Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Are You Looking Forward To?

I've been reading posts on how people are nervous about their upcoming surgeries. Mine is scheduled for July 3rd. Not concerned about the operation at all. Everytime I think about it' date=' my mind goes to the things I'm looking forward to.

I’m looking forward to the roller coasters, airplanes, restaurant booths, bathroom stalls, concert and movie seats, and clothes that I’ll be able to fit into again. The joy of playing basketball, tennis, golf and going long to catch a pass. The confidence in knowing I can sit in a chair – ANY CHAIR – and not worry about whether it can support me. The amusement parks, Water parks, state fairs that I can enjoy ALL DAY. To have the energy to climb a set of stairs, wash my own car, to help a friend move. To buy a shirt on sale from a DEPARTMENT STORE! To look great in a suit. To go to a conference and wear a 2x t-shirt instead of being the only 6x! I’m looking forward to seeing old friends, family, and business associates; the next class reunion! Oh, what joy it will be to spoon, have great sex, and to walk out of the shower feeling desirable. To not hear the inappropriate comments from people who say they love me (I WANT TO SIT ON THEM!); to hear the same comments from strangers! To get into the floor with my grandkids, knowing that I’m going to get in the floor with THEIR kids some day.

My view from the mountain top is so awesome, that the climb is merely a formality!

What are YOU looking forward to?[/quote']

That was great I never looked at it like that

I used to ride my bike 10-15 miles per day when I was thin and healthy. I want to do that again the most. I also want to work at a haunted house and scare the begeezus out of people :D and going fishing. I love fishing.

...to have the bath towel wrap all the way around me.

And not a XL beach towel, because that's the only one that covers now!

I've been reading posts on how people are nervous about their upcoming surgeries. Mine is scheduled for July 3rd. Not concerned about the operation at all. Everytime I think about it' date=' my mind goes to the things I'm looking forward to.

I’m looking forward to the roller coasters, airplanes, restaurant booths, bathroom stalls, concert and movie seats, and clothes that I’ll be able to fit into again. The joy of playing basketball, tennis, golf and going long to catch a pass. The confidence in knowing I can sit in a chair – ANY CHAIR – and not worry about whether it can support me. The amusement parks, Water parks, state fairs that I can enjoy ALL DAY. To have the energy to climb a set of stairs, wash my own car, to help a friend move. To buy a shirt on sale from a DEPARTMENT STORE! To look great in a suit. To go to a conference and wear a 2x t-shirt instead of being the only 6x! I’m looking forward to seeing old friends, family, and business associates; the next class reunion! Oh, what joy it will be to spoon, have great sex, and to walk out of the shower feeling desirable. To not hear the inappropriate comments from people who say they love me (I WANT TO SIT ON THEM!); to hear the same comments from strangers! To get into the floor with my grandkids, knowing that I’m going to get in the floor with THEIR kids some day.

My view from the mountain top is so awesome, that the climb is merely a formality!

I feel completely the same way!

I can't wait to have that body I've always dreamed I should have.

I can't wait to not feel self conscious about the way I look when meeting new people.

I can't wait to be able to buy the clothes I want to wear no matter where I find them.

I can't wait to be able to have sex again without wanting the lights off and under the cover AND without getting Charlie horses HAHA

And I can't wait to be able to do any damn thing I want to because this weight will not hold me back any longer!

Good luck to us all!

Johnathan

**Not having to say I''m sorry when I try to squeeze past someone in a narrow aisle, and end up bumping into them

**shopping for bras online that have the size cup I wear

**Being able to sit up in in bed without having to rock my body up so I can hoist my legs over the edge to create ensure momentum to get out of the bed successfully.

**Keeping my floors clean because it's not a major aerobics exercise to bend over to pick up things

**after a blind date when I am told there's no chemistry,

NOT wondering if it's really because I am morbidly obese.

**Not having to describe myself on Match. Com as being "full figured."

** never having to shop in the Avenue or Lane Bryant. and being forced to buy polyester instead of silks and and rayon.

Being able to sit directly on the floor to meditate in satsang.

Throwing out my pair of $ 200 custom orthotics because my Feet no longer hurt.

**No longer having to order shoes in double wide.

Being strong enough to keep up on a 5 mile Sierra Club hike

And lastly, enjoy inhabiting my new body. and feeling proud of my hard work.

Love this!iv made a whole list but here's a few:dressing in girly clothes!iv been wearing band t-shirts and basketball shorts for years because it's the only way I can hide.being able to walk around the mall without having anxiety that people are judging me based on my weight.being able to fit comfortably in movie theatre seats!being one of the girls when we go out instead of the body guard when they get hit on.being happy,wearing necklaces that I can't now cuz my neck is to fat.i want to be able to jump into a pool,rock-climb,give the finger to the McDonald's drive through,go to the beach during the day,buy a dress....iv never worn one my whole life besides high school prom years ago and I was miserable!so much more!

Get up off the floor without using my hands for support.

Squat to garden!!!

To not worry about my back fat/ham hocks.

For my wedding ring to fit.

To feel ok eating around others.

To feel secure grocery shopping. I sometimes feel Iike people note what is in my cart. If I get something that isn't super healthy I wonder If I am judged!

To rock a pair of denim!!!

Try new hair styles on a thinner face!!

Sexy fun panty shopping!!

To wear the colors I want, because they actually come in my size of clothes!!

To sit with my legs crossed: like a lady does.

To feel comfortable in an exercise class and not be "the fat one".

To feel confident!

To have my radiant facial skin back!!

Thus list could go on and on!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

And not a XL beach towel' date=' because that's the only one that covers now![/quote']

:D haha! That's right!!! Bath towel, not bath sheet!

~I can't wait to be able to wear a skirt ing the summer and not get a rash from my legs rubbing together.

~I can't wait to have pretty hands and not cute little sausages for fingers.

~I can't wait to wear a sundress.

~I can't wait to have food left on my plate after a meal.

~I can't wait to have my picture taken with my son when he graduates from college in December

~I can't wait to see a thin face when I look in the rear view mirror.

~I can't wait to feel in control of my health

~I can't wait to rejoin the world with confidence and self-control

~I can't wait to feel ready to find a new church home and see what God has planned for the next stage of my life!!!

I had to add another one!

DANCING! I'm so ready to be able to have the endurance and no cramps to be able to tear ur up! And the hot guys that dance with you is a huge +++ lol

I have sit home this week in pain from surgery last week. This IS the first post that has given me hope!! Than you for reminding me why I am here. I have never been thin so I have nwver experienxwd alor of the things listed. So I have a list of qhat I would like to try. :)

Riding a motorcycle

Sex with the light on amd a smile

Jet ski

Dance

Pretty shoes

A wolf whislte

A smile from an intrigued man -i dont care im married

Wearing shorts to town with confidence

Exercising in public

Run a race

Take a cruise

Enjoy going to the movies

Suprise friends and family

Feel like I fit in - everywhere

Laugh out loud and be noticed

Make jokes- ok with people looking at me

Looking up when I walk

Have confidence

Feel sexy 100%of the time

LIVE

What im looking forward to:

Being able to have energy to go outside and play with my kids without being out of breath after 5 minutes.

Buying a cute outfit from a junior size section

Being about to "jog" on a treadmill

Bike riding with my kids

Looking sexy!lol

Being able to get on rides and go to amusement parks

Having alot more energy that ive ever had!

And just being able to live life longer and enjoy my kids :-)

I'm looking forward to vintage fashion (cause 50 years ago, sizes aren't what they are now). I'm looking forward to moving my body comfortably. I'm looking forward to taking belly dancing classes, and learning yoga, and to enjoy the way my body feels when it moves instead of being in pain.

I'm looking forward to not being harrassed and nagged by my mother anymore for being overweight. I'm looking forward to not being discriminated against in employment because of my size.

I'm looking forward to the private benefits of weight loss as they relate to my husband and our alone time. I'm looking forward to a shot at a low-risk pregnancy, and a good delivery (not an automatic c-section). I'm looking forward to being able to run around after my children one day, and having the energy to do everything I need and want to do in a day.

Basically, I'm looking forward to a better life!

Sing it sister!

For me it is travel, never worrying about a chair with sides, Disneyland, sex where I am in control..lmao.....clothes....oooooh the clothes......tennis...and all the fifty shades of grey my husband has eagerly agreed too.....my health..yep exciting...

Sing it sister!

For me it is travel' date=' never worrying about a chair with sides, Disneyland, sex where I am in control..lmao.....clothes....oooooh the clothes......tennis...and all the fifty shades of grey my husband has eagerly agreed too.....my health..yep exciting...[/quote']

Oh yes, fifty shades of grey. I'm too self conscious to even talk to my husband about that!