Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2006 Band Crew ~ September Chat

LindaV, when I stepped on the scale at the Docs yesterday, and I thought about turning around and spitting, thanks to you! ;-)

3loves, my weight loss had really slowed so I just got my first fill too, Sept. 6. Too soon to tell if it is enough, BUT I had some pain just eating cottage cheese with a few blueberries for the first time last night. I didn't like it. No PB's but it hurt. I'll avoid that at any cost.

I don't think I'm gonna make the Sept challenge and be under 200. BUT I can ride my bide 6 miles (up hills) and swim 3/4 of a mile and I feel great. So I'm happy. Hopefully the fill will help the weigh loss. It really makes me afraid to eat tho.

Myra, I eat A LOT more than than what you are. But I think you are doing it right. My Doc said 3-4 ounces 5 times a day. It really isn't that much, especially if I'm exercising. I wonder how people do that too?!

Janey, I only got a glimpse of what was going on but it was nasty and in my opinion, somewhat immature. Someone was having a melt-down. From the little I read, I think it was the right thing to ban them. They seemed to be way out there.

and confesses! :o I have managed to gain 2 pounds over the last 2 days. I'm not sure how that is possible since I have barely eaten over 1400 calories each day! Anyway...I'm fessing up! I am no longer -60 (damn!!!!). I'm back to -58 and heading to Portland for the weekend where I am sure I will be sorely tempted by restaurant food. I really want to be at 250 by my b-day next Friday but it is looking more and more like I won't make it. :tired

At this point, I would be happy with my original September Challenge goal which was 255 (which I saw for a brief 12 hours or so). I'm such a perfectionist--I hate failure! I guess it's really not failure--I have worked really hard to get to where I am.

Oh by the way, I had a MAJOR NSV yesterday. I bought some jeans for our trip (I havn't worn jeans in probably 15 years) and wore them to a friends house last night. I was amazed at everyone's response as soon as I walked in the door. People were absoutely gushing about how much weight I have lost. I guess there is something to be said for wearing tighter fitting clothes. I have always been more comfortable in really loose fitting clothes because then people can't tell how fat I really am underneath.

Another plus was the fact that I got them at Walmart. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on clothes that will only fit me for a month or two. The jeans were only about $15. I'm glad I'll be able to shop cheaply until I get down to my goal. I hate feeling like I'm wasting money.

Good luck everyone with the last week of the challenge!

Hi everyone, I've not been keeping up on the tread and just read everything that has been posted since Sept 1. I am 2 lbs from my Sept challenge (next week is deadline for me) and seem to be stuck! Ugh! I think it comes off 5 lbs at a time and the last 5 came off my boobs I'm sure.

I did have a great NSV last weekend. I went on my first carnival ride in over 12 years! The man loading people onto the ride didn't even look at me like I wouldn't fit, the harness went over my head and locked down on me with room to spare. It was the funnest ride I've had in like, forever!

Keep up the great work everyone, I wish we had updates from everyone who was chatting in April/May. Maybe they will find their way back.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Drews--You look fantastic! And so young! I had a much different "you" pictured because of your avatar. I like the real you much better than the one I imagined! You need a new avatar girl!

Drews -- you look great! And younger! Isn't that amazing? Keep up the good work.

I got home this morning (just finished a set of nightshifts) and I have a message on the phone from the surgeon's office. "Hi Marci, we need to change you appointment on the 21st....." Instantly, I was pissed. I thought this was going to be the second time they cancelled on me! It's hard enough to get time off for fills since I have to travel such a long way for them, but for them to keep cancelling........Argh!

Well, then I finished listening to the message and they just needed to move me up to 1:00 instead 2:30. Whew! I calmed down a bit after that. Got all upset for nothing.

I'm stuck again......I swear, I am so ready for that fill so I start my steady losing again. Lose 3 lbs, stay the same for forever. Very discouraging. But I keep telling myself to hang in there!

Drews -- I hope your husband gets well soon. That way you can both enjoy a happy life together.

Linda -- Doesn't it feel great when you can fit into clothes you know that just a few months ago there would have been NO WAY you could have gotten into them. I know that feeling about loose clothes.....you hide behind them and hide from yourself in them. But now.....you go girl! And wear those jeans with pride.

Marz -- that's a great NSV. And a fun one too. Now you'll have to hit the amusement parks more often.

Healthy1st -- I know I'm not going to make my 20 lbs either. But I'll take the 15 I have lost. Those are pounds I will never see again. Ever. And what you have lost is gone for good. Yeah for us both.

I am going to take pictures next weekend when I go with my husband to a Cult function. That way I can be dressed up. After meeting all day Friday there is a Steak and pancake dinner (no pancakes for me! I'll puke!) Then Saturday there is a semi-formal dinner and dance. I really hate his Cult functions, I really have nothing in common with the other wives there. The men call them "little women" which really makes me want to puke. The first one that asks my husband to introduce "the little woman" I'm going to punch right in the face. I realize this is an organization that has been around literally for centuries, but I don't like to be talked down to. Especially since in real life I probably make more money and have more responsibility than 90% of those men.

Funny how losing a bit of weight has made me more assertive.

LOL!

Marci - What exactly is a "cult" function? I've never heard of one.

I'll have to read your answer when I get back. For now, I'm off to Portland! I found out we're going to see the musical Wicked which is what I was secretly hoping for. My family just can't keep secrets from me.

I bet you were thrilled to be able to ride the carnival rides again. Me, I'm pretty much a chicken so even when I reach goal will still be standing on the ground waving...LOL!

Good luck on the last two pounds.

Linda -- he's a Mason. I call it "The Cult" because of all of the bad press they get. But really, a bunch of grown men dressing up and having "secret" ceremonies...:rolleyes: ...seems like a cult to me!:heh:

Hey All,

I'm back from Portland where my husband did indeed take me to see the musical Wicked. I absoutely loved it!

It was an interesting weekend eating-wise. I basicall decided I was going to have a junk food fest all weekend and I did eat a lot of junk but I also found I craved more healthy food than usual. At our first stop at a food mart, I knew I was going to get some junk food and I stood there for 10 minutes because I couldn't make up my mind. I finally decided on an ice cream sandwich and some Hostess hoho's and that was all of the really bad stuff I ate all weekend.

I did have fast food a couple of times but that was where we stopped and while I didn't order salads, I didn't order the worst stuff on the menu either.

I am dreading getting on the scale tomorrow and have definately give up all delusions of reaching my September Challenge goal by Friday but I had a good weekend and feel like I got the cravings for some really unhealthy stuff out of my system and I am ready to get back to Water aerobics and tracking my calories tomorrow.

Drews - I love the new avatar!

Marci - I know what the Mason's are. I just didn't realize that's what you were refering too. Thanks for the clarification.

Yeah! I made my last 2 pounds for my Sept challenge and an extra one for good measure! I am now 1 pound away from 50 total. I sure hope it comes off this week. I'm trying to do high Protein and staying away from the carbs (a friend who had duodenal switch surgery told me that carbs make you have gas, and I have noticed a big decrease since I cut back). Hope everyone has a great week, do what you know you should and it will be a reward in itself!