Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2006 Band Crew ~ September Chat

Hello my fellow May Bandsters!

Just found this site a while ago and thought I'd jump in if thats ok with all of you? Your all doing so great!

Question... how do you get those cool looking tickers on here?

Hope I'm following the format here.:)

256/237/215/150

Just wanna get to green!

Dr. Bocaccio St John Hospital

Banded May 5, 2006

Starting Weight 256

Pre-OP 237

First Fill 1cc 8/4

Current Weight 215

Goal 150

Do me a favor and tell 3loves that I think I have worked out my dental work and am going to get it done next month here in Texas. I had posted about Mexico dentists and I want her to know that I have got things worked out.

So next month I will be toothless and awaiting permanent dentures.:)

Myra

Hey everyone. Just finishing my last check in for the September Challenge and the scale didn't move again. BUT! My next fill is in a week, so I think I will be back on the losing wagon again soon. I'm in for 20 lbs for the Thanksgiving Take off. It would be better to be in Wonderland, but being 205 would be great too. Not only will I be trying to hit that goal but I'm still training for my Half-Marathon on Thanksgiving morning, so really I have TWO goals! I can walk three miles without noticing right now and 4 miles with a little effort. Over the next weeks, I slowly build up to the 13.2. That in itself will be a good accomplishment.

I'm at my husband's Grand Lodge function now. Thank goodness for free wireless access at these nicer hotels. I was thinking I would have to go out and buy some new clothes but I happen to dig into the back of my closet and found some shirts and dresses that I haven't worn in years that actually fit. Right now I have a shirt on that I LOVED when I bought it but maybe wore it a couple of times before the gaping buttons made me realize that it was too small. Now the button lay flat and the longer tunic bottom actually goes OVER MY BUTT!!!! Whoohoo! It made my day.

Well, I have to run. Some kind of meeting then lunch then off on a tour for just the wives. I brought my digital camera with me so I can take some pictures. Which, BTW.......I've only seen once person post a "Post September Challenge" picture! Come on ladies (and men) get them pictures up!

LOL!!!!!

Hello Everyone,

Today, September 15th, is my 42 birthday and the official end of my September Challenge.

I started at 276 and originally wanted to lose 61 pounds and be at 255. I changed my goal to 250 a few weeks ago just before my weight loss stalled!

Anyway, I am happy to report that this morning I weighed 253!!!!!! I lost 62 pounds! Woohoo! Even though I didn't make it to 250, I am thrilled!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As soon as I figure out how to post some pictures, I will get them up. It will be interesting to compare my before and after pictures. I havn't actually seen any yet.

I am definately in for the 20 lb Turkey Take-Off! My goal is 233.

As you can see, your assistance has allowed me to add my ticker!

Thanks!

I am so impressed by all of you and your weight loss. You are all an inspiration for me and I feel this site will help me to stay motivated.

I too travel a great deal for work. Some of the small towns around North America its difficult to find what I would normally eat at home.

Seminole, can you give me advice on what type of foods are you eating while traveling?

Hope all are well this fine day! :)

Janey - I just realised I copied your ticker! I just love the turkey!

I just changed mine but couldn't bear to get rid of the turkey!

Hey everybody!

I totally sucked on the September challenge- I'm fitting into things that have been way tight for way too long, but the scale just doesn't budge! :D

I'm scheduled for my 2nd fill the 22nd- maybe that will get things going where they need to be!

count me in on the Turkey take off- I'm looking for 20- gonna work my butt off to get it too. no more lally-gaggin for me!

thanks for all your inspiration- I need it!

Kato:cool:

Hi Everyone,

I just had to post another update. I have had a MAJOR scale VICTORY!

Drum roll please........This morning I passed 250! I was actually at 249! I know it's 2 days after my birthday, but I finally hit and passed my September Challenge goal. I couldn't believe it.

I still can hardly believe it--I weight less than 250! OMG!!!!!!!!

I am OVERWEIGHT! BMI=29.9! OK, so it's only a tenth of a point under but I have finally made it! First time in a gazillion years I haven't been obese...well, almost.

:bounce:

Congrats to everyone who had a success this week. Looking back, lots of us did! I go for another fill early tomorrow, I hope to get some restriction where I haven't had any before. I didn't lose as much in the last 6 weeks(since my last fill) as I would have liked to. I have been having minor pain if I eat bread and I tried lettuce for the first time Friday and, wow, that was a bad experience! I was sure it was coming back up. But if I eat the right things, chew real well, I can still eat like a glutton. Can anyone else still eat a large quantity of food? (Like 2-3+ cups) I'm hoping that will change with this next fill.