Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Month Surgiversary!

I went to the mall today to return an item, and while I was there I thought I would browse the ladies section and see if anything was on sale. I found a cute shirt, but it was an XL in the regular ladies section. I've been in the women's 16-28 section for quite a few years. Just for sh*ts and giggles, I tried it on and low and behold that sucker fit!! It wasn't until I was on my way home that I realized today is the 26th and I'm exactly three months out. So when I got home I decided to weigh myself to see where I am and I'm down exactly 40 lbs! My eyes nearly popped out of my head, because I am just getting out of a 6 week stall. For six weeks I bounced around the same darn pound. It was so very frustrating. My logical self knew it would eventually end, but when you are in the moment and that moment last 6 weeks all kinds of crazy thoughts run through your head.

Just wanted to share, especially for those who are in the midst of a stall so you know there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

Congratulations! That is awesome! :)

Oh happy joy! I am on the 11th day of my first stall (6 weeks post-op) and it's frustrating! I know it will end. It HAS to end, no one can sustain 283 lbs body on 600 calories a day.

But when?? LOL.

Thanks for the encouragement. It's great to hear that "there is light at the end of the tunnel".....and that it's not just an on-coming train. :)

Congrats on your progress. Super, fantastic!

Congrats. I'm right behind you as tomorrow is my 3 month Anniversery, and I'm at about the same weight loss.

I feel the same my is going on 4 months on 7/9 and i like stopped lossing weight and started lossing hair.< /p>

I went to the mall today to return an item' date=' and while I was there I thought I would browse the ladies section and see if anything was on sale. I found a cute shirt, but it was an XL in the regular ladies section. I've been in the women's 16-28 section for quite a few years. Just for sh*ts and giggles, I tried it on and low and behold that sucker fit!! It wasn't until I was on my way home that I realized today is the 26th and I'm exactly three months out. So when I got home I decided to weigh myself to see where I am and I'm down exactly 40 lbs! My eyes nearly popped out of my head, because I am just getting out of a 6 week stall. For six weeks I bounced around the same darn pound. It was so very frustrating. My logical self knew it would eventually end, but when you are in the moment and that moment last 6 weeks all kinds of crazy thoughts run through your head.

Just wanted to share, especially for those who are in the midst of a stall so you know there is a light at the end of the tunnel![/quote']

Love it! Thanks so much for sharing. These are the things I need to hear before surgery so I can remember when I'm stuck that it WILL come off! Congrats!!...that must have been such an awesome feeling when you put that "regular ladies" shirt on!

These are just the greatest moments! Congratulations on your hard work paying off in a "small" way!

I had one this morning when I pulled on a pair of size 14 pants my mom gave me because they don't fit her any more... I could totally get away with wearing those pants now... =) I'll give it 10 more lbs to like the way they look on me!

Awesome! "Sh*ts and Giggles" that expression is too funny, Luv It!

I feel the same my is going on 4 months on 7/9 and i like stopped lossing weight and started lossing hair.

Same here! 4.5 mo out haven't lost a thing in 4 weeks BUT hair :( but it will pass. We KNOW this but still frustrating as hell!!!

Congrats!!! I just passed my 3 month mark too and getting back to the smaller sizes in my closet is the best thing ever!! People keep saying they love my new clothes and I laugh because theyve been in my closet for years. I am 42 pounds down so about the same. Its only going to get better from here. So happy for all of us!!

When I stalled I would just up the calories from around 800 to 950 every other day (eating cheese or extra yogurt) and it has been working, I had only one stall for about week and a half and haven't had one is 6 weeks.

I am 3months out and lost 47lbs, I feel better knowing that other people are losing like I am, When I first got on this site I was hearing 60lbs and more lost the first 3 months and I was thinking I wasn't doing well.

Thanks you guys!

Hi 'NoExcuses' ... Congrats! Seems that you & I had the same surgery date :D. It wasn't until I read your post just now that I realized that it has been 3 months post-op. High-five to you!

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!