task at hand. Please join us if you were banded in May and want to share in the support.

OK, I'm here now. I've been sidetracked by all the nonsense on some other threads. I think I'll hang out here for awhile.

I've been doing really well up until about two weeks ago. And this week I even gained a couple of pounds. :huggie: I think I have plenty of restriction, I'm just putting crap into my mouth.

I need to get centered with my May band brothers and sisters.

Heyllllooooo!

I will check in here for the September Challenge. For me the challenge ends 9/12. I managed to lose the few pounds I gained last week so I am unchanged. Can't even change my damn ticker but at least it is accurate now. Still working on trying to get a fill done with flouro to check for a leak. Will keep you posted.

I want to thank all of my fellow Maysters for always being so supportive and making this a fun, safe place to share with you. There has been so much negativity on the boards lately it's nice to know I have this group to always come back to.

Keep on keepin' on kids!!

Peace.

Well, we are in the final stretch! For me, my Challenge ends on my birthday....September 13. I will be 46. And since I won't get to check in tomorrow (darn work!!!! I wish they would just send me a paycheck and let me stay home!), today will be my start of the month.

Yesterday was a very bad day and a very good day. I woke up in the morning feeling strange and when I went to pee I about passed out it hurt so bad. Then I had to pee all the time and started passing blood. So I hurried and called my regular doc since I was sure I had the UTI from hell. They made me an appointment for 2:00 and of course I was there early......even after taking AZO and a handful of tylenol, it was still killing me.

So they call me in, ask me how I'm doing (I'm doubled up in pain! How do you think!!!!) and ask me to step on the scale. Now I hate my regular doc's scale, it always seems to weigh me heavier than most. A lot heavier. So I chuck my sandals, step up.....lightly, very lightly.....then peak out with one eye. 226! One pound more than this morning with a pair of jeans on!!!!! In the afternoon and I hadn't peed in the cup yet!!!!!

I was thrilled.

So I asked the nurse how much I weighed last time I was in. She scans up the chart and gasps.....wow.....271.....in February......that is FANTASTIC! She asks me how I did it and I told her about my surgery. Then the doc comes in and she tells me, yep, you have the UTI from hell and oh my god! look at how much you've lost!

We spent about 30 seconds talking about my UTI and 10 minutes talking about my surgery. She has 2 other women that are looking for letters to send for gastric bypass and she told me she's going to recommend that they research the band first before going on with the gastric bypass. I told her I was so incredibly happy with mine and so glad I didn't get "replumbed". She told me the patients she has that have had gastric bypass aren't well......they have a variety of problems and even though they have lost weight, they look sickly. And her comment to me was, "you look soooo healthy and happy! Keep up the good work. I like the idea of the band so much better than bypass. I think you made the right decision."

So that made me feel so good. Now today, hopefully my antibotics will make me feel better?

Well the peeing/spitting/stepping "lightly" on the scale ritual hasn't worked for me this past week. I only lost 1 pound. Oh well, it's better than gaining. :phanvan

My personal goal for September is to be 250 by my birthday on 9/15. I'm not sure if I will make it. Definately not if the scale keeps creeping down like it has been the last couple of weeks. The bright side is that I am sure I will make 250 even if I don't hit it by my birthday. That's the beauty of the band--it fills me with hope!!!!!!!!!

S 276 / C 258 / G 250 (-1 this week, -18 total)

Congratulations again to Janey for hitting her September goal.

Justducky - UTI's are painful at worst, annoying at best! I hope you feel better soon!

Stitchy - Hang out here for a while. We definately keep the drama to a minimum and our drama has to do with our bands/life/triumphs etc., not like the other LBT drama going around.

DrewsLou - I hope your port isn't leaking. Have you scheduled a fill under fluro yet? I'm hoping for the best for you!

Ousooner - Your weight loss is such an inspiration to me! Keep up the great work!

I don't feel good. I don't think it's too much restriction, but maybe. Seems like everytime I eat, I get the golf ball. That hasn't been too bad because I must stop in time and in a few minutes, I feel a bit better. Sure seems like drinking would help, but as we all know ... not!!!

Today, at lunch got one after just a couple of bites. This time there was pain :P . THAT hasns't happened before. I'm not sliming, and not pb'ing, just spitting a lot and wishing for a pb so I would feel better. Since I'm at work, I can't do jump up and down, walk, etc.

WAHHHHH!

I think I would just go in the bathroom and jump, flap your arms or whatever you need to do! I ate fish for lunch today and it took me over an hour to get 2 oz down and I was uncomfortable after a couple of bites each time. I guess hard Proteins are going to be a challenge for a while but, damn, the other stuff doesn't have as much Protein and has a lot more calories.

I forgot. Were you one of the ones who had a recent fill, Stitchy?

Well, I'm reporting in b4 I am banned for taking a stand. I've lost 6 lbs this week!!! Yeah!! Need to change my ticker.

Linda, I tried spitting today and it didn't help. Still going to keep trying though.

I think I would just go in the bathroom and jump, flap your arms or whatever you need to do! I ate fish for lunch today and it took me over an hour to get 2 oz down and I was uncomfortable after a couple of bites each time. I guess hard Proteins are going to be a challenge for a while but, damn, the other stuff doesn't have as much Protein and has a lot more calories.

I forgot. Were you one of the ones who had a recent fill, Stitchy?

My fill was a couple of weeks ago and it seems to be working fine

Funny you mentioned fish. That is what I was eating - warmed up. I think the reheating made it get tough. Around 3:30 pm I couldn't take it any more. I have been stuck before, but this was real pain. I went home and took a nap. Woke up happy and hungry (and two lbs lighter - go figure). Tried Soup. Success! Ate 3 of Costco's breaded chicken nugget thingys. Good. Stopped. I feel so much better.

Thanks Stitchy. :D I just got my first fill on Friday. It's the liquids that has made the difference and filling up fast. I've been afraid to eat fish or eggs b/c of the stories I've read. Today I had pintos 'n cheese for lunch and then chili (mostly broth) for supper. :hungry:

So do either one of you think you could be too tight? I am moving very slowly and cautiously toward the solids. PB is one of my worst fears. I'm sure it will happen some day. :guess

Great job Drews!!!

Ousooner, you too are an inspiration. I need to show your info to my DH. He intends on getting the band.

Marci ~ Hope you feel much better FAST!! I've never been down that road and hope I never do. I hear the pain in your post. Take care and :wow2: on your weight loss!! :D Sounds like you may become the poster child for WLS at your doc's office.

I don't think I'm too tight. In fact, I think I have the restriction that a lot of bandsters long for but it is a little more than I like. I work best with the band when I can take bigger bites and eat a little more than most but not the HUGE amounts I used to eat.

I lose best eating between 1400-1600 calories/day with a fairly high amount of Protein and I am finding that difficult right now. I could seriously eat about 600 calories w/o being hungry right now which I know my body would not react well to.

I like restriction because that's how the band works. Just not this much restriction. But I made the decision to get banded and I have no regrets! Being really restricted sometimes just goes with the territory.

I feel like I have been really lucky to be able to eat like a fairly normal person for the last few months and see the weight loss I've seen. Now I will have to eat like a real bandster for a few weeks till things loosten up. I can live with that! It's what I was prepared to do for the rest of my life--so what's a few weeks!

Just reading some comments and I think its time for me to get a fill again. I don't feel any restriction . I had my first gain this week. ( Maybe it was the peach cobbler from the restruant we had dinner at for our Anniversary) any way I think it time again. Only my Dr. is on Vacation and then openning his own clinic and the Surgical weight loss clinic in Tacoma will not tell me where he has moved to. Kinda make me MAD!. SO I'm on the search. IF any one in the NW know where Dr. Srikanth office is Please PM me or leave it on the board.