Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 Month Update (My Road To Rocking My Sleeve) -Its

This is why I adore you, Tina! Besides that million-dollar, million-watt smile, you have a million-dollar, million-watt personality! I love the Tina-isms and I'm in awe of your "only" 70 pounds lost! LOL That's an amazing amount of weight lost at "only" six months out!

Your post is also one of the reasons that I love this community. I can remember reading your pre-op posts and trying to give you a bit of encouragment, and look at you NOW! You're the one passing along what you've learned from your Sleevina! I see that pattern every day here and I think it's great!

Go Tina! Go Tina!!! :)

You are an inspiration and I wish I could channel half your attitude! Way to keep us all going!

Your Tina-isms are great! Thanks for the insight and the enthusiasm.

Okay... I can hardly believe that it's been 6 months already!!! Seems like only yesterday I couldn't fit into a booth at Texas Roadhouse, but it's actually been over 17 months... Feels like I was just complaining about how my dumb insurance company requires 6 month medically supervised diet... but that's been 12 months ago.. and then I met my Sleevina...

The past 6 months have been the most mentally engaging 26 and a half weeks of my life!!! It's been a challenge to get up each day and not be consumed by the RULES, but respecting them and not looking at them as BAD... but as parameters and boundaries that keep my Sleevina working optimally.... So, this journey is definitely not for the faint at heart or those who are seeking to somehow become whole after losing weight.. Wholeness comes from knowing yourself, outside of physical parameters and having the strength to work hard and change the things that aren't "meshing" with the real you.. Anyway.. here are my stats since I started this journey...

HW: 384

CW: 314

Clothing sizes:

Highest: 30/32-4X in everything

Current 20/22 - 1X (I still struggle to purchase them!!)

Pre-surgery Shoe Size: 11WW

Current: 10W

Bra Size

Pre- 48 DD

Current- 42D

Exercise Level:

Pre- Nonexistent due to back injury and poor left side dorsiflexion

Post- aqua aerobics, stationery bike, (ELLIPTICAL.. go figure), lots of walking

Greatest SUCCESS to date:

I'm mentoring 2 young ladies that I met recently..One was sleeved 3 weeks ago, the other had RNY 5 weeks ago.. I get an opportunity to share my ups and downs, give encouragement and advice, PLUS receive it!! Through it all, I don't have any regrets...

Yesterday while biking away in the gym, this guy walks up to me and tells me I have enviable legs and calves... I laughed and said thanks... I wanted to say, please move so I can finish my workout.. This is an NSV because I love men and he was kind of cute.. but I wanted to finish strong and he was being a distraction!!! That's a huge step for me... I'm determined to put on blinders to all distractions, negativity, unhealthy weights (people, mindsets, attitudes, etc) and baggage that seeks to impede my journey towards my goals...They're not worth the time, energy and effort!! BUT I AM WORTH IT!!!

If you are at goals and in maintenance, congrats.. If you are still on the journey to goal, congrats and don't lose sight of it... remember everyday you get closer, if you make the right decisions...if you are a NEWBIE, welcome!!! Trust me it gets better!! And if you are comtemplating getting sleeved, don't hesitate.. but prepare to have your life totally altered in ways you can't imagine...Remember, you have to know that you are worth whatever dollar amount it costs, however long the pre-op diet it, and whatever fiery hoop you have to jump through... Get all the facts, but don't sell yourself and your loved ones short.. Yes, my life has changed, yes... I had to leave some people behind.. but, I found myself again!!! And I have to say... she's pretty darn cool!!! I like me a lot!!

I haven't dropped a huge amount of weight (in pounds), but I have left a HUGE amount of disgust, low-confidence, defeat and many other things synonomous with CRAP along the way...

A few Tina-isms:

• Your journey is yours!!! You can't expect it to be exactly like someone else's...
  • Don't compare yourself to anyone else.. Compare yourself to YOU!!.. Look at old pics, keep track of your measurements, do a side by side comparison... trust me, you'll see the difference
  • Enjoy your journey!!! If you do it grudgingly, the smallest excuse is all you'll need not to work out, not to drink Water, not to refrain from high calorie, but delicious stuff that slows/stalls your progress
  • Find an activity that you LOVE to do.. I LOVE aqua aerobics... I don't see it as excercise (although Jenna the Beast works the HECK out of me!!)... it's fun, burns lots of calories and helps tone the whole body
  • Affirm yourself!! Positive self affirmations work wonders when you are struggling to finish that last mile or last 5 minutes of a workout.. Yes, hearing it from others is good.. but say something good about yourself.
  • Extend the same love, support, grace, mercy and consideration to yourself, as you lavish on others.. You're human too right??
  • Don't make excuses, MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!

Tina, fabulous Sis... just FABULOUS!!! Everything you said was spot on, but I often have to highlight certain things that should be read 2 or even 3 times! You are a special lady and we are lucky to have you here at VST. :D Keep fighting!! and GOD Bless!!

You are truly an inspiration. Congratulations on your awesome weight loss!

Your upbeat attitude and tina-isms are wonderful!

Those that you mentor are lucky ladies!

Keep up the great work. I love seeing how you are doing.

Thanks for the motivational push. I just loved your comment " It's been a challenge to get up each day and not be consumed by the RULES, but respecting them and not looking at them as BAD... but as parameters and boundaries that keep my Sleevina working optimally.... " I have just past the 1 month mark and yesterday was the first time I felt like I just wanted to skip the gym, eat what I wanted, and have my old life without counting grams of Protein or ounces of Water. I was strong and followed my plan and even did a little extra at the gym and then rewarded myself with time on the hydromassage table. As an added bonus I was rewarded by fitting into a size smaller pants this morning.

Congratulations, that is awesome. I love that you are mentoring as well.

Thank you for an encouraging and inspirational post! It was just what I needed as I am about to begin my pre-op diet for July 9 surgery! Thank you!