Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been searching the thread and can't seem to find it. My question is have most gotten an endoscopy pre surgery? I didn't I got an upper gi

I got a upper GI pre surgery.

All I had was an EKG and blood work in Mexico

I had the Upper GI and there was a problem. So I had the endoscopy/colonoscopy.

The problem is my esophagus is narrowed near the stomach. While the Dr. was doing

the endoscopy he stretched my narrowed esophagus. I still have

to have another test where they put a tube through my nose and down into

my esophagus while I am awake! I do that on the 19th of July.

My Dr. Wanted to do one because I have bad acid reflux....Dr. Found I have hernia, 3 ulcers and erosion in esophagus!...much more than I ever thought was going on!!! But the procedure was super quick (the wait time was 2 hours) and easy...they put you under amd then you wake up...no pain or anything after :) simple procedure.

I was required by my insurance to have an EDG.

I have always been concerned with erosion i hope the upper gi would have caught it if i had some. I think an edg is. Great idea

I just wanted to say when I had by endoscopy and colonoscopy I didn't feel anything.

With my 1st colonoscopy I felt all of it, that was 11 yrs ago. They are now using a different

medication to put you out. My problem was when I woke up, I was very nauseated and

was vomiting. I should have told the Dr. before the procedure that I was a vomiter, but I

forgot. Than the Dr. would have given me something for it before I woke up. So my point

is if you are a vomiter let them know!! 8~) I hope this helps someone!

I have been searching the thread and can't seem to find it. My question is have most gotten an endoscopy pre surgery? I didn't I got an upper gi

Hi! I had my EGD a week and a half ago and I felt nothing at all. I couldn't drink or eat anything the night before. I went in in the morning and they put an IV in my hand and then prepped me for the procedure. I think the prep and recovery time took longer than the procedure! Actually, I know it did because my husband started a stop watch on his phone when I went in and when I came back from surgery...Total time was 11 minutes 29 seconds...lol...My husband knows the surgeon and told him how long it took to which the surgeon said, "Wow, I'm slow today."

I then sat in a recovery room for an hour and they made me eat a piece of toast and then my husband drove me home. I took one of the best naps I have ever had to get over the medicine they used to fog you over.

Nothing to it! From prep to home it took about two hours. It is a really good thing to have because you are having a huge surgery done on your stomach. Having it checked for weaknesses or anything else that might hurt you is a great idea, although it feels like the hoops will never end.

I had an endoscopy done and thats how they found out I had h pylori in my stomach and gastritis. Now I have to wait until the h pylori is all cleared up before they give me a date now for surgery.

I had an endoscopy done and thats how they found out I had h pylori in my stomach and gastritis. Now I have to wait until the h pylori is all cleared up before they give me a date now for surgery.

Hey almostsleeved28...My surgery is July 23rd... I had my endoscopy today and they told me I have Gastritis.. Im really concerned because I really dont want this to affect my surgey.. What did they tell you about your gastitis, did u have to take medication for it???

July 23rd is an important day for me too. It is my twins birthday. I hope everything works out for you and you get to have your surgery on the 23rd. I will say a prayer for you.

Hey almostsleeved28...My surgery is July 23rd... I had my endoscopy today and they told me I have Gastritis.. Im really concerned because I really dont want this to affect my surgey.. What did they tell you about your gastitis' date=' did u have to take medication for it???[/quote']

Yes my gi dr has me taking some prilosec for it. He said its really nothing to get alarmed about and it's not something that will stop my surgery. The main thing that concerned them is that I have h pylori and have to go thru two weeks of strong antibiotic treatment and hope it goes away. My dr said the antibiotics usually work but there is a 1 in 4 chance that it might not.

July 23rd is an important day for me too. It is my twins birthday. I hope everything works out for you and you get to have your surgery on the 23rd. I will say a prayer for you.

Thanks so much..... I need all the prayer I can get....

Yes my gi dr has me taking some prilosec for it. He said its really nothing to get alarmed about and it's not something that will stop my surgery. The main thing that concerned them is that I have h pylori and have to go thru two weeks of strong antibiotic treatment and hope it goes away. My dr said the antibiotics usually work but there is a 1 in 4 chance that it might not.

Ok, so thats a load off.. I was almost to tears today because I thought that it would delay the surgery... Thanks alot for responding, Youve made my stress level go down a whole bunch...lol