Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nothing Bothers Me? Really?

OH, yeah, I don't do well with hot dogs either, but no loss there. They're so bad for you and not all that good anyway. I forget about these things because I don't eat them, but I do remember having half a hot dog as a test or to taste and it was not pleasant. Healthy sausages are fine though. I can happily eat 3/4 of a grilled chicken sausage. When I say I've eaten fried foods it's more like 8 sweet potato fries or one piece of general Tso's chicken and all have been fine. I would be scared to eat a full blown fried meal. Partially becuase I'd have an axiety attack over the calories and fat and partially because I think it would make me ill, but I haven't tried. For me, I just love seafood and chicken so much that I don't feel deprived. I'd rather eat jerk grill shrimp than a hot dog any day.

Nothing bothers me. However, there are a lot of things.... Sweets really that aren't appealing to me. I find myself completely satisfied with one bite or a lick of a finger of whatever is tempting me.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I'm with you, Star! Nothing has bothered my sleeve, but like you, I haven't tried bread, Desserts or Pasta and i'm not missing it a bit. I did have a couple of small spoonfuls of Israeli Cous Cous and it tasted good! But, i concentrate on Protein. Tonight was Korean Style Short Ribs, grilled with an heirloom cherry Tomato salad and one stalk of brocollini. It was delicious and filled me up perfectly! My issue is getting in the 800 calories my NUT wants me to get in while still eating so little really. I'm at about 1/2 cup food each meal and cannot get in more and i eat five small meals a day! I'm still only consuming around 600 calories most days and that's with a RTD Protein shake! I'm 8 weeks out tomorrow. How many calories are you getting in? I think we are eating the way we should and I'm not ready to test the waters with any fried food or sweets. It's just not worth it to me!

I am eight weeks today.. you must've had your surgery may 2nd?

There is nothing i can't eat. I was an everyday coffee drinker now i only have coffee on fridays.. because it does give me heartburn but other than that i can tolerate anything and i love my sleeve because i can take a bite of something sweet and be satisfied. I will safe my taste buds really havn't changed. I have had a chocolate dipped strawberry and loved it.. and love the fact i only need one to be satisfied!!

I do watch my carbs, fat intake and always get in my protein. I've really been loving fish... been having that for lunch most days.

I am eight weeks today.. you must've had your surgery may 2nd?

There is nothing i can't eat. I was an everyday coffee drinker now i only have coffee on fridays.. because it does give me heartburn but other than that i can tolerate anything and i love my sleeve because i can take a bite of something sweet and be satisfied. I will safe my taste buds really havn't changed. I have had a chocolate dipped strawberry and loved it.. and love the fact i only need one to be satisfied!!

I do watch my carbs, fat intake and always get in my Protein. I've really been loving fish... been having that for lunch most days.

My surgery was on May 3.

Last night we went to a Mariner's baseball game and were guests of a local resort here in their suite. The food choices they had were great. Tried my first 'ruffage' - raw spinach as well as my first bites of raw apple. Both went down without a problem. I also had some pineapple and blueberries - yum! They had dessert but I just didn't even feel like a taste. That may change as I get further out, but for now I'm happy not to want sweets.

Every morning I have a tall skinny latte - Decaf. No problems with decaf coffee and I get some Protein in too.

Caffeine, rice, chicken turkey, basically my sleeve can handle anything in small well chewed portions! Good, and not so good. Lost 20 in 30 days, on my way to feeling better and better every day!!

OK, so it's been a while and I am close to 40 lbs down now :-) The one thing that was my "Achilles Heel" prior to the surgery was rice and I am not a big fan of it any more. I can eat anything! I just don't desire much of anything bad. No heartburn, still haven't had the stuffed feeling and the only time I vomited was when I had a but of food poisoning. Other than that, if I wasn't so open about my surgery, no one would know. People just think I am watching my calories- which, is true... I just have Sleeven to help me :-D

So I'm almost 3 months out. Down 60 pounds including pre-op, and all along I was told that there would be times when a new food would bother me. I've not yet allowed myself a cheat meaning bread, burgers, anything breaded or fried. But I've not had one moment where I've felt sick or known I couldn't eat anything. 2-3 oz of anything and I'm still fine. Mind you it's all been protein(eggs, nuts, chicken, shrimp). I'm not sure if this is a blessing or a curse. What happens when I want to try something sweet, or fried?

Hi Star, like you, I had NOTHING that I considered cheating. You are on your way to a normal life.. I am sure I eat like a NATURALLY thin person now. It's wonderful, but scary all at the same time!!! After I reached goal I started adding calories in (I need 1200 to maintain) and that did include an occasional sweet. I still rarely eat anything fried, maybe four or five French fries or a few pieces of okra, that's it. When I have a burger, I may take a bite of it with the bread, then I just eat the meat. This is my new normal, and it doesn't feel weird or anything. I'd say my favorite thing to eat, when we eat out, is grilled shrimp. I can eat more of it I think, it tastes good, goes down easy and is loaded with protein!!! Don't worry, I didn't have any problems the first time I shared a piece of Star Buck's pumpkin bread with my husband. Sometimes I wish sweets didn't agree with me and I'd feel miserable, but alas, that is not the case. Self control is easier now, nothing like before!!!

I'm with you, Star! Nothing has bothered my sleeve, but like you, I haven't tried bread, Desserts or Pasta and i'm not missing it a bit. I did have a couple of small spoonfuls of Israeli Cous Cous and it tasted good! But, i concentrate on Protein. Tonight was Korean Style Short Ribs, grilled with an heirloom cherry Tomato salad and one stalk of brocollini. It was delicious and filled me up perfectly! My issue is getting in the 800 calories my NUT wants me to get in while still eating so little really. I'm at about 1/2 cup food each meal and cannot get in more and i eat five small meals a day! I'm still only consuming around 600 calories most days and that's with a RTD Protein shake! I'm 8 weeks out tomorrow. How many calories are you getting in? I think we are eating the way we should and I'm not ready to test the waters with any fried food or sweets. It's just not worth it to me!

I have to have 1200 to maintain, but during my losing phase, I got in between 450 and 600. I was off protein bullets by month 2. I had 2 glasses of skim milk per day, I ate tuna, eggs, steamed shrimp and whatever baked or grilled meat I wanted, with a couple of bites of veggies per day. Oh, and 1% cottage cheese, I call it the Breakfast of champions!! :)

It has really messed up my taste. Now I absolutely detest chocolate, cake, pie, Cookies. I have tried it all and have heaved with every bit of it. It is just ungodly sweet now! I can eat a little vanilla ice cream, but even that gags me some times. I used to love chocolate. It kind of bothers me that I can't eat it; because I can't eat more than a bite of anything, I know for sure that I wouldn't over do it. My mom brought my husband and me a box of Russell Stouffer's bloopers back from the mountains last week. I put one in my mouth, chewed it a little and had to spit it out. It gaged me and I knew that I would throw up if I swallowed it. It is amazing to me just how much your taste can change with this; after all, they changed our stomachs, not our tongues...lol.

I have to ask, WHY would your mom bring you candy? ? Does she knoww about your surgery? Everything tempting was out of our house before I had surgery and everybody knew, out of respect and support I HOPE, that sweets were not something we had in our home. Period. It would have totally pi$$ed me off had someone brought me something.

Maybe she isn't one of the people that decided to go on a diet like some on here.

I know plenty of successful sleevers who still eat candy, just not much, just like I know plenty of success stories from people who hardcore dieted after surgery. (or at least radically changed their diet to not include any "bad" food.)

I have to ask, WHY would your mom bring you candy?? Does she knoww about your surgery? Everything tempting was out of our house before I had surgery and everybody knew, out of respect and support I HOPE, that sweets were not something we had in our home. Period. It would have totally pi$$ed me off had someone brought me something.